[APP] WMDreamRemote - control your Dreambox-with streaming!

Do you want me to continue developing WMDR?

• Yes, because there are still many bugs which should be fixed in WMDR.

Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Yes, because there are many features missing which should be added to WMDR.

Votes: 41 65.1%
  • No, on overall WMDR already works satisfactory. No need for further development.

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

tilleke

Retired Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
WMDreamRemote (WMDR) - with streaming

UPDATE (22/04/2012): No more deadlines. The reason is that I am busy with other projects. I might implement other features in future. You can download from my web-site, http://www.tillekesoft.com. There you can find as usual two versions. One version is for devices using 320x240 but it should work fine also with devices having a resolution of 640x480. For all other resolutions, please use the other one. For existing users, you just need to replace the old executable with the new one.

06/10/2010 - I have attached a "step-by-step"-guide for setting up WMDR - in particular what regards streaming (it is in English but you can use Google Translation-tools to translate it to another language). Hopefully, this will make it easier for new users to get WMDR working.

IMPORTANT (22/06/2010) - I just tested the new version of VLC no. 1.1.0 and it seems like WMDR is not compatibile with the latest version of VLC. So if you want to use WMDR, please ensure to use VLC 1.0.5 or earlier until I have resolved this issue.

Change-log: nothing so I am leaving old change-log here below:

This version is more like a Service-Release fixing some bugs and introducing few new features:

-fixed issue when using WMDR with Enigma2 outside your LocalLAN where WMDR passed on a DynDNS-address to the Dreambox instead of LocalIP-address which is the correct way. Thanks to mkbm for finding this bug.
-fixed streaming-issue in Enigma2 when changing between channels located on different transpoders would cause problems. Thanks to mkbm for explaining this.
-improved error-handling (clearer messages). Still to be improved further.
-possibility to kill stream when exiting WMDR
-other minor bug-fixes
-some optimization
-added a program-icon (it's very basic - if you can come up with a better-looking icon, please do so and post it here in the thread)
-fixed issue with DM8000

To see WMDR in action (using a pre-release of Beta 0.7), watch this video posted by XDA-user ajocius on YouTube:

Background: After on-going discussions in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=616353 regarding an application to control remotely the Dreambox, I decided to write an application to accomplish this request.

In above thread, a very simple and crude beta-application was posted. Now, the application has evolved further and therefore I reckoned it was more appropriate to open a new thread in this area which is meant for Window Mobile applications.

Extra Information: The Dreambox is a series of Linux-powered DVB satellite, terrestrial and cable digital television receivers (set-top box), produced by German multimedia vendor Dream Multimedia. It's "kind of" of open-source which has led many "teams" to develop so called "images" for this receiver as an alternative to the original one furnished by Dream Multimedia. In addition, many other hardware manufactures have produced their own receivers (some of them are actually clones while others are not) using the same concept of the Dreambox i.e. Linux-powered. The Dreambox has evolved during the years and many models are present on the market. The first ones are/were using a firmware called "Enigma" but, more or less, with the introduction of High Definition TV, a new firmware was released, namely "Enigma2". One of the "revolutionary" features of the Dreambox was that you can connect it to your local network and this opened up a whole new word compared to ordinary satellite-receivers. To get further information, just google for Dreambox or look it up at Wikipedia.

Background for the application: You can read the original thread mentioned above to get an idea why people wanted an application like the one I am releasing. In a few words: since you can access the Dreambox (or any other satellite-receiver based on Enigma or Enigma2) through your local network or through Internet, there are many things you can do remotely (at work for instance) such as handling timer-events, read EPG etc. The ideal way of doing it, especially if you don't have access to a PC, is to use a handheld device. It was brought to our attention, that there are plenty of applications to do what mentioned above already available for download on the Appstore for iPhone.

for instance:

http://appspace.com/apps/view/38502/idreamremote/
http://appspace.com/apps/view/40338/dreamon/

So, it was suggested to write a similar application for Windows Mobile. And here it is, still in beta although with quite a lot of features implemented, even Streaming-support.

