attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

With installed ADW Launcher EX:

attachment.php
attachment.php

This build is for Viewsonic Viewpad 7. I’ve made this build mainly because I had one big problem with stock one – it was offering little space for my apps. I've used this opportunity to add extra features and remove some annoying ones. Here is the list of changes:

• based on latest official stock Viewpad 7 firmware Android 2.2.2
  • added Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 functionality (require that you have extra partition on your SD card for storing your apps; exact procedure to create one is described in installation procedure)
  • fully deodexed and zipalligned ROM
  • ROM is rooted (Superuser.apk + su)
  • installed BusyBox with support for init.d scripts
  • replaced "Welcome" boot animation with stock android 2.2 animation
  • installed Gingerbread keyboard
  • installed Morelocale2 for more languages
  • modified framework-res.apk and services.jar with Gingerbread look like + % battery
  • removed Aldiko,RSS, TouchPAL_M20
  • updated gapps to newest version (Gmail, GoogleQuickSearchBox, Maps, Market, VoiceSearch) & YouTube
  • modified host file for ad-free
Now you don’t have to worry about decreasing internal storage when you install more application. You don’t also lose access to application when you phone is connected in drive mode to computer, because application data is being hold on ext3 partition on SD card. That partition isn’t mounted when your phone is connected to computer. The things that are redirected to this partition are: /data/app, /data/app-private and /data/dalvik-cache. Firmware should also work with compatible devices such as: Cherry Mobile Superion, Commtiva Linx N700, Olivepad VT-100, Spice MI700, and Camangi FM600 but I don't have these devices, so I cannot verify. As always make a backup before installing any custom firmwares.

Requirements:

Changelog:
V1.0
  • initial release

Installation:
  1. Power down your device.
  2. Power on device holding power button and both volume keys simultaneously.
  3. Upon power up you will see the birds logo and 'enter recovery' text in the top left corner of the screen.
  4. Use the volume keys to step through the menu, power to select and back. (there is bug in clockwork when you press volume keys it jumps 2 steps; to jump one step press and hold volume and then press power to select)
  5. Select the "advanced->Partition SD Card" item, next select size for your Apps2SD partition (1024MB recommended), next select 0 as size of swap partition. (Remember that this will delete all data on your SD card, so make backup of SD card if you need !!!)
  6. After the partitioning will be done select the "reboot system now" item.
  7. Using USB cable connection or SD card reader copy CleanViewpad7_signed_v1.0.zip to root folder of SD card.
  8. Power down your device.
  9. Power on device holding power button and both volume keys simultaneously.
  10. Select the "backup and restore->Backup" item to make a backup of the current firmware in case something goes wrong. The backed up ROM should be located in: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/date&time/
  11. Select the "wipe data/factory reset->Yes – delete all user data” to clear old stuff.
  12. Select the "install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard" item and select CleanViewpad7_signed_v1.0.zip.
  13. After flashing will be done select the "reboot system now" item. First boot may take a few minutes.

Migrate from stock or another build:
  1. Make backup of your phone using Titanium Backup (select all user applications).
  2. Copy all files and folders from SD card to local folder on your computer.
  3. Install Clockwork Recovery Partition, create partition on SD card and install ROM as described in installation guide.
  4. Copy all files and folders from local folder on your computer back to SD card.
  5. Restore applications using Titanium Backup and reboot your phone.

Download:

Credits to:
  • Darktremor
  • hucqim80
  • dsixda
  • mendozinas
  • -Mr. X-

If you like my work please consider donating:

Thanks everyone for donations.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 29,514
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 28,635
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 28,506
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 28,448
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 29,086
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 28,279
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 28,382

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
hi
thanks i have downloaded this from ur tablet rom post
thanks a mill this is exactly what i want will use the same give u a feedback on the same
thanks
hari

Reactions: indyend

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
works on Olivepad VT-100

hi
this is FYI for Olivepad VT-100 users
i have Flashed this ROM and works for Olivepad VT-100
thanks for this nice rom ill give a feed back latter as i have just installed the same

Feedback
not sure if the apps are getting installed on the SD the first time i installed the ROM i did a data/factory reset
installed the rom and i had only 118MB phone storage(i have the ext partition done before stating the process)
ok then i re in stalled rom again and i still see 118 MB so i tried installed skype its a 7MB file but still i see 1MB used on the phone
not confy with titanium and i have a similar rom installed on my samsung galaxy 3
on that all i do is install the new rom without any wipe and the same works
kindly advise on the same as i really would like the apps2SD working

thanks
hari

Last edited:

