[MOD] Enable ICS SoftKeys CM9-Beta1 3/20/12!

Search This thread

harwood0808

Sep 3, 2010
portland
soft key alpha 4

Is there any body that has the alpha 4 zip still that could post it until the alpha 5 gets fixed. It worked great even on cm9 alpha 5 I just changed cause I thought it would shut off regular buttons instead they're always on. Thx for any help!!! I gotta have my soft keys back but 5 is kill in my battery

xopher.hunter

Mar 21, 2011
Ventura
Is there any body that has the alpha 4 zip still that could post it until the alpha 5 gets fixed. It worked great even on cm9 alpha 5 I just changed cause I thought it would shut off regular buttons instead they're always on. Thx for any help!!! I gotta have my soft keys back but 5 is kill in my battery

Here ya go

Deleted

I think I uploaded it right

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4G

Last edited:

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
Not to take away from any of the work that was done here, but what is the advantage of the on screen buttons? Just curious.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
some people hate our capacitive buttons and this also gives a more authentic android 4.0 experience lol

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4G

I agree with the first part, as people have different opinions. However there is nothing more "authentic" about it. 4.0.3 was built for devices "with" the capacitive buttons, thus was built without the on screen buttons, so what's more authentic about it? Just sayin.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

socos25

Nov 8, 2010
Earth
Screen realestate is precious, but to each his own.

I agree with the first part, as people have different opinions. However there is nothing more "authentic" about it. 4.0.3 was built for devices "with" the capacitive buttons, thus was built without the on screen buttons, so what's more authentic about it? Just sayin.

harwood0808

Sep 3, 2010
portland
still aborts

Thx for tryin again that 1 still aborts i even flashed back to cm9 a4 just to check it out still it just aborts thx for the effort though

anaklumpur

Sep 21, 2010
hi, thx for the mod, i'm looking for this for long time.... before i used a mod found on SGSII forum but it's stop working after alpha 2

well since i broke my capacitive button, so ICS+ on screen button is my only hope.. hehehe :D

btw i have try rebuilding the framework-res.apk with apktool change the navbar in bool.xml .. but got stuck when i try to building it....

glad you made this mod :D

thx

MoSeriouS

Feb 27, 2011
Columbus
Does this mod work with any of the CM9 themes? If so, do I need to install the mod before the theme, after the theme or does it matter? Thanks OP....... U Ballin

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

shane6374

Jun 23, 2009
Minneapolis
Does this mod work with any of the CM9 themes? If so, do I need to install the mod before the theme, after the theme or does it matter? Thanks OP....... U Ballin

It replaces the framework-res so I wouldn't suggest it. You would still have all the statusbar mods, but would lose any changes that were made to the framework.

Reactions: MoSeriouS

SwimDrewid

It replaces the framework-res so I wouldn't suggest it. You would still have all the statusbar mods, but would lose any changes that were made to the framework.

so, if I were to make or use an uot theme, how would I port these changes over? (meaning, what files inside framework did you modify?

Thx

sent from my fully armed and operational space phone

beanz528

Sep 28, 2009
Anyone found out how to turn off the backlight for the capacitive buttons yet? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There was a request to get the ICS SoftKeys working.
    I also wanted to experiment with the softkeys and doing some mods and theming.

So I present the Enable ICS SoftKeys CM9-Beta0 Mod.
    Flash the Zip and Clear Cache.
    Enjoy

This is setup so the Capacitive Buttons will turn off approx 2 seconds after screen on(***MUST BE ON AUTO BRIGHTNESS***)
    The lights will not come back on unless the Capacitive Buttons are touched. Hope this helps.

**I am not responsible if you phone breaks**

Also: Lets thank our great devs for the work they do!
    The OG Epic is a great phone and they just keep making it better!
    Great job CM Team!

ToDo:
    Turn off backlight for Capacitive buttons?
    I found a set of apktools that finally worked for me.
    They are attached
    the soft touch buttons are nice and the long press works..can the normal touch buttons be disabled like the nexus S? thanks for the mod, it is awesome

I am currently working on this. I am trying to dim/disable the hardware keys while still leaving the keyboard backlights as they are.

thanks for trying though that's a no gO

Whoops wrong one here you go

https://www.box.com/shared/kpluekianbyrtascbq3y

I think that last one was from the nexus :p

Sent from my CM9 Epic 4G