Current Features:

-Streaming
-Remote Control
-Bouquets-/Channels-lists from where you can:
1) change channel
2) view EPG
3) set timers
-Controlling the receiver (Shutdown, Reboot etc)
-Supports set-up of multiple profiles (e.g. At work, home, bedroom)
-Supports set-up of multiple streaming-profiles (Local LAN, WLAN, mobile)

Known issues:
-is not compatible yet with old WebIf (1st generation) of Enigma2
-there might be some problems with certain characters not appearing correctly (please report if you have this problem)
-in 320x240 version when setting up Enigma-profiles, you might need to click twice in the various textboxes.

Features to implement in upcoming versions (not necessarily in this order):

- SMS (Send shortmessages to the TV-Screen)
- improve error handling further
- other ideas/stuff
- user-suggestions (your feedback for improvements)
- re-design the remote-control using png-images instead of jpg which should make the application a bit smaller (and require less memory)
- resolving above mentioned issues
- other bug-fixes
- support for other receivers - requests I have received are for D-box2 and IPBox HD (non Enigma)
- cosmetic issues
- Https (SSL) support. (tested and working but needs a specific hotfix-version of CF.NET (published by Microsoft) due to a bug in CF.NET)

Requirements:
-Compact Net Framework (2.0 should be sufficient)
-an Enigma-based receiver such as the Dreambox, IPBox etc..
-for streaming, please see second post below

Installation:

Note: I have not made any CAB-file.
Note2: If you want to keep your old settings and streaming-profiles, you may do so. Just replace the old WMDreamRemote.exe with the new one.

1) download the zip-file attached to this post and extract the files on your computer.
2) Copy the files into a directory of your choice on your device (internal or
storage). The files must be in the same directory.
3) Run WMDreamRemote.exe. The first time, you will get a message
saying "No connection....".
4) Choose Preferences/Profiles from the main-screen and ADD a new
profile inserting your data. Put the flag on default for the profile you use the most.
5) Then click Save Profile.
6) Go ahead if you wish to add other profiles.
7) You may delete my dummy-profile "home" (only after having added your own though) using
the Del-button. NOTE: It's important that there is always one profile present (with Default selected)
otherwise there might be unexpected errors
8) On the main-screen, you can now use the remote-control by selecting its button
9) You may also see a bouquet/channel list by clicking on its button. However, the first time the list will be empty. Therefore,
10). Go back to Preferences/Profiles and select the profile you want to use. Now select the
button named "Create Bouquets for this profile". This will take a minute or two. It will download
your bouquets and channels from your Dreambox. Do the same for each Profile you create.
11) Now you can scroll your bouquets ad channels.
12) Set up streaming-profiles (3 dummy profiles are provided for Local-LAN, WLAN and mobile) - see second post for more information

There might be some unhandled error-messages occasionally. They are mostly due to connection-problems. Just click on continue and retry unless you have indeed a permanent error with your connection.

Please test it and let me have your error-reports, feedback and suggestions for improvements. Please also indicate which device, Dreambox (or similar receiver) you are using and which image.

I must also express my sincerest thanks to XDA-user ajocius for:
-giving me access to Enigma2,
-his superb beta-testing,
-sharing his knowledge about streaming
-and of course for the great video he posted on YouTube (see above).

I have also attached some screenshots.

PS: ANDROID - Just a note to tell you that I posted here on XDA an Android-application for watching your Dreambox in streaming (LocalLAN and 3G). I called the application AndroidDreamer and you can find the thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=861145

If you want to test and discuss AndroidDreamer, head over to the thread. Please keep this thread for WMDR.

PS2: WINDOWS - I have published a Windows-version (WinDreamRemote or simply WinDR). You can find it on my web-site: http://www.tillekesoft.com
For discussions regarding WinDR, please use the thread mentioned on my web-site. This thread here at XDA is for WMDR - mobile version. Please respect this.

This is it for the time being.

Attachments

• WMDR_collage.jpg
    WMDR_collage.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 7,229
  • Guide_WMDR.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 2,045
Last edited:
Reactions: wuerthy

tilleke

May 9, 2008
STREAMING

Streaming works great for me, especially at home (in my Local LAN) but also at work (using WIFI) and even at the supermarket using a mobile-connection (3G) although the quality degrades.
For you, I don't know - Streaming may work, may work so and so or may not work at all.