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Nice work bro.although it would be better to use the latest a2sd version of darktremor(2.7.5.3)
which supports ext4 partition and data2sd feature.so instead of adding a2sd 2.7.5.2 you can provide a link to the flashable zip of the latest DT-a2sd (http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed.zip). it works i have tested it.
hi
i installed this attachment on ur ROM via CWM and bang i got 154MB free on phone Storage and i can see than all installed app are on my SD so i would like to confirm that this works

one small request im more confy with the Touchpad keyboard i did try installing the one i had of the original rom its getting installed but im not getting an option to use it i think because ur apps are deodexed and the official on coming on stok rom is only odexed can any one help on this pls
but thanks now i got exactly what i want:D:D
hari

joethc

Apr 21, 2007
I have had huge issues getting this to flash properly, keep getting to the 3 birds and no further...followed your steps exactly...1gb ext part thru cwm and wiped everything...would flashing from another custom rom affect this ? should i try from stock maybe?

Last edited:

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
I have had huge issues getting this to flash properly, keep getting to the 3 birds and no further...followed your steps exactly...1gb ext part thru cwm and wiped everything...would flashing from another custom rom affect this ? should i try from stock maybe?
hi
i flashed from stock ROM
try flashing from stock rom it should work :D

joethc

Apr 21, 2007
flashed back to stock, rooted, flashed cwm through adb shell, reboot to recovery, wipe data /factory reset...install cleanviewpad7 signed zip and it still sticks at the 3 birds gets no further after waiting 10mins one time and 20 the next....any other ideas? I dont know why this is not working for me...I can flash other roms no problem using sut or cwm.....it seems to be flashing the file really fast ...open to anything i really want to get this going :D

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
hi buddy
i tried to help with what ever limited knowledge i had based on my experience
sorry im not a techie i just go by the instructions given and do it
even yesterday i flashed another rom and re flashed this one everything went well for me:)
so sorry i think on one of the developer can help u as i dont seem to understand why u are having this problem sorry im not able to help u:(:(

flashed back to stock, rooted, flashed cwm through adb shell, reboot to recovery, wipe data /factory reset...install cleanviewpad7 signed zip and it still sticks at the 3 birds gets no further after waiting 10mins one time and 20 the next....any other ideas? I dont know why this is not working for me...I can flash other roms no problem using sut or cwm.....it seems to be flashing the file really fast ...open to anything i really want to get this going :D

mb-14

Nov 21, 2010
Pune

Remember to wipe your data,cache as well as dalvik cache before flashing the rom.

joethc

Apr 21, 2007
I still can not get this going I have tried a billion different things..wiped everything stock, still no luck. The only other time I have had this issue is an incomplete upload but if everyone else has it working from this specific upload i dont know what to say ...ill keep trying and hopefully get it soon :D Thanks everyone for the quick responses!!!!! Is there a way to get this packaged to flash with sut l3?

cyko

Jul 27, 2007
Dongguan
I followed the directions in the first post and then downloaded the file from post#2.

Once you have the file from post #2 on your SD card, rename it to update.zip and then boot your device into Clockwork Recovery and select the "update from zip" option. Rebooted and my device now has 167MB of available space on the internal phone storage.

Thanks guys... this is the way the device should have shipped from Viewsonic, and although it aint no Gingerbread, I'm finally happy with my Viewpad after several months if dissapointment.

:)

One thing that I find to be very strange is that it appears that some data is saved somewhere?

Even after I performed the following:

Formatting the SD Card
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache partition
Wipe dalvik cache
Load the new ROM

Did not log into any kind of google account and basically skipped all the setup options.

The device still shows all the wireless hotspot data that I logged into before. Why does it have the password for my WiFi router after all those steps were performed.

If I were to sell the device to someone else, is there any way to be sure ALL data has been cleared from the device?

Cheers!

Last edited:

Infernoken

Apr 30, 2010
Great work, good to see another ROM for the Viewpad!!!
Will for sure try it...

A few questions:
You are using the a2sd version of darktremor(2.7.5.3), I personally use Link2SD which also moves all data, cache,... to the 2nd partition of the SD card...
It's actively developed and it's free, so check it out...

Is this ROM with the kernel from tj-style? Then we can overclock to 824Mhz and it gives a nice speed boost...
If then you do not want to use it for your ROM, you can set it to the stock speed with SetCPU...

Thanks,
Nick

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Since many people are requesting for TJstyle's oc'd kernel.I modified this ROM to add the kernel and some other stuff.
Here is the download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21654931/VPAD7_signed.zip

My quadrant score crossed the 1000 mark for the first time :)

Screenshot:

hi
thanks flashed this it works on a Olivepad
can u kindly give me the same with the touchpad keyboard as i was not able to install the same on the previous rom. haven't tried on ur rom will try and keep u posted. May be in future u could start a separate rom thread for ur roms:D
thanks for the nice rom like the battery indicator:D

joethc

Apr 21, 2007
Worked perfect here! I love the boot animation! This is exactly what i needed! many thanks to everyone here for helping out!

