[Xperia S] DooMKernel & DooMRecovery {GB} - discussion and feature request thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shuttleu

Mar 2, 2008
im all up for testing your internal storage as mass storage

its annoying me that i cant drag and drop

wth_is_life

Mar 27, 2012
I know I've asked this but can you make it so that we can change the GPU clock frequency as well ?

And what's the adreno 220 stock frequency ?

Barrt73Rus

Apr 18, 2012
amazing kernel! i just install it, got root, install default kernel and root is stay with me on default firmware! thanks

wth_is_life

Mar 27, 2012
Do you have any problems with overclocking to 1.7 Ghz (phone heating up, etc.) ?

I'm scared that it might get brick.

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
From the kernel thread...

If that ultimately means we'll be able to use MSC instead of MTP, I'll test the hell out of it! :D MTP is painful on my Linux boxes. (so basically i'm using an ftp server on the device instead!)

Yeah, you can use it already.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

maxx228

Mar 20, 2011
Taipei , Taiwan
Hi~DooMLoRD

I've seen [ features ]:
[v01 onwards] DISABLED CIFS support in kernel (was causing battery drain on Xperia 2011 devices)

I'm already flash DooMKernel on my devices

May CIFS support cause battery drain on XPERIA S ?

can I manual enable the cifs support for my device

I'm usually mount PC's share folder for Video source

Sorry about my English , Thank you :)

Last edited:

K900

Aug 12, 2010
Moscow
@DooM I built cifs for myself ( from your source) , didn't seem to drain battery, at least not noticeably. Also you should include the Veno module in your next build, gives really nice speedup

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Do you have any problems with overclocking to 1.7 Ghz (phone heating up, etc.) ?

dont worry i am preparing an update which will keep a cap on default cpu freq to 1512-384 Mhz

Not sure if it's kernel or the custom wifi modules that needs tweaking but any chance that we can connect to an ad-hoc wifi network. :)

its a binary in the system, i dont remember which file it is.... may be wpa_supplicant?

Hi~DooMLoRD

I've seen [ features ]:
[v01 onwards] DISABLED CIFS support in kernel (was causing battery drain on Xperia 2011 devices)

CIFS was causing MASSIVE battery drain on Xperia 2011 devices, we were doing bug-hunting for almost 3 months and finally found that CIFS was the culprit... i may create a separate CIFS module if required which u can activate manually...

@DooM I built cifs for myself ( from your source) , didn't seem to drain battery, at least not noticeably. Also you should include the Veno module in your next build, gives really nice speedup

hmmm interesting about the TCP Veno module... lets see may be in v02 kernel ;)

Seansmit17

May 6, 2009
Peterborough
OnePlus 9 Pro
Sweet new kernel.

Nice one doom, some nice changes too.

Any chance of adding some more CPU Governors and I/O Schedulers like the V(R) I/O Scheduler?

Have you tried pushing the GPU past 320Mhz at all?

Also, whats its default clock speed?

Getting a nice 110MFLOPS @ 1.89Ghz with linpak up from about 80MFLOPS @ stock 1.5Ghz

Quadrant score is 3300 avg @ stock and 3744 with 1.89Ghz OC

Sweet xD

Thanks

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Sweet new kernel.

Nice one doom, some nice changes too.

Any chance of adding some more CPU Governors and I/O Schedulers like the V(R) I/O Scheduler?

Have you tried pushing the GPU past 320Mhz at all?

Also, whats its default clock speed?

Getting a nice 110MFLOPS @ 1.89Ghz with linpak up from about 80MFLOPS @ stock 1.5Ghz

Quadrant score is 3300 avg @ stock and 3744 with 1.89Ghz OC

Sweet xD

Thanks

For now I am working on performance patches...

Haven't tested GPU overclock above 320Mhz...

Stock GPU clock is 267Mhz...

Can you have a two way recording suport kernel ?

It's already incorporated in stock kernel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For posting BUGS/issues related to my kernel post them in kernel thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1557452

For posting BUGS/issues related to my recovery post them in recovery thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1594828

For general discussion regarding my kernel/recovery OR if u want to request for new features, post them in discussion thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1596041

Ok guys I am going to monitor this thread...