It depends on a lot of factors:

-For Local-LAN: your WIFI set-up at home (11g, 54g etc)
-For WLAN or mobile: upload/download speed of your Broadband (normally upload-speeds are slower than download-speeds (ADSL)
-Your device
-Your computer acting as VLC-server
-not finding the right configuration in stream-profiles settings
-etc

What you need:

1) VLC (Videolan). Just Google for it and install it on your computer which will act as the VLC-server. I have only tested streaming using VLC running on Windows but it should work on VLC-servers using Linux and MAC as well. If it doesn't, please let me know. I have only tested version 1.0.5 of VLC so I am unable to say if previous versions will work.

UPDATE (22/06/2010) - I just tested the new version of VLC no. 1.1.0 and it seems like WinDR is not compatibile with the latest version of VLC. So if you want to use WinDR, please ensure to use VLC 1.0.5 or earlier until I have resolved this issue.

2) TCPMP (free and which you can find here on XDA) or Coreplayer (not free). Make sure that ASX-files are opened by the program you installed (look in the programs' settings for file-association). Some say that TCPMP is faster to load the stream (5-6 seconds in my Local-LAN) than Coreplayer. On the other hand, some say that Coreplayer is more fluid. The choice is yours.

3) A rather modern and fast device. It might work with slower devices as well but you may have to play a lot with your VLC-configuration (bitrate etc) before you get it to work

4) and of course WMDR

How to set up everything:

1) install VLC on your computer which will act as the VLC (streaming) -server. Then under the menu, select "View" in the English version (not sure since I have it in Italian) and then select "Add Interface" and finally you select "Add Telnet-interface". If you haven't changed anything, the default password for Telnet is admin and the port in use is 4212. That's it. VLC must be running to get streaming working. There are options to install VLC as a Windows Service or you can create a bat-file to be executed upon launch of your VLC-server. I guess similar options are availabe on Linux and MAC as well.

2) if you are going to use streaming outside your Local-LAN, you must ensure that you have set up port-forwarding correctly in your router. You must ensure that the WebIf can be accessed. You must ensure also that port 4212 (for Telnet) is opened and forwarded to the VLC-server. The same goes also for the streaming-port on the VLC-server which TCPMP/Coreplayer needs to access to receive the stream. So, basically you need to set up port-forwarding for one port for accessing the WebIf of your Dreambox and two ports for accessing your VLC-server.

3) A typical VLC-command to get streaming going is as follows:

Code:
vlc.exe" -vvv [url]http://192.168.1.130:31339/0,0025,0384,0385,0295[/url] --sout #transcode{vcodec=MP4V,vb=384,scale=0,5,acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=1,deinterlace}:Duplicate{dst=std{access=HTTP,mux=ASF,dst=192.168.1.12:8085}}

Here are some explanations:
- the part "vlc.exe" is handled by WMDR using Telnet. You don't need to anything except for filling in information regarding the IP-address of your VLC-server, its password and which port to use.

- the part
Code:
"http://192.168.1.130:31339/0,0025,0384,0385,0295"
is your dreambox-ip, the port used for streaming and some channel-parameters. These parameters are handled automatically by WMDR and do not require your attention

- the part
Code:
"#transcode{vcodec=MP4V,vb=384,scale=0,5,acodec=mp3,ab=64,channels=1,deinterlace}:Duplicate{dst=std{access=HTTP,mux=ASF,dst="
is the one you have to insert in WMDR and which you need to experiment with to get the best picture/quality/fluidity according to your connection-speed. WMDR is pre-installed with 3 examples which are working on my HD2, my WIFI (using 54g) and my ADSL with an upload speed of 512kb. You can use those as an example and then modify them according to your needs.

- the part "192.168.1.12:8085" is the IP of your VLC-server and the port which TCPMP/Coreplayer should connect to in order to get the stream. You fill in this information in the stream-profiles.

