Search This thread

HunnyBearLewis

Mar 21, 2011
I had high hopes for the sensation after loving my MyTouch4G with Cyanogen. I thought the Sensation would get the same love. Instead I had a phone with terrible battery life and never any stable roms, and hardly any real dev support.

I hate to be "that guy" and post this, but I've moved on to an iPhone 4s & seeing two months later that the sensation development hasn't moved one bit, i'm glad i Did.

Good luck all.

Running HyperSensation v1.5 and I promise that my Sensation runs circles around your iPoop4. Great battery life (ever heard of waiting a full charge cycle or two after flashing?), never crashes, tethering works, speedy, and lightweight.

However, you getting an iPoop was a good thing. One less person on xda complaining!

emanon

Aug 29, 2010
My Own Haven
Like most people, I've given up on the Cyanogen Team delivering a working ICS AOSP ROM for our Sensations.

I would highly recommend Virtuous Inquisition v2.0.1 instead.

It's the closest we're ever likely to get to a *working* ICS AOSP ROM on the Sensation.

It's fast and stable.

For those that don't know, it's Sense-based, but it uses Shnizlon's excellent ICS theme and has had as much Sense stuff removed and as much AOSP stuff put back in as possible.

At least give it a try! :)

tripnice released his AOSP ICS on 12.28.2011 with everythings working except BT.

\Regards,

AZ2ENVY

Oct 1, 2010
Energy Vortex's
Keyan said CM9 was close to an Alpha months ago . I gave up on CyanogenMod for Sensation . He got a GN so why would he care about us Sensation users ?

webstar1

Aug 1, 2010
Listen guys. Follow TripNraver @ twitter
He's got a stable build coming up tommorow or soon. Our wait is just about over

Sent from my MIUI.us Sensation 4G using XDA App

cpittman

Jul 2, 2010
Denver
ever think maybe he hit a show stopping bug and it's taking time to solve? why give updates when the general atmosphere of the android community is over flowing with self entitlement and childish games? hey maybe he just doesn't even have time to work on cm9. it's done when it's done jeez. there is a reason most if not all aosp roms (nexus devices excluded) contain cm bits. simply put it's easy to cook a rom, developing however is not.

btw trash talking a developer for any reason is counter productive to what it is you want. just sayin

UNDFTD

Dec 2, 2011
But he also got his galaxy nexus 9 december ;)
His posts from 10 december actually shows a sensation with cm9 ics 4.0.1 so it exists for sure.

Yes, very true.. but Keyan isn't the only one working on our beloved Sensation. According to him, everything works besides the Camera and I believe there's an OpenGL issue? I'm sure it's worth the wait, at least in my opinion :)

chrisnk204

Mar 15, 2009
BROOKLYN!
Lol of course i was lying but damn i see ppl are as anxious as me lmaoooo too funny but yea tripnice i heard is ok give or take a few things

emanon

Aug 29, 2010
My Own Haven
Is it gonna be like last time when he said he had everything working including "full hw acceleration"? Trip is a "trip" and so is his over exaggerated crowd.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

I know, I downloaded the rom but reluctant to install knowing trips work. If CM9 doesn’t release soon I might I give it a try as it is the only AOSP rom available?

\Regards,

webstar1

Aug 1, 2010
Is it gonna be like last time when he said he had everything working including "full hw acceleration"? Trip is a "trip" and so is his over exaggerated crowd.

Sent from my HTC Sensation

And how does this comment help the development of ics on HTC sensation in any way? Its better than nothing. And he does deliver like back in the miui days

Sent from my MIUI.us Sensation 4G using XDA App

Jiggs82

Dec 22, 2010
The Bronx, NY
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ive used Trips latest beta rom TR002B aosp 4.0.3 and its pretty stable just a few soft reboots here and there but its gotten better than his previous releases. So he's close, same way CM9 is supposedly close for a release for us as well so i would give Trip's a shot to least check out ICS and play around with it, just make sure you guys do a nandroid:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

This is an alpha release, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code will eventually available at the CyanogenMod Github!

Kernel source code is availible at Bumblebee's github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Sensation (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. WIPE
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

*Coming soon* Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

Download Link

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!

The current buglist:
    -Recording 1080p video for a couple minutes causes a soft reboot
    -Misc Browser crashes (CM bug)
    -Zoom issues in Camera

Other than those (relatively) minor bugs, this rom is perfect.

New Changes
    - More overlay fixes
    - More hardware acceleration fixes
    - Potential battery life improvements
    - Dialer scaling fixed
    - Potentially fixed the occasional hardlock when using GPS.

I recommend using radio 10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01 because this is the radio that we personally tested.
    Please note flashing someone else's kernel may ruin your experience with this rom and I advise against it. This rom was a joint effort between Bumblebee, cretin45, toastcfh, defer, myself, and the rest of the CM team.
    Guys I'm not gone and there are still tons of people working on the sensation too. Expect a new build tomorrow or so.

Posted from Selfkang10
    We will potentially be releasing a second alpha tomorrow (provided we can fix one remaining bug). The new alpha should fix the remaining sound issues, the wifi calling FC, and maybe even the screen-off ril issue. I have seen the ril issue before on glacier, but we are taking a different, less hacky route to fix it.

All in all, blame HTC for their hacky methods ;)

Also, excuse the bold + color. this thread moves fast and I wanted to make sure people saw this.
    We are still fixing stuff and when we get to the point enough as been added for a new selfkang rls there will be one :)
    Thread has been cleaned from ranting, demanding and offtopic.
    If this continues, infractions are to be isued...
    Cheers