The perfect phone

Search This thread

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
I'm still using my good old galaxy s3 right now and I'm asking myself why I can't find a replacement phone that suits my needs.. Every phone out there I have some sort of issue with. I like the LG g2, but I hate the buttons on the back. I like the nexus 5 but I hate that there isn't an SD card slot. Some of the newer samsung phones come close, but I don't want Knox or any of that garbage bs or a locked bootloader.

I guess my perfect phone would be a nexus 5 with an SD card slot and a slightly better camera. Or an LG g2 with buttons on the side instead of back. Sony makes some nice phones hardware wise but I hate the look of them. When will someone release a phone with

5-5.2 inch screen
SD card slot
13+ mp camera
Buttons on the side instead of the back
Unlocked bootloader

This is where that Lego concept of building phones would be nice. Hopefully Google stays on top of that and moves forward with it.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

echevierra

Feb 11, 2014
no one can in this world can earn the title of "Perfect" or a thing (except game with says "perfect" sentence)
every technology in this world always have progression that human being invented (not sure if alien exist)

Kohelet

Sep 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
kohelet.tech
ISony makes some nice phones hardware wise but I hate the look of them. When will someone release a phone with

5-5.2 inch screen
SD card slot
13+ mp camera
Unlocked bootloader

I mean, I know you said you had the look of the Sony phones, but take the Xperia ZL:

5-5.2 inch screen? :good:
SD Card slot? :good:
13+ mp camera? :good:
Buttons on side instead of back? :good:
Unlocked bootloader? :good:

All of the features you want are there in a phone like the Xperia ZL, and it doesn't look that bad. The phone you want has been released. Perhaps you should re-consider?

Last edited:
Reactions: bdithug

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
I mean, I know you said you had the look of the Sony phones, but take the Xperia ZL:

All of the features you want are there in a phone like the Xperia ZL, and it doesn't look that bad. The phone you want has been released. Perhaps you should re-consider?

Lol I remember trying the demo of the zl when it was first released. It is a very nice phone and I think the only thing that held me back was the look of it and the price (at the time it was 750$ outright). I'll take a look again to see how much a used one goes for. Thanks

Steffe89

Aug 27, 2012

The Z1 mini is actually more perfect in my opinion. Smaller size, but still has high-end specifications. The larger screen just makes it unhandy. It shouldn't replace the tablets.

Kohelet

Sep 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
kohelet.tech
The Z1 mini is actually more perfect in my opinion. Smaller size, but still has high-end specifications. The larger screen just makes it unhandy. It shouldn't replace the tablets.

Meh, it's a matter of preference and hand-size really. For what the OP listed as the "perfect phone", the ZL is a great match.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Z Ultra as a tablet replacement. If only it were an inch larger, it would be the perfect 7in tablet.

Steffe89

Aug 27, 2012
Meh, it's a matter of preference and hand-size really. For what the OP listed as the "perfect phone", the ZL is a great match.

Personally, I'm a big fan of the Z Ultra as a tablet replacement. If only it were an inch larger, it would be the perfect 7in tablet.

You're right. Perhaps SG5 / HTC one 2 / LG3 might be an option for him as well. I guess that's the four mobiles he should be consindering and then walk into a store and make his choice.

casper_zy

Jan 6, 2014
Singapore
I'm still using my good old galaxy s3 right now and I'm asking myself why I can't find a replacement phone that suits my needs.. Every phone out there I have some sort of issue with. I like the LG g2, but I hate the buttons on the back. I like the nexus 5 but I hate that there isn't an SD card slot. Some of the newer samsung phones come close, but I don't want Knox or any of that garbage bs or a locked bootloader.

I guess my perfect phone would be a nexus 5 with an SD card slot and a slightly better camera. Or an LG g2 with buttons on the side instead of back. Sony makes some nice phones hardware wise but I hate the look of them. When will someone release a phone with

5-5.2 inch screen
SD card slot
13+ mp camera
Unlocked bootloader

This is where that Lego concept of building phones would be nice. Hopefully Google stays on top of that and moves forward with it.

Nothing perfect

dimsar2013

May 20, 2013
Athens
Well, even Galaxy S3 which is currently owned by you is such a good phone. It can be replaced with Galaxy S4. It's the only phone which suits you needs.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

VonSohn

Dec 11, 2013
My LG G2 is almost perfect. Almost because LG could have used better materials. Except for that, it's excellent.

bradley129

Feb 4, 2014
Knox isn't a locked boot loader and your free to flash whatever you want with knox as long as you don't flash another boot loader.

Sent From My Smoking Hot Galaxy SIII

agsaweb

Feb 25, 2014
My htc j butterfly with cm11 aospa paranoid android still the best for me

Sent from my HTL21 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ISony makes some nice phones hardware wise but I hate the look of them. When will someone release a phone with

5-5.2 inch screen
    SD card slot
    13+ mp camera
    Unlocked bootloader