Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
14%2B-%2B1

Reactions: freak744

Soulfly3

Dec 21, 2013
yes... simpler menu...

and I dont know if its just me, but focus actually seems quicker... pictures even crisper.

again, only from about 15 shots and a video

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
I like the camera and all, but what's up with the huge black bar on the side with the little camera icon smack in the center. With that and the lower portion of the phone's hardware, it takes up nearly 1/4 of the face of the phone. How to get that transparent or blurred?

Btw, this will be the new Camera app thread while it is still hot. If you see others crop up, hit the report button and link this thread in there. :highfive:;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This^. Was looking out for a way to do so until all the features come back. That's a good replacement for the time being, but without HDR+, I cannot use it. Guess I'll stick with the older version for now.

My first impressions of the updated camera app have been rather mixed.

1. The view-finder is WYSIWYG. So that's a plus.:good: But I would rather have a 16:9 aspect ratio with a full-screen view finder. At least an option to switch between 4:3 and 16:9 is what's required, even if that means a slightly lower resolution. Its a good trade-off IMO.
    2. The lens blur is a good addon but still far from DSLR-ish shots.
    3. I direly miss the video snapshots.
    4. Higher resolution pano and sphere are a huge plus. Kudos Google.:good:
    5. A lot of functional features, like Scene modes, timer, time lapse etc have been removed. To what end?
    5. Lastly, I don't know if its me alone, but I noticed a slight drop in the image quality (apart from the apparent size shrinkage) in terms of image brightness and color. In 7 shots out of 10, I got noticeably darker and yellower images than the previous version. I could be wrong, since I was shooting in artificial light, but that's what I noticed.

EDIT: It seems all of these missing features are coming soon.
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/04/16/apk-teardown-advanced-camera-mode-photo-sphere-live-wallpaper-and-more-hiding-in-google-camera/ :)

Hi,
    i had a look at the apk the moment i downloaded it. All the features missing in this, are coming with 4.4.3 most probably. They have shown us the strings, which is useless unless declared in arrays. I'm working on something, if i succeed, will post! :)
    I really like the new ui, but how do you know that the camera focused correctly? There's not a green /red "circle like before " :/

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

use your eyes
    i got a hold of one of the google developers working on the app. i explained and showed him my findings about battery drain. he asked me to send him a bug report and several logs. i tell you he was quick as well, responded to me within 10 minutes!
    Can anyone upload v2.1.043 ?

Edit:
    Google Camera v2.1.043
    Download here!

Changelog (compared to v2.1.042):
    - Some changes in CaptureLayoutHelper class. Probably related to "BottomBar".

Some affected variables/objects/methods:
    previewLongerEdge, previewShorterEdge, mBottomBarMinHeight:I, mBottomBarMaxHeight:I, mBottomBarOptimalHeight:I, PositionConfiguration;->mPreviewRect, android/graphics/RectF;->set(FFFF)V, com/android/camera/CaptureLayoutHelper$PositionConfiguration;->mBottomBarOverlay:Z,
    Took this at the ACC last night for the game w the Panorama setting.

Never wouldve looked this good pre-update. always turned out weak. this was a beauty