With this information, you can set up your streaming-profiles in WMDR. In the streaming-profiles, you will find an additional setting called "VLC Sleep Delay". You can leave it at 200ms as its default-value. This parameter is used by WMDR when "talking to" VLC via Telnet. If the connection is very slow, you can increase this value but normally, even on Mobile-connections, the value of 200ms is OK.

Above information should get you going.

If you have problems with streaming, look at the points mentioned above since it is unlikely due to WMDR itself and that I can do anything to resolve your problems.

Good luck!

TIPS AND TRICKS:

-To make TCPMP open up automatically in full screen mode, you can do the following registry-edit:

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TCPMP\PLAY
DWORD 123
Change value from 0 to 1

-For associating the file-extension ASX with TCPMP, do as follows: In TCPMP it is under:

Options -> Settings (you need to scroll down to see that option) - > Click button "Select Page" - > File Associacions

-As far as I have understood, TCPMP has been discontinued but there are some people updating it from time to time. If you have problems viewing the stream, it may (perhaps) be because you are using an old version of TCPMP. Here are two links to TCPMP which I have found working on my HD2:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5657963&postcount=1

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5685536&postcount=1

TROUBLESHOOTING

- If you get errors in TCPMP (unknown file format, crashes) or if you don't see anything at all, you can try the following to trace where the error originates:
Select Stream in WMDR and if you get an error message from TCPMP, just disregard the error and put your device on the table or wherever. Don't click on anything. Don't kill the stream. Now, in the folder of WMDR on the device, you should find a file called WMDR.asx. Copy this file to your desktop (on a PC). Go to your PC and right-click on WMDR.asx and choose "open with" and select VLC (it will open another session of VLC). If you now can see the stream from your Dreambox on your computer-screen, then it means that WMDR comunicates correctly with VLC and most likely there is a problem with TCPMP/Coreplayer or because the file is too large/complex to be seen on the device. If you don't see anything, then probably there is a communication-problem between WMDR and VLC. Check IP-address, Port and Password of VLC.

- Make sure that streaming actually works between your Dreambox and VLC (without using WMDR) and that you can watch the streams on your computer. You can test this by using the web-interface of your Dreambox or you can search internet for instructions. If you have problems (can't see anything at all, bad quality, buffering-problems etc), then the problem itself lies with the source and there is no way streaming will work in a satisfying way. For instance, it has been reported that cheap (clones of) DM500 might have problems with streaming.

Last edited:

trickbiker121

Jan 21, 2010
St.Louis
is this like a remote control app for any settop boxes and tv's that uses ir port or is it limited to the Dreambox?

Last edited:

tilleke

May 9, 2008
Sorry - it's not using an ir port.

The application controls the receiver through the receiver's web-interface or through telnet.

However, the application could probably be used with (and modified to support) other types of receivers as long as there is a way to communicate with the receiver via local network, wifi, data-connections or Internet. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

is this like a remote control app for any setop boxes and tv's that uses ir port or is it limited to the Dreambox?

Last edited:

trickbiker121

Jan 21, 2010
St.Louis
Sorry - it's not using an ir port.

The application controls the receiver through the receiver's web-interface or through telnet.

However, the application could probably be used with (and modified to support) other types of receivers as long as there is a way to communicate with the receiver via local network, wifi, data-connections or Internet. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

sorry this isnt the app that i thought it was sorry to bother you

Last edited:

citychannel

May 11, 2009
Hi Tilleke

Very nice looking release. I'm really happy with it!
i have tested it and here are my results:

Main screen > remote controle > page 2 > the numbers are not working here.
Main screen > preferences > Create bouguets > This option crashed my dreambox with a blue screen :) like windows always do...

Remember this is NOT a comment, this is only to help you with this great app!

Great Job, keep going... and i will be waiting till next release.

tilleke

May 9, 2008
Thanks for testing and posting your results.

Can you please let me know which receiver you have and which image you are running. And on which device did you test it?

Will check this better.

Main screen > remote controle > page 2 > the numbers are not working here..

