[Q] Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II 4G (SGH-T679) Can't Boot

Search This thread
My Galaxy Exhibit II 4G is about a year old, rooted and i have CM11 installed. Everything was fine, I had it plugged in (charging) and i was downloading an app (Camscanner) from the Mobogenie store when suddenly the phone shut off and the battery icon appeared with the loading circle in the middle.

This did not stay on for long as the screen would go off and this would again appear. After pulling the battery and removing the charger, then reinserting the battery, the phone would just flash the SAMSUNG logo in this very same manner.

I am unable to get into either recovery or download modes and when i try this combination (VOL UP + VOL DWN) i get:

RAMDUMP MODE
Cause: Force Upload

I have been reading forums for hours and i have found nothing. Is my device bricked? What can I do to recover it? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated :( :crying: :confused:

Last edited:
The link you sent me to sounds similar to my problem, except I wasn't trying to update the firmware. The crash was spontaneous.

However, neither of those methods work. As soon as I put in the battery the SAMSUNG logo appears, then disappears and reappears and it continues like that... Pressing the power button does nothing, whether by itself or with the volume up/down button

I am beginning to panic

...battery icon appeared with the loading circle in the middle.

Anyway, after many hours of investigation I discovered it was a hardware problem. The power button was stuck and so it forced it to reboot repeatedly. It also explains why it (the power button) was unresponsive. Disassembling the phone and freeing up the power button solved the problem.

P.s. Your build of CM11 is boss

jfbs

May 24, 2012
I have same problem with power button. Had to tweak it hard cause it was so sensitive.

Strange, ...

My Galaxy Exhibit II 4G is about a year old, rooted and i have CM11 installed. Everything was fine, I had it plugged in (charging) and i was downloading an app (Camscanner) from the Mobogenie store when suddenly the phone shut off and the battery icon appeared with the loading circle in the middle.

This did not stay on for long as the screen would go off and this would again appear. After pulling the battery and removing the charger, then reinserting the battery, the phone would just flash the SAMSUNG logo in this very same manner.

I am unable to get into either recovery or download modes and when i try this combination (VOL UP + VOL DWN) i get:

RAMDUMP MODE
Cause: Force Upload

I also get ram dump mode error when trying to manually boot recovery.
I have been reading forums for hours and i have found nothing. Is my device bricked? What can I do to recover it? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated :( :crying: :confused:

OK so I'm no expert or anything but maybe my experience with this Model might be able to help you a little bit. I have the same model and it was doing the exact same thing however I haven't rooted it. And I've since corrected the issue on mind particularly it appeared that it was the charge port and/or USB that either had a bad connection or possibly it was boot looped. However with me not rooting the I didn't understand how it could be booted Looped so I started playing around with holding the power button playin with USB things of this nature and what I found was that if I hold the USB to one side either left or right, this allowed me to help a boot farther into it sequence at first to just show the Samsung logo over and over then I could get it to get to the boot sequence about halfway through the boot animation until I finally got to the exhibit screen where displays its model and 4G status. I accomplish this by holding the USB to one side and pushing and holding the power button intermittently throughout the boot. Once I hit the unlock screen unlock the device and I immediately factory data reset it. I'm under the impression that mine was possibly I think that mine was somehow a corrupted bootloader or software still I don't know what caused it to backed up to this day occasionally it'll shut itself down and reboot on me that's why I'm here today I've got all the parts and pieces I need to flash a new rom and hopefully new software the new work over I'll be good to go I also cleaned the USB port made sure that it was still snug to the board all of the good stuff. I don't know if it'll help you but I had the same situation I thought you'd like to know that it was probably not what you were doing with the phone it may just be the software itself with this particular phone see I done nothing that you didn't had the exact same problems. I hope it was somewhat helpful if you haven't gotten it unlocked or re-booted yet. Then maybe just play around with the power sources and power buttons. And see if you can get the same results I did