[CLOSED] iPhoneUI [2010-05-22, Version 0.3.6a] - An iPhone shell for 480x800 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
Hey!

I've been working on a project the 4 last months and it's looking pretty good now. It's only compatible with WVGA devices (480x800 resolutions).

What is it?
iPhoneUI is a shell for the Windows Mobile system. It works on the Windows Mobile 6.0, 6.1 & 6.5 systems.
It is maximized which means that this will "overwrite" your booring original windows homescreen.
It features a nicely made topbar, sliding between pages, a lockscreen and some widgets.

Before starting
*Please COMMENT & give me feedback and suggestions on what i should add to the application. Without you I won't be able to improve the shell.
*If you like my work, please be generous and donate a few bucks to support my work :) Donate here

Instructions

1. Go to my website (http://www.chabbeclub.tk)
2. Download the latest build & the .NET 3.5 cab from my website.
3. Install (if not already installed on your device) the dotnet.cab file.
4. Then install the latest iPhoneUI build
5. Soft-Reset device (if needed) and you're good to go!:)

Latest Changelog
Made changes in topbar
Remade the UnlockWidget. I've added a UnlockSlider.txt in iPhoneUI folder that the application now uses to view text in the unlockwidget.
Added option to change the Unlockslider.txt file in options menu.
Also added abillity to change the vibration pattern in the options menu.
Removed the battery charging icon and instead it will now show a dot (.) infront of the battery percentage when charging
Also deleted the ugly battery icon in topbar.

Problems/Bugs
**A serious bug which I at the moment can't seem to fix. The problem is that the multi-pages function only works with english and swedish devices. All other devices will only be able to get the first and last page.

Temporary solution to viewing all the pages for non-english/swedish devices
  1. First, you need to download and install the latest build from my website.
  2. Then go to Program(s)/iPhoneUI and transfer the Shellconfig.xml to your computer
  3. Open it up with notepad
  4. Press Ctrl + F and search for <targetFolder>\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\</targetFolder>
  5. When it has found the text, change the targetFolder to where your programs folder is located. Unfortunately you have to do this manually.
  6. Press save and upload it to the Program(s)iPhoneUI folder, if needed overwrite the previous.
  7. Restart application and done! Now the multi-pages should work for all devices, even for the non-english/swedish.

Notice

This project is closed due to not beeing appreciated, and therefore don't expect to recieve any answers or help from me although I'll try and help you the best way I can. My website will still be up for those of you who wants the application.

Last edited:

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
Screenshots

Screenshots of the official build (Version 0.3.6a)

English:

Screen01.png
Screen02.png
Screen03.png
Screen04.png

Swedish:

Screen01.jpg
Screen02.jpg
Screen03.jpg
Screen04.jpg

Last edited:

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
Screenshots and changelog of upcomming release

No new build at the moment

Last edited:

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
FAQ

FAQ

[*] I am receiving an error. Its telling me to install NETCFv35.Messages.En.cab but I have already installed the dotnet.cab. What should I do?

- Please try and download this file. Install it and then run my application. If needed, restart device.

[**]I'd like to donate a few bucks. What should I do?

- Please follow this link.

More to come

Last edited:

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
How is this different than iPhoneToday or iFonz?

x2.....iphonetoday is a champ right now for me..:D
whats the difference with this one

Hey guys,

The difference is that it's using a fullscreen and because of that I have a topbar. But this app is slower and the iphonetoday app is better according to some, not me :). But I've been working on it for 4 months now and it's really turning out... As if now, the iphonetoday is a little bit better but I'm working on it every day

tito12

Feb 15, 2008
Tel Aviv
Come on guys, be good sports and admit it's the first of iPhone clones to look exactly like a real one. Thumbs up chabbe11 and good luck with the development, you have tough competition :D

wangiles

Feb 17, 2008
not really an iphone fan. but am a supporter to developers like you. Keep it up! :D

(Instead of this GUI, why not create your own? Need help, can look for me. :) Of course, this is not to dampen you, but to give more options for you. :D )

Last edited:

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
Come on guys, be good sports and admit it's the first of iPhone clones to look exactly like a real one. Thumbs up chabbe11 and good luck with the development, you have tough competition :D

not really an iphone fan. but am a supporter to developers like you. Keep it up! :D

(Instead of this GUI, why not create your own? Need help, can look for me. :) Of course, this is not to dampen you, but to give more options for you. :D )

Thanks for the kind words guys. Hopefully, this will be appreciated by many

95alexander95

o_O Schysst med ett svenskt tema, det är anledningen för mig att använda detta istället för iPhoneToday.

---------------------------

o_O Nice with a swedish theme, this is the reason why im using this instead of iPhoneToday.

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
o_O Schysst med ett svenskt tema, det är anledningen för mig att använda detta istället för iPhoneToday.

---------------------------

o_O Nice with a swedish theme, this is the reason why im using this instead of iPhoneToday.

Trevligt att prata med en svensk. Lägg dock märke till att den är väldigt seg. Jag släpper dock 0.2.1a imorgon som innehåller en hel del förändringar, design förbättringar och snabbhet

thesecondsfade

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

I agree. you seem like a great developer. Why not add some features that aren't available even on iPhone... like widgets... music player, picture frame viewer, etc. like with Android?

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
I agree. you seem like a great developer. Why not add some features that aren't available even on iPhone... like widgets... music player, picture frame viewer, etc. like with Android?

I'll try, but as if now I need to focus on speeding the application up. It's far to slow. Then maybe I'll need to get help from someone.
btw. LOVE your profile image :) Chuck is great ;)

chaitandeva

Jun 18, 2007
Like we all know, the competition makes things better.:rolleyes:
I just installed it, to try it out. Unfortunately as you might be aware too, it is too slow and even the graphics seems to be a bit enlarged (Not at all eye candy). To be frank, i did not even explore all the options before i uninstall it.:(
Thought of having some more versions of wait, before i can try again.

Definitely this app is lot behind the IPhonetoday. I see more potential in having a revolutionary work like 'TouchXperience' UI. It really brings out the new ideas in how else the UI can be...

Just my few thoughts out for you...

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
Like we all know, the competition makes things better.:rolleyes:
I just installed it, to try it out. Unfortunately as you might be aware too, it is too slow and even the graphics seems to be a bit enlarged (Not at all eye candy). To be frank, i did not even explore all the options before i uninstall it.:(
Thought of having some more versions of wait, before i can try again.

Definitely this app is lot behind the IPhonetoday. I see more potential in having a revolutionary work like 'TouchXperience' UI. It really brings out the new ideas in how else the UI can be...

Just my few thoughts out for you...

Sure thing, thank you for beeing honest.

I'm well aware that this is very very slow and that the graphics isn't the best. But I'm trying to fix all of that in order to release a good beta, or even the complete version of the app. :) Thank you though for giving me feedback

chabbe11

Oct 27, 2009
I just want to inform you that I'm releasing the 0.2.1a version tomorrow. I'm going through final steps at the moment

biernes_atrece

Feb 18, 2009
www.404.com
though i was never really an iphone fan, i like the fact that people like you try to create things in one way or another.

when the time is ripe and when possible this app can be skinned to look as much as unlike an iphone as possible, that would be something! (me thinks) :)

for the time being, keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.