[ CRBuilder™ 2 ] [ FOR A COMPLETE AND SMARTER COOK ]

Search This thread

iriarteerick

Jun 5, 2007
La Paz
POCO M4 Pro 5G
cracing please, can you make an tuto that explain more things about coock, we dont need images, i mean only need the steps to coock any rom because we are nooby on the kitchen, specialy i.

tnx in advance and regards

mobilsk

Feb 18, 2009
Which splash screen?

Hi Cracing,

I just downloaded ur builder because I want to change my Splash screen.

I am using your 2.3 HD release, but before I used Xplore. After I flashed my Wizard to ur 2.3 HD there is still splash screen included from previous Xplore ROM.

I want to change this previous Splash screen (it appears when IPL/SPL and GSM information are on screen). Could you tell me if it is Splash screen 1 or 2?

Thank you

Quack2

Dec 11, 2008
Barcelona
Hi Cracing,

I've your great kitchen ready to run!!

Maybe stupid but :
- Could you explain to me (nobby) what is the XIP used for? I mean, what is the goal of the XIP for a device?

- How or where can I find SYS builds (like wm 6.1 build 21042) to cook my own rom? Dumping roms from other device is the only way?

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
Hi Cracing,

I've your great kitchen ready to run!!

Maybe stupid but :
- Could you explain to me (nobby) what is the XIP used for? I mean, what is the goal of the XIP for a device?

- How or where can I find SYS builds (like wm 6.1 build 21042) to cook my own rom? Dumping roms from other device is the only way?
Hello,

1. Here is XDA-developer encylopedia.

2. You can extract from official stock ROMs or unprotected custom ROMs or from donor.

Thanks and regards

Quack2

Dec 11, 2008
Barcelona
Hello,

1. Here is XDA-developer encylopedia.

2. You can extract from official stock ROMs or unprotected custom ROMs or from donor.

Thanks and regards

1- Very clear in my mind, now, thanks

2- I've got Topaz 6.1 ROM XIP/SYS build 21042. I guess I can start with that and I must dump and port it. Right?
Donor? First time I hear about Donor. It should be nice if you could tell me more about it?

Hope I'am not disturbing with such "so basic" (not for me for the moment :) ) questions.

Thanks in advance and regards.

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
1- Very clear in my mind, now, thanks

2- I've got Topaz 6.1 ROM XIP/SYS build 21042. I guess I can start with that and I must dump and port it. Right?
Donor? First time I hear about Donor. It should be nice if you could tell me more about it?

Hope I'am not disturbing with such "so basic" (not for me for the moment :) ) questions.

Thanks in advance and regards.

No problemo, I love to help and support ppls. :)

Donor mean, Supplier or sharer. He gives the source which is not cooked or it has dumped/extracted from stock or custom ROM. Nothing but a opensource.

Example here, Donor name is humble and I made mirror. When you extract the zip, you'll get XIP, SYS and OEM but not the single cooked ROM file.

Anyway, I suggest you to use ELF(in) kitchen to extract official or custom ROMs. Its the great kitchen which support almost all types of htc based devices and may be nonhtc also. of course it won't support wizard and some older devices, so you must use hypercore kitchen for extraction.

Thanks and regards

Quack2

Dec 11, 2008
Barcelona
No problemo, I love to help and support ppls. :)

Donor mean, Supplier or sharer. He gives the source which is not cooked or it has dumped/extracted from stock or custom ROM. Nothing but a opensource.

Example here, Donor name is humble and I made mirror. When you extract the zip, you'll get XIP, SYS and OEM but not the single cooked ROM file.

Anyway, I suggest you to use ELF(in) kitchen to extract official or custom ROMs. Its the great kitchen which support almost all types of htc based devices and may be nonhtc also. of course it won't support wizard and some older devices, so you must use hypercore kitchen for extraction.

Thanks and regards

Thanks a lot.

All should be quite easier for me now. I wil apply your suggestions asap and give you feedback of my try.

Regards

Quack2

Dec 11, 2008
Barcelona
CRACING,

last night I tried that but without success. OK, perhaps I am so nervous to cook my first rom, that I am going too fast!!!!
Patience, patience I try to say to myself... :rolleyes:

Nevermind, I think I understand how to port SYS/XIP to wizard. For that I've seen your video and it's very clear.

Now I'm doubting: Which OEM to keep and which one can be deleted?
Today I've investigated that, and my conclusion is that the basic OEMs I need, to make the cooked ROM working, are:
- OEM_lang_0409
- OEMAPPS
- OEMDrivers
- OEMMISC
I'm wrong?

So, assuming that if I've ported correctly SYS and XIP, and have these 4 OEM Packages, I need an Os.nb or an Os.nb.payload file, and a romhdr.bin file, to "re"build OS. May I use the Os.nb.payload you attached, no matter the XIP I'm porting or there might be a specific one for each ROM\XIP I pretend to cook?

Am I missing something?.. maybe

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
CRACING,

last night I tried that but without success. OK, perhaps I am so nervous to cook my first rom, that I am going too fast!!!!
Patience, patience I try to say to myself... :rolleyes:

Nevermind, I think I understand how to port SYS/XIP to wizard. For that I've seen your video and it's very clear.

Now I'm doubting: Which OEM to keep and which one can be deleted?
Today I've investigated that, and my conclusion is that the basic OEMs I need, to make the cooked ROM working, are:
- OEM_lang_0409
- OEMAPPS
- OEMDrivers
- OEMMISC
I'm wrong?

So, assuming that if I've ported correctly SYS and XIP, and have these 4 OEM Packages, I need an Os.nb or an Os.nb.payload file, and a romhdr.bin file, to "re"build OS. May I use the Os.nb.payload you attached, no matter the XIP I'm porting or there might be a specific one for each ROM\XIP I pretend to cook?

Am I missing something?.. maybe
OK thats great. :)

yes OEM_lang_0409, OEMAPPS, OEMDrivers and OEMMISC are important OEM which are need to boot your device and work.

I have a idea for noob cookers, Download wizflo ( You might be download alrealy ); Download hypercore kitchen; dump/extract the wizflo ROM. Now you will get all the infos.

Since building own ROM is impossible ( With donor or dumped/extracted ROM also ) So it better to dump a cooked for your wizard and move them over CRBuilder and start change anything you want ( XIP, SYS and OEM ). :)

Thanks and regards

Quack2

Dec 11, 2008
Barcelona
:)

Flashing ...

hope it will...boot!

YESSSS!!!

Everything seems Ok with my first cooked rom, but very basic ( No apps, no tweaks, no skins ...)
Now, I will play with your Rom builder for a while, maybe, creating my own packages (incluiding one and another favorite apps). So I will tell you.

I guess I'll have more question/doubt. I'll do my best to solve them by myself, before asking you.

Thanks for you help.

Last edited:

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
:)

Flashing ...

hope it will...boot!

YESSSS!!!

Everything seems Ok with my first cooked rom, but very basic ( No apps, no tweaks, no skins ...)
Now, I will play with your Rom builder for a while, maybe, creating my own packages (incluiding one and another favorite apps). So I will tell you.

I guess I'll have more question/doubt. I'll do my best to solve them by myself, before asking you.

Thanks for you help.

Ya glad to know. :)

Enjoy the best with your own ROM's.

Thanks and regards