[ROM/MOD][The Collective] Seraphim - Mesosphere - REMIX![IMM76L] AOSP/CM9 6/15/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Podunk, Tennessee
Ill bet I sent 100 or more txt yesterday with no issues. All went thru fast.

I did notice something goofy last night. The image shown on the screen before taking a photo looked squashed comparedto the actual results which were perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

lessthanzach

May 23, 2008
Redding, CA
I have a bug to report. I reported this once on the prerelease before. I have only seen this on the collective ics roms. When using the s pen on the screen, the first time I try to use my finger to touch the screen the first time it won't respond. Generally the second time it will but never the first. If I switch back to the pen for a second more it happens again.
Mainly frustrating due to me switching between pen and finger a lot because the pen always tries to hit the period like 5 times when I only tap it once (I think that has to do with the placement of the speaker behind the screen).
This is still the best ROM, just weird since this unresponsive nature when using the finger only occurs here and not on any of the other leaks. And this happens after 2x wipe, clear and formats even while the ROM is still stock.

Sent from my supercharged Seraphim Note.
Hit my thanks if I helped you :)

rkennison

Mar 9, 2012
Woodstock
Periodically...like if I sent 50 texts yesterday...maybe 6 or 7 of them wouldn't send. As far as I know I'm having no trouble receiving them. On lte in Orlando and using the msg app that came with the rom. Not a major complaint but def will be ready for an update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

When using SMS popup, it will send the text, but the SMS program will show that it failed to send, however they do go though. Just anoying.

Other then that, no issues sending/receiving text messages at all for me.

The only real bug I have at the moment, other then having to use the web to buy apps, is the contact issues. That's the only one that acutally impacts me.

Reactions: ryanbmw51

lactardjosh

Dec 25, 2010
I have a bug to report. I reported this once on the prerelease before. I have only seen this on the collective ics roms. When using the s pen on the screen, the first time I try to use my finger to touch the screen the first time it won't respond. Generally the second time it will but never the first. If I switch back to the pen for a second more it happens again.
Mainly frustrating due to me switching between pen and finger a lot because the pen always tries to hit the period like 5 times when I only tap it once (I think that has to do with the placement of the speaker behind the screen).
This is still the best ROM, just weird since this unresponsive nature when using the finger only occurs here and not on any of the other leaks. And this happens after 2x wipe, clear and formats even while the ROM is still stock.

This actually happens on all ROMs to some extent. If you turn on the touch indicator on Developer Options, you'll see that it doesn't register the first touch after not being the screen hasn't been touched for a while or if you switch between the pen and your finger. Also if you repeatedly tap the screen, it'll stop registering the touches. I think we'd need a version of the holokernel we have for GB.

I guess they could be unrelated, but I don't think so.

Reactions: lessthanzach

ryanbmw51

Jun 9, 2011
Winter Park, FL
When using SMS popup, it will send the text, but the SMS program will show that it failed to send, however they do go though. Just anoying.

Other then that, no issues sending/receiving text messages at all for me.

The only real bug I have at the moment, other then having to use the web to buy apps, is the contact issues. That's the only one that acutally impacts me.

You are spot on. I installed SMS popup and then issues began. Totally forgot!!!!

lessthanzach

May 23, 2008
Redding, CA
This actually happens on all ROMs to some extent. If you turn on the touch indicator on Developer Options, you'll see that it doesn't register the first touch after not being the screen hasn't been touched for a while or if you switch between the pen and your finger. Also if you repeatedly tap the screen, it'll stop registering the touches. I think we'd need a version of the holokernel we have for GB.

I guess they could be unrelated, but I don't think so.

Hmmm. Interesting, I was on the revamped ROM for a whole day (lol) and I never noticed it. Interesting though. Could be the next leak well have this fixed. Definitely didn't notice it on GB. Thanks for the input.

thefusz

Mar 20, 2011
Toronto
Im having a issue with exchange email. I can send thru gmail and hotmail but when i send using exchange it just stays in the outbox. Has anyone experienced this before. Worked on SP fine.

Johnsondr80

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Tuscaloosa

We are going to call it the zach-touch-effect.
:D

Common DG. Give me that link man. I'm ready for it

i897 on ICS special edition using tapatalk.

rayandreas

Oct 11, 2011
bakersfield ca
Is anyone else having problems, sending or receiving text messages

** Edited **

I don't get text messages??

Sent from my LG v909 using XDA

if for some reason you still cant get your texting to work after wiping everything please consider using a third party app like go sms. this rom is too sweet to let go off. then, we can just wait for a nice update and go from there...

Seraphim rocks!

n00b1269

Feb 18, 2010
Charleston, WV
Only problem i have found is the app battleships won't work. When i try to connect to ny gf's skyrocket via BT it freezes and seems to hot reboot (one vibrate. Screen all back cept the top bar. After a min or so two vibrate and lock screen) then i unlock and it says it fc

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
weird thing with iphone

Just want to throw this out. My hubby is an iphone 3gs user, I am an android phone user for the last year or so. We have never had a problem sending or receiving sms or mms to each other. So this was odd.

I am on Seraphim first flight with gallery fix and 15 toggle mod installed.

I was checking my emails on my computer and came across one with no subject- suspicious-I looked closer and it is from my husband's ph #@mms.att.net, with his short sms message attached.

So I sent him a text from my note asking if he emailed me that message, or was it a text cause I received it on my email.

He sent it via his iphone sms as a text message. He followed it up with a 2nd text which did come over my note as a text, and we sent 1 more to and from each other with no further problem.

