[Q] LG G2 brick after change build.prop

Search This thread
Mar 7, 2014
I rooted the phone, everything was going good. I was playing with Exposed and I wanted to remove soft keys. I found a post to edit build.prop and I did not back up build.prop before i tried to edit it and all went all from there.

Now When i turn it on i get it booted up but it says unfortunately androidsystem.ui has stopped and wont go any farther,

I am running 4.4.2 stock rom, After this I did a factory reset hoping this to fix the problem...This did not fix it lol.

I am afraid I can not ADB it now as I do not have developer options and USB debugging....

Anyway to edit Build.prop from the computer?

if not how do i fix this?

Thank you!

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
I rooted the phone, everything was going good. I was playing with Exposed and I wanted to remove soft keys. I found a post to edit build.prop and I did not back up build.prop before i tried to edit it and all went all from there.

Now When i turn it on i get it booted up but it says unfortunately androidsystem.ui has stopped and wont go any farther,

I am running 4.4.2 stock rom, After this I did a factory reset hoping this to fix the problem...This did not fix it lol.

I am afraid I can not ADB it now as I do not have developer options and USB debugging....

Anyway to edit Build.prop from the computer?

if not how do i fix this?

Thank you!

First off, brick means it's as functional as a fired clay brick.

Second. ADB from recovery. If you don't have a custom recovery, factory reset.

detonation

Jan 20, 2010
Wisconsin
First off, brick means it's as functional as a fired clay brick.

Second. ADB from recovery. If you don't have a custom recovery, factory reset.

I don't think a factory reset would help since it only wipes data and cache. He said he already tried one without success.

If you have a custom recovery installed, you have a couple of options. If adb is working, you can pull/push a fixed build.prop. Or you could find a stock build.prop and create a flashable zip for it.

If you don't have a custom recovery, as far as I know you're pretty much stuck having to flash a factory image, which means you'll lose all your data because your internal storage will be wiped.

Mar 7, 2014
I don't think a factory reset would help since it only wipes data and cache. He said he already tried one without success.

If you have a custom recovery installed, you have a couple of options. If adb is working, you can pull/push a fixed build.prop. Or you could find a stock build.prop and create a flashable zip for it.

If you don't have a custom recovery, as far as I know you're pretty much stuck having to flash a factory image, which means you'll lose all your data because your internal storage will be wiped.

I do not have a custom recovery as I rooted 4.4.2 and as far as I know you can not have recovery with 4.4.2 root unless you downgrade to 4.2 first, root then update, Correct?

I was wondering, Can i install custom recovery now?

Keep in mind this is my second LG G2, The first one I COMPLETELY bricked it and it wont power on, no LG image, No charge, no download mode nothing. I do not want that again as it is a paper weight now lol.

detonation

Jan 20, 2010
Wisconsin
I do not have a custom recovery as I rooted 4.4.2 and as far as I know you can not have recovery with 4.4.2 root unless you downgrade to 4.2 first, root then update, Correct?

I was wondering, Can i install custom recovery now?

Keep in mind this is my second LG G2, The first one I COMPLETELY bricked it and it wont power on, no LG image, No charge, no download mode nothing. I do not want that again as it is a paper weight now lol.

I have the Verizon version so I can't speak for others, but you only need to downgrade to the 4.2 bootloader to install the recovery and then you can go back to the 4.4 bootloader. I used AutoRec which does it all for you automatically. But at this point I don't think you'll be able to flash a custom recovery, as you either need adb access or the ability to install an apk.

Here's the guide for flashing the factory images: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2432476
I suggest trying the TOT method first if your variant is supported

Mar 7, 2014
As i look into the TOT flash procedure I am wondering what Variant the D803 is....

I have a Telus LG G2 and I believe it is the D803....