I want to keep the dev thread clean so Kindly use this thread to discuss what you want on my kernel & recovery...

U guys can also request for features which u want to see for this kernel and recovery...

There are a few rules for this thread:
    DO NOT ASK FOR ETA/RELEASE DATE
    NOT ALL REQUESTS MAY BE INTEGRATED
    ALL BUGS/ISSUES HAVE TO BE POSTED IN DEV THREAD

Regards,

DooMLoRD
    Does the recovery include flashing kernels ??

i dont know, i still dont have a booting kernel with me :(

i got two question is it possible

first is it possible to connect 2 pendrive via hub

like in galaxy s 2

second usb ethernet
    example smc2206usb/eth any thing like that ? not 65mbps via wifi but 100mbps by cable!(that for refrence http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1582250 but is that only for Honeycomb)

wish list:D that for kernel

Regards

THANKS

P.S in NTFS compatibilty will good and mass storage not media transfer protocol:D

1) not sure as it would draw more power than recommended

2) same as above

i can try a few tricks BUT dont recommend connecting high power devices as it can damage the USB port

Would love Overclocking!

OBVIOUSLY!!!

thats one of the core features of DooMKernel ;)

Would like IT to have a home screen more in hope the gouverneurs wil be added toen ofcourse the option to flash custom roms with revovery and all the sweetness youre put in youre other kernels.... And don't forget a stable custom rom with ics

Verstuurd van mijn LT26i met Tapatalk

more home screens? ROM RELATED, nothing to do with kernel...

i dont work on custom ROMs...

NTFS support in kernel.

But just for ask is that safe for phone?

yes its safe... i will add it... till then u can use the module i posted in dev thread :D

I feel that there is some problems between DoomLord and FXP,am i wrong?

well nothing like that... i regularly speak to jerpelea, Bin4ry... its just that they concentrate on bringing and fixing the awesome CyanogenMod to our device while i work mostly on kernels for stock ROMs... i do contribute to the CM kernel for Xperia 2011 devices but dont play much with CM myself :)

Change charging light. Full charge=green light, charging=white(or other) light.

Gửi từ LT26i của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

ROM RELATED, nothing to do with kernel...

It's a hardware stuff, Xperia S only has one-color LED

@Doom: Is the bootloader bug fixed ?

apparently the bug was not in bootloader ;)

FreeXperia Team has fixed it!!

Better Battery life. :D

Sent from my LT26i

yes ofcourse, atleast on the kernel level i will do my best to work it out... all other stuff is upto the apps u use and the ROM cooks/devs...

dont worry i am preparing an update which will keep a cap on default cpu freq to 1512-384 Mhz

Not sure if it's kernel or the custom wifi modules that needs tweaking but any chance that we can connect to an ad-hoc wifi network. :)

its a binary in the system, i dont remember which file it is.... may be wpa_supplicant?

Hi~DooMLoRD

I've seen [ features ]:

CIFS was causing MASSIVE battery drain on Xperia 2011 devices, we were doing bug-hunting for almost 3 months and finally found that CIFS was the culprit... i may create a separate CIFS module if required which u can activate manually...

hmmm interesting about the TCP Veno module... lets see may be in v02 kernel ;)
    Thanks again. We test games mostly for our site can't help these filled up phones. At least with removable sd we could have a backup card. Is the no way to mount USB OTG in Kernals recovery and back up to a external memory. Or is that not pos?

interesting... there is always a way :D

let me see what can be done...
    I actually was about to post that exact same question you replied to (yay for reading xD) but the recovery is no longer listed in the recovery thread. The link has been removed and its listed as being part of the new Kernel. So now that can't be done.

I find it all good and fine, but I find moving from v.01 and moving my way up a bit backwards when it could (With Doomrecovery) be flashed directly. This would also leave less room for errors (as I am seeing already, the ones moving backwards to go forwards, are having issues)

So i suppose my question is:

Doom, could you please repost recovery, and make everyone who don't have your beautiful DoomKernel from V.01 lives a bit easier?

Thanks in advance.

From v02 kernels onwards u can do this:
    Open the update.zip browse to kernel folder, extract the kernel.elf and then flash it using fastboot... Now u will be on that kernel... But will still need to flash that update.zip to get latest compatible WiFi modules