When creating the bouquets, did you follow the procedure written in the first post? I am saying this since that part is not fool-proof yet. Did you reach the point when a message appears indicating "Update ready" or did it crash before. BTW: I have never seen a crashed dreambox with a blue screen :) I'd love to able to reproduce that error :)

Main screen > preferences > Create bouguets > This option crashed my dreambox with a blue screen :) like windows always do.....

Thanks!!

Remember this is NOT a comment, this is only to help you with this great app!

Great Job, keep going... and i will be waiting till next release.

citychannel

May 11, 2009
Hi there

1) I have a dreambox 7025 with enigma on it
2) i didn't saw ' update ready' the DM crashed 4 seonds after i pressed the 'Create Bouquets for this profile'

A new 'bug' i found is the time out bug. This error appears randomly after zapping between channels or using the volume buttons.

Good luck and thanks!

tilleke

May 9, 2008
thanks for your report.

1) OK, you've got DM7025 and running Enigma(1). Are you using the original image or have you flashed another image such as Gemini, Nabilo...If yes, which one?

2) Can you access the WebIf of the DM7025 using your local network and using a normal web-browser? In your browser, you should use:

Code:
http://ip-address of DM7025:port

it should then ask you for a user-name and password, normally root and dreambox.

example:
Code:
http://192.168.0.83:8888
If you are using the standard port (80), it could also be:
Code:
http://192.168.0.83

When you are connected to the WebIf and clicking on ZAP, can you see your bouquets and channels?

3) The time-out bug: What message do you get. Can you please transcribe it? Does this happen when you are connected using WIFI or when you are connected using the data-connection of your phone-provider?

4) what device are you using?

Sorry, but I need above information otherwise I really don't see how to track down the errors you mentioned since I can't reproduce them on my system/device.

PS: I confirm that the numbers on the 2nd screen don't work. I forgot to enable a few lines in my code. Will be corrected in next version. Thanks for finding out.

Hi there

1) I have a dreambox 7025 with enigma on it
2) i didn't saw ' update ready' the DM crashed 4 seonds after i pressed the 'Create Bouquets for this profile'

A new 'bug' i found is the time out bug. This error appears randomly after zapping between channels or using the volume buttons.

Good luck and thanks!

Bib_x

Oct 10, 2007
Hi, working on my hd2 with dreambox 7000 S (gemini 4.6).

But one issue: The programm can´t display the german letters ä, ö and ü (in programm-list and bouquets)

tilleke

May 9, 2008
Glad it works.

Thanks for reporting the problem with the German letters. This probably means it would be a problem with other characters as well. I will check this issue and see if I can correct it in next release.

Hi, working on my hd2 with dreambox 7000 S (gemini 4.6).

But one issue: The programm can´t display the german letters ä, ö and ü (in programm-list and bouquets)

citychannel

May 11, 2009
Hi Tilleke,

1) Im running Enigma with Gemini on it
2) Yes i’m using Webif and i can zap normally without lag or error (192.168.1.12), so port 80
3) I am using a WIFI connection and after 2 or 3 times pressing downwards in bouquets it comes with this error:

An error occurred on sub_modcommon_executeurl

Response code -1
Timeout
Continue?

4) i am using a HTC TD2 with WM6,1 pro

Thanks in advance

Bib_x

Oct 10, 2007
The num pad on second screen isn´t working. Only the buttons on bottom (tv, radio, text, help) are working.

tilleke

May 9, 2008
Thx for the information. This will facilitate tracking down the error and how to resolve it.

Hi Tilleke,

1) Im running Enigma with Gemini on it
2) Yes i’m using Webif and i can zap normally without lag or error (192.168.1.12), so port 80
3) I am using a WIFI connection and after 2 or 3 times pressing downwards in bouquets it comes with this error:

An error occurred on sub_modcommon_executeurl

Response code -1
Timeout
Continue?

4) i am using a HTC TD2 with WM6,1 pro

Thanks in advance

^^MeX^^

Apr 20, 2008
Thanks for your work
im a db fanatic and currently working on e2 image let me know if you need any help.
One small request:
Would be possible in future release to add a DyNdnS address facility ?

tilleke

May 9, 2008
It already works...

