[ROOT] Working Multiplayer fix in all emulators using Tincore KeyMapper.

Search This thread

lilcza1

Aug 14, 2007
Note: This also works for mapping Touch Screen Apps to controllers, even mapping a mouse to your joystick if you wish to play flash based games or to make your own mappings. You can remap buttons to ANY DEVICE, so be CAREFUL!

I've been looking into a fix to allow the usage of multiple dual shock 4 controllers for multiplayer gaming and came up with nothing that worked on the Amazon Fire TV until now.

Since we aren't able to change the IME setup, there's an app that lets you keymap any device connected either with USB or Bluetooth. Its called Tincore KeyMapper and while it may come off a bit complicated at first and it has its visual bugs running on the amazon box, it works perfectly.

first install the app and run it. You must be rooted for it to work!

I also recommend you have a mouse to navigate easier and have all the controllers you wish to configure connected and/or plugged in from the start. Any new controllers added afterwards will swap "ports" with the other controllers and will occasionally switch players once a device rescan is done.

once its started create a new profile call it whatever you like ie. openBOR settings
click the magnifying glass(search) make sure to have System Internal and USB/BT *ROOT* selected then hit accept.

You should see all your devices that are connected to the box.

look for your controller you have connected and change the dpad, left stick and buttons to "click keys". You wont be able to make changes until you restart, so exit the app by clicking the 3 dot menu and scrolling all the way down to the bottom and clicking the the last item that isn't visible.

Re run the app and now you can set the keys for the found devices. Enjoy!

There's other cool features if you buy this app, and I plan on buying just because the app works even without IME setups. And the more support we give him, maybe he will make a native port for us in the future.

Attachments

• com.tincore.and.keymapper.apk
    14.5 MB · Views: 1,145
Last edited:
Reactions: to0

Spykez0129

Jun 1, 2010
Or you can just use any of Robert's .EMU emulators that detects multiple gamepads and use them at the same time with no conflicts.

FPse for PSX does this as well.

Snes9x EX also made by Robert allows this as well.

lilcza1

Aug 14, 2007
Or you can just use any of Robert's .EMU emulators that detects multiple gamepads and use them at the same time with no conflicts.

FPse for PSX does this as well.

Snes9x EX also made by Robert allows this as well.

True, Reicast does as well.

But FPse doesnt work on the Fire TV, Nearly all Mame emus do not have working multiplayer including TigerMame, Reloaded, Mame4android, Jrioni, ReroArch, OpenBor, Paintown, All flash games and a number of others don't have that ability.

Last edited:

Spykez0129

Jun 1, 2010
True, Reicast does as well.

But FPse doesnt work on the Fire TV, Nearly all Mame emus do not have working multiplayer including TigerMame, Reloaded, Mame4android, Jrioni, ReroArch, OpenBor, Paintown, All flash games and a number of others don't have that ability.

FPse works perfectly on FireTV, dunno what you're doing wrong but a friend and I were playing Twisted Metal 2 for hours the other night. I spent a couple hours playing Crash Bandicoot and Need for Speed: High Stakes just the other day. Everything I've tested on the emulator all have worked flawlessly.

Developer is working on getting the triggers to work correctly with the X360 gamepads as there is currently a bug in it.

Last edited:

lilcza1

Aug 14, 2007
FPse works perfectly on FireTV, dunno what you're doing wrong but a friend and I were playing Twisted Metal 2 for hours the other night. I spent a couple hours playing Crash Bandicoot and Need for Speed: High Stakes just the other day. Everything I've tested on the emulator all have worked flawlessly.

Developer is working on getting the triggers to work correctly with the X360 gamepads as there is currently a bug in it.

Thanks! i'll retry it now. I tried before with 2 downloaded copies and it just crashed instantly. I actually bought FPse on the play store, its by far my favorite PSX emu because epsxe is ehhh.

Spykez0129

Jun 1, 2010
Thanks! i'll retry it now. I tried before with 2 downloaded copies and it just crashed instantly. I actually bought FPse on the play store, its by far my favorite PSX emu because epsxe is ehhh.

Fpse has a bug that the triggers in the Xbox controller don't want to work. He said he'd work on that a month ago and won't respond to emails. Epsxe developer sent me a beta and is working with me on getting triggers working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note: This also works for mapping Touch Screen Apps to controllers, even mapping a mouse to your joystick if you wish to play flash based games or to make your own mappings. You can remap buttons to ANY DEVICE, so be CAREFUL!

I've been looking into a fix to allow the usage of multiple dual shock 4 controllers for multiplayer gaming and came up with nothing that worked on the Amazon Fire TV until now.

Since we aren't able to change the IME setup, there's an app that lets you keymap any device connected either with USB or Bluetooth. Its called Tincore KeyMapper and while it may come off a bit complicated at first and it has its visual bugs running on the amazon box, it works perfectly.

first install the app and run it. You must be rooted for it to work!

I also recommend you have a mouse to navigate easier and have all the controllers you wish to configure connected and/or plugged in from the start. Any new controllers added afterwards will swap "ports" with the other controllers and will occasionally switch players once a device rescan is done.

once its started create a new profile call it whatever you like ie. openBOR settings
    click the magnifying glass(search) make sure to have System Internal and USB/BT *ROOT* selected then hit accept.

You should see all your devices that are connected to the box.

look for your controller you have connected and change the dpad, left stick and buttons to "click keys". You wont be able to make changes until you restart, so exit the app by clicking the 3 dot menu and scrolling all the way down to the bottom and clicking the the last item that isn't visible.

Re run the app and now you can set the keys for the found devices. Enjoy!

There's other cool features if you buy this app, and I plan on buying just because the app works even without IME setups. And the more support we give him, maybe he will make a native port for us in the future.