Nos0x

Apr 25, 2006
Staffs
Have installed this rom and the dark tremor update but my phone storage is still decreasing when I install apps. I have set up an ext 4 partition on my sd card.
:'(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CleanViewpad7 v1.0
    based on latest official stock Viewpad 7 firmware Android 2.2.2

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

With installed ADW Launcher EX:

attachment.php
    attachment.php

This build is for Viewsonic Viewpad 7. I’ve made this build mainly because I had one big problem with stock one – it was offering little space for my apps. I've used this opportunity to add extra features and remove some annoying ones. Here is the list of changes:

• based on latest official stock Viewpad 7 firmware Android 2.2.2
    • added Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 functionality (require that you have extra partition on your SD card for storing your apps; exact procedure to create one is described in installation procedure)
    • fully deodexed and zipalligned ROM
    • ROM is rooted (Superuser.apk + su)
    • installed BusyBox with support for init.d scripts
    • replaced "Welcome" boot animation with stock android 2.2 animation
    • installed Gingerbread keyboard
    • installed Morelocale2 for more languages
    • modified framework-res.apk and services.jar with Gingerbread look like + % battery
    • removed Aldiko,RSS, TouchPAL_M20
    • updated gapps to newest version (Gmail, GoogleQuickSearchBox, Maps, Market, VoiceSearch) & YouTube
    • modified host file for ad-free
    Now you don’t have to worry about decreasing internal storage when you install more application. You don’t also lose access to application when you phone is connected in drive mode to computer, because application data is being hold on ext3 partition on SD card. That partition isn’t mounted when your phone is connected to computer. The things that are redirected to this partition are: /data/app, /data/app-private and /data/dalvik-cache. Firmware should also work with compatible devices such as: Cherry Mobile Superion, Commtiva Linx N700, Olivepad VT-100, Spice MI700, and Camangi FM600 but I don't have these devices, so I cannot verify. As always make a backup before installing any custom firmwares.

Requirements:

Changelog:
    V1.0
    • initial release

Installation:
    1. Power down your device.
    2. Power on device holding power button and both volume keys simultaneously.
    3. Upon power up you will see the birds logo and 'enter recovery' text in the top left corner of the screen.
    4. Use the volume keys to step through the menu, power to select and back. (there is bug in clockwork when you press volume keys it jumps 2 steps; to jump one step press and hold volume and then press power to select)
    5. Select the "advanced->Partition SD Card" item, next select size for your Apps2SD partition (1024MB recommended), next select 0 as size of swap partition. (Remember that this will delete all data on your SD card, so make backup of SD card if you need !!!)
    6. After the partitioning will be done select the "reboot system now" item.
    7. Using USB cable connection or SD card reader copy CleanViewpad7_signed_v1.0.zip to root folder of SD card.
    8. Power down your device.
    9. Power on device holding power button and both volume keys simultaneously.
    10. Select the "backup and restore->Backup" item to make a backup of the current firmware in case something goes wrong. The backed up ROM should be located in: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/date&time/
    11. Select the "wipe data/factory reset->Yes – delete all user data” to clear old stuff.
    12. Select the "install zip from sdcard->choose zip from sdcard" item and select CleanViewpad7_signed_v1.0.zip.
    13. After flashing will be done select the "reboot system now" item. First boot may take a few minutes.

Migrate from stock or another build:
    1. Make backup of your phone using Titanium Backup (select all user applications).
    2. Copy all files and folders from SD card to local folder on your computer.
    3. Install Clockwork Recovery Partition, create partition on SD card and install ROM as described in installation guide.
    4. Copy all files and folders from local folder on your computer back to SD card.
    5. Restore applications using Titanium Backup and reboot your phone.

Download:

Credits to:
    • Darktremor
    • hucqim80
    • dsixda
    • mendozinas
    • -Mr. X-

If you like my work please consider donating:

Thanks everyone for donations.
    Since many people are requesting for TJstyle's oc'd kernel.I modified this ROM to add the kernel and some other stuff.
    Here is the download link:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21654931/VPAD7_signed.zip

My quadrant score crossed the 1000 mark for the first time :)

Screenshot:
    attachment.php
    Nice work bro.although it would be better to use the latest a2sd version of darktremor(2.7.5.3)
    which supports ext4 partition and data2sd feature.so instead of adding a2sd 2.7.5.2 you can provide a link to the flashable zip of the latest DT-a2sd (http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtapps2sd-2.7.5.3-beta04-signed.zip). it works i have tested it.
    hi
    thanks i have downloaded this from ur tablet rom post
    thanks a mill this is exactly what i want will use the same give u a feedback on the same
    thanks
    hari
    http://db.tt/7zRbtNKm

Sent from my T02A using xda premium