I have a profile called "away" which I use to set timer-events when I am not at home. Set up a new profile and in the IP-address-field, just write your DynDNS-address and in the Port-field the port you are using.

You might, of course, need to enable portforwarding in your router-settings.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your work
im a db fanatic and currently working on e2 image let me know if you need any help.
One small request:
Would be possible in future release to add a DyNdnS address facility ?

Bib_x

Oct 10, 2007
A little bit offtopic:

Do you know which ports i have to forward in my router if i want to stream my dreambox-tv-program over internet with vlc?

Streaming in LAN works well, but i want to watch TV outside my home, too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WMDreamRemote (WMDR) - with streaming

UPDATE (22/04/2012): No more deadlines. The reason is that I am busy with other projects. I might implement other features in future. You can download from my web-site, http://www.tillekesoft.com. There you can find as usual two versions. One version is for devices using 320x240 but it should work fine also with devices having a resolution of 640x480. For all other resolutions, please use the other one. For existing users, you just need to replace the old executable with the new one.

06/10/2010 - I have attached a "step-by-step"-guide for setting up WMDR - in particular what regards streaming (it is in English but you can use Google Translation-tools to translate it to another language). Hopefully, this will make it easier for new users to get WMDR working.

IMPORTANT (22/06/2010) - I just tested the new version of VLC no. 1.1.0 and it seems like WMDR is not compatibile with the latest version of VLC. So if you want to use WMDR, please ensure to use VLC 1.0.5 or earlier until I have resolved this issue.

Change-log: nothing so I am leaving old change-log here below:

This version is more like a Service-Release fixing some bugs and introducing few new features:

-fixed issue when using WMDR with Enigma2 outside your LocalLAN where WMDR passed on a DynDNS-address to the Dreambox instead of LocalIP-address which is the correct way. Thanks to mkbm for finding this bug.
    -fixed streaming-issue in Enigma2 when changing between channels located on different transpoders would cause problems. Thanks to mkbm for explaining this.
    -improved error-handling (clearer messages). Still to be improved further.
    -possibility to kill stream when exiting WMDR
    -other minor bug-fixes
    -some optimization
    -added a program-icon (it's very basic - if you can come up with a better-looking icon, please do so and post it here in the thread)
    -fixed issue with DM8000

To see WMDR in action (using a pre-release of Beta 0.7), watch this video posted by XDA-user ajocius on YouTube:

Background: After on-going discussions in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=616353 regarding an application to control remotely the Dreambox, I decided to write an application to accomplish this request.

In above thread, a very simple and crude beta-application was posted. Now, the application has evolved further and therefore I reckoned it was more appropriate to open a new thread in this area which is meant for Window Mobile applications.

Extra Information: The Dreambox is a series of Linux-powered DVB satellite, terrestrial and cable digital television receivers (set-top box), produced by German multimedia vendor Dream Multimedia. It's "kind of" of open-source which has led many "teams" to develop so called "images" for this receiver as an alternative to the original one furnished by Dream Multimedia. In addition, many other hardware manufactures have produced their own receivers (some of them are actually clones while others are not) using the same concept of the Dreambox i.e. Linux-powered. The Dreambox has evolved during the years and many models are present on the market. The first ones are/were using a firmware called "Enigma" but, more or less, with the introduction of High Definition TV, a new firmware was released, namely "Enigma2". One of the "revolutionary" features of the Dreambox was that you can connect it to your local network and this opened up a whole new word compared to ordinary satellite-receivers. To get further information, just google for Dreambox or look it up at Wikipedia.

Background for the application: You can read the original thread mentioned above to get an idea why people wanted an application like the one I am releasing. In a few words: since you can access the Dreambox (or any other satellite-receiver based on Enigma or Enigma2) through your local network or through Internet, there are many things you can do remotely (at work for instance) such as handling timer-events, read EPG etc. The ideal way of doing it, especially if you don't have access to a PC, is to use a handheld device. It was brought to our attention, that there are plenty of applications to do what mentioned above already available for download on the Appstore for iPhone.

for instance:

http://appspace.com/apps/view/38502/idreamremote/
    http://appspace.com/apps/view/40338/dreamon/

So, it was suggested to write a similar application for Windows Mobile. And here it is, still in beta although with quite a lot of features implemented, even Streaming-support.

