[Q] Rooting a JV9 SGS?

Search This thread

moorkai

Aug 7, 2012
Howdy guys!

A friend of mine has an i9000 with GB installed on it and now he wants to root his phone. SuperOneClick and Z4Root didn't help. So, flashing a rooted kernel seems like an only option to me. What would be most appropriate to do according to the following details:

Kies
PDA: JV9
PHONE: JVO
CSC: JV7

About screen
Firmware version: 2.3.3
Baseband version: I9000XXJVO
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9000BOJV9-CL404614, root@DELL130 #2
Build number: GINGERBREAD.BOJV9

Fuguroot, CF-Root (maybe CF-Root-XF_TSR_JVA-v4.3-CWM3RFS.zip or CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVO-v3.2-CWM3RFS.zip), downgrading or upgrading via Odin and then flashing a rooted kernel?

Thanks in advance!

csanzhenry

May 24, 2014
In Odin 1.83 (the last supported version for I9000):

CODE -> PDA

CSC -> CSC

MODEM -> PHONE

Thanks very much for that. Unfortunately I'm now faced with the "USB not recognised". The cables that the PC detects, the phone doesn't and the one cable that sends the phone into MTP mode,the PC doesn't. *headdesks*

Oh well..

kalpetros

Jul 21, 2013
35.34, 25.13
Thanks very much for that. Unfortunately I'm now faced with the "USB not recognised". The cables that the PC detects, the phone doesn't and the one cable that sends the phone into MTP mode,the PC doesn't. *headdesks*

Oh well..

You need the Samsung USB Drivers in order to flash using Odin.

Your phone must also be in Download mode.

csanzhenry

May 24, 2014
You need the Samsung USB Drivers in order to flash using Odin.

Your phone must also be in Download mode.

I can get the phone into download mode okay and I.'m pretty sure I have the d rivers installed right. It seems to be the cables, the phone charges just didn't recognise the cable as a proper connection.

Top Liked Posts