Current Features:

-Streaming
    -Remote Control
    -Bouquets-/Channels-lists from where you can:
    1) change channel
    2) view EPG
    3) set timers
    -Controlling the receiver (Shutdown, Reboot etc)
    -Supports set-up of multiple profiles (e.g. At work, home, bedroom)
    -Supports set-up of multiple streaming-profiles (Local LAN, WLAN, mobile)

Known issues:
    -is not compatible yet with old WebIf (1st generation) of Enigma2
    -there might be some problems with certain characters not appearing correctly (please report if you have this problem)
    -in 320x240 version when setting up Enigma-profiles, you might need to click twice in the various textboxes.

Features to implement in upcoming versions (not necessarily in this order):

- SMS (Send shortmessages to the TV-Screen)
    - improve error handling further
    - other ideas/stuff
    - user-suggestions (your feedback for improvements)
    - re-design the remote-control using png-images instead of jpg which should make the application a bit smaller (and require less memory)
    - resolving above mentioned issues
    - other bug-fixes
    - support for other receivers - requests I have received are for D-box2 and IPBox HD (non Enigma)
    - cosmetic issues
    - Https (SSL) support. (tested and working but needs a specific hotfix-version of CF.NET (published by Microsoft) due to a bug in CF.NET)

Requirements:
    -Compact Net Framework (2.0 should be sufficient)
    -an Enigma-based receiver such as the Dreambox, IPBox etc..
    -for streaming, please see second post below

Installation:

Note: I have not made any CAB-file.
    Note2: If you want to keep your old settings and streaming-profiles, you may do so. Just replace the old WMDreamRemote.exe with the new one.

1) download the zip-file attached to this post and extract the files on your computer.
    2) Copy the files into a directory of your choice on your device (internal or
    storage). The files must be in the same directory.
    3) Run WMDreamRemote.exe. The first time, you will get a message
    saying "No connection....".
    4) Choose Preferences/Profiles from the main-screen and ADD a new
    profile inserting your data. Put the flag on default for the profile you use the most.
    5) Then click Save Profile.
    6) Go ahead if you wish to add other profiles.
    7) You may delete my dummy-profile "home" (only after having added your own though) using
    the Del-button. NOTE: It's important that there is always one profile present (with Default selected)
    otherwise there might be unexpected errors
    8) On the main-screen, you can now use the remote-control by selecting its button
    9) You may also see a bouquet/channel list by clicking on its button. However, the first time the list will be empty. Therefore,
    10). Go back to Preferences/Profiles and select the profile you want to use. Now select the
    button named "Create Bouquets for this profile". This will take a minute or two. It will download
    your bouquets and channels from your Dreambox. Do the same for each Profile you create.
    11) Now you can scroll your bouquets ad channels.
    12) Set up streaming-profiles (3 dummy profiles are provided for Local-LAN, WLAN and mobile) - see second post for more information

There might be some unhandled error-messages occasionally. They are mostly due to connection-problems. Just click on continue and retry unless you have indeed a permanent error with your connection.

Please test it and let me have your error-reports, feedback and suggestions for improvements. Please also indicate which device, Dreambox (or similar receiver) you are using and which image.

I must also express my sincerest thanks to XDA-user ajocius for:
    -giving me access to Enigma2,
    -his superb beta-testing,
    -sharing his knowledge about streaming
    -and of course for the great video he posted on YouTube (see above).

I have also attached some screenshots.

PS: ANDROID - Just a note to tell you that I posted here on XDA an Android-application for watching your Dreambox in streaming (LocalLAN and 3G). I called the application AndroidDreamer and you can find the thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=861145

If you want to test and discuss AndroidDreamer, head over to the thread. Please keep this thread for WMDR.

PS2: WINDOWS - I have published a Windows-version (WinDreamRemote or simply WinDR). You can find it on my web-site: http://www.tillekesoft.com
    For discussions regarding WinDR, please use the thread mentioned on my web-site. This thread here at XDA is for WMDR - mobile version. Please respect this.

This is it for the time being.
    Hi,

You're welcome.

I know that there are still issues to fix such as the settings for box-profiles and others. That's why it is still a beta. However, I noted that you managed to sort it out yourself by working directly on the setting-file.

When I release the final version, it will probably be in CAB-format.

What regards streaming without VLC (transcoding-server), TCPMP, Coreplayer and similar applications do not cope with the stream from the box (ratio 1:1) and that's why we still need VLC for Windows Mobile, even within Local LAN. For instance, for Android there is a great application called vPlayer which permits streaming without VLC, at least in Local LAN, but I doubt it will be ported to Windows Mobile.

The time-bomb is still there and will until I have released the final version. This project has been put a bit on hold until I have finished the basic stuff in my similar Android-application (see signature) but hopefully I will find some time later on. I have plenty of things/ideas I still would like to implement.

i just wanted to say thank you and keep up the good work. this app could still need some improvements. unfortunately i came too late to vote ;)
    btw. i am using it with a htc touch hd and a kathrein ufs910 running enigma2 (AAF hsv2 fullusb).
    by default, the program would not save my profile. i deleted the presets and created a new one named Kathi, with my settings, set it as default and repeatedly clicked on SAVE. but whenever i would quit the program and reopen it, the profile was empty except for the port 80 setting. i then had to open the settings file on my blackstone and set
    Selected:true and save the file. now it always boots up and immediately has the correct settings. i wonder, why it didn't do it by default.
    also: are you planning to release it as a cab? it would be much more comfortable that way. however, that would probably require an export/backup feature, that creates one file with settings, profiles and bouquets.
    streaming without the need for a running pc would be nice. htc streaming media, tcpmp or coreplayer should cover basic streaming protocols that could be worked into this.
    seeing that the newest version is still time bombed, you are probably still working on tweaking and improving the app.
    Glad to hear although I am surprised that such an old version of VLC is working. Which version were you trying before (the one which gave you problems)?

Your previous problems were most likely due to the fact that WMDR could not comunicate properly with VLC.

Hmm.. issues solved by using vlc 0.86i
    OK, now I understand.

Version 1.15 is not supported (fails often due to some security-measures they introduced from version 1.06 and onwards) - if you would have read carefully the first post in this thread or the guide I posted, you would have seen that I wrote to use VLC version 1.05 or earlier. You would have saved yourself some hours of frustration :D

Unfortunately for Windows Mobile using TCPMP or Coreplayer, it is not possible to get the stream directly by bypassing a transcoding-server like VLC. I have fiddled and tried but in vain. If someone comes up with a solution, please let me know and I will introduce support in WMDR.

You can buy me a beer when WMDR is final if you wish :) Thanks anyway.

Before I used v 1.1.5

With that version I could not get vlc to accept connections from random ip's. With the command line i have used above it was at least runing and now with 0.8 it works like a charm.

From 50% cpu usage I came down to 15% (laptop).

Multieogview would be perfect and something you should consider. :)

Last but not least.. create an Paypal account. It will not be much but at least for a coffee ;)

Really like the tool much.

BTW. Is is possible to stream directly without vlc? You have mentioned something for android, if I am not wrong.
    ok, try this.

Select a channel and click on Stream. When you get the error-message in Coreplayer, just put down your device and go to your PC which is running VLC. Enable "Messages" (under tools I believe). Then change channel in WMDR, click on Stream again and then have a look at the messages (logs) produced in VLC and see if you can see any error-messages. You might need to set Verbosity Level to 2 to see something useful.

Other test, same procedure (select channel then click on Stream). On your VLC-server, open another session of VLC and press [ctrl]+N on your keyboard. In the address-field, write:

example: my VLC-server is 192.168.1.82 and the port I'm using is 8085 so I write:

then click on Play in the same window.

If it works, then you should see the stream from your dreambox. Does it work?

Hi,

Firewall is off, port forwarding on router is installed.
    8585 und 4212 to PC with VLC running (Inteface Telnet)
    Port 80 to Dreambox.

regards, Tom