Just thought I would post this rather odd switcheroo! Not sure is it has anything to do with the 15 toggle mod or ICS, or just iphone/android incompatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CollectiveLogo2.png

The Collective Proudly Presents
    'Seraphim Mesosphere REMIX!'

*DISCLAIMER*
    You do this knowing all risks involved with flashing a ROM.
    No member of The Collective is responsible for any permanent damage.
    Also on an important this pertains to the Samsung ics Kernels permently Damaging the internal sdcard.
    If this happens to you don't bother asking me. There's nothing I can do!

SeraphimShowcaseOP.jpg

*Read This Entire Post Completely Then Read it Again*
    *WARNING*
    -Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU flash an unsupported kernel. (The Only supported kernel right now is what is shipped)
    -Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU restore apps and/or data and/or system settings from Titanium Backup or Mybackup etc.
    -Do Not ask for ETA on the next release
    -Do Not ask for help if you didn't full wipe before coming from a different rom!
    -Do Not Flame at all in this thread. It will not be tolerated and will be reported.

What is it you ask?
    -A Work in Progress-Striping Away the Samsung TouchWiz styles to reveal the true ICS that lingers underneith while trying to retain much of the TW features we all know and love. AKA an order of Touchwiz, hold the ugly!!
    -This is customized build of ICS leak for AT&T Galaxy Note i717
    -Collective Tools app with OTA features (Some features disabled as this is still a WIP)
    -OTA updates.
    -SolidExplorer File Manager
    -Titanium Backup
    -ASOP customized apps (to work with Samsung Chandes and files)
    -Tons of Features in Collective Tools in the Settings Menu
    -Ability to download and install Nova Launcher, Launcher2 or Trebuchet Launcher along side the default launcher.
    -Much more and much more to come

SERAPHIM MESOSPHERE WILL NOT WIPE YOUR DATA AUTOMATICALLY. YOU NEED TO WIPE ALL AND FORMAT SYSTEM/DATA/AND CACHE!

How To:
    1. Back Up your Stuff.
    2. DO A COMPLETE WIPE! DATA/CACHE/AND DALVIK
    3. FORMAT DATA/CACHE/AND SYSTEM! BEFORE FLASHING MESOSPHERE!
    4. Flash .zip in recovery
    5. FLASH GAPPS IN RECOVERY!
    5. Allow full first boot,
    6. Restore Your TiBu -APPS ONLY
    7. Add your google account info and accept statusbar notified permission request.
    8. Open Collective Tools from Settings Menu and make it your own.
    9. Rate the thread and hit some "Thanks" buttons!

6-15-12
    Fixed low sound issue
    Fixed so sound on call issue
    Added Collective Custom live wallpaper
    Fixed 4g icons in SystemUI to show correct data connection
    Revamped Custom Bootanimation
    Removed Beats Audio
    Ota setup and operational(Thank you Johnsondr80)
    Mucho Themes by the themeing Ninja's(Fezzy, Ruger, EE, and Johnsondr80):D
    Fresh new build off 6-14-12 repo sync CM9/AOSP master
    First CM9 rom with working ATT visual voicemail
    Fully stable and daily driver ready!

6-12-12
    Changelog:
    Based of AOSP/CM9 quincyatt sourceHere
    And msm8660 commonHere
    Compiled On My Linux Machine
    Featuring Beats Audio
    Apex Launcher
    Nova Launcher
    SGS3 Launcher
    Xperia Launcher
    Svoice
    DSMITTY OTA in settings(THANKS DSMITTY! YOU DA MAN!)
    Custom Wallpaper
    Custom Bootanimation
    SD Card and kernel tweaks
    USB Mounting works flawlessly
    Data/app enabled to include:
    Titanium Backup
    Adobe Flash Player
    FileManager2
    Memo(S-pen works!)
    And Much More to Come!

KNOWN BUGS:?
    Might experience no sound on one call(recieving or outgoing) I'm not sure as i havent experienced this bug yet.. But I'm working on it..:D

5-22-12
    ChangeLog:
    More of the TW styling removed
    Framework enhancements
    SystemUi enhancements
    Updated ApexLauncher to 1.2.0
    Updated ICSWigets
    Added Kernel From Mohan
    Designed Custom Boot animation
    init.d Scripts Added customized and tweeked just for you.
    Customized Moddified MMS
    Newly added Wallpapers to the collective collection
    Overhaul settings apk to shortcut teathering
    Electrons Native Teathering Mod
    More Black-n-blue out system apps.
    GooglePartnerSetup readded
    Rewritten and Redesigned UpdaterScript for package to be user friendly as possible.
    If i think of more i have left out here i will add it tomorrow. its 3am here and i am tired.

4-30-12
    ChangeLog:
    New ASOPContacts- fully working
    Added Collective Walls Chooser - hold the nasty zoom effects
    systemui enhancements
    Framework enhancements
    Rolled back market to a working version and broke updating.
    Added awsome widgets made by Blackgin

Known Issues and Solutions to Non-Issues:
    * fixed - Contacts crashes when adding a new contact. Workaround - Add contacts via web browser to your Google account.
    (This is being worked on and hopefully will be fixed in the next 48 hours)
    * fixed - Found a bug that doesn't let you set your lockscreen wallpaper
    * fixed - If you cannot power down or reboot, reboot to recovery and Wipe Cache Partition and you should be good to go.
    NEW
    *Fixed - If you are making an outbound Call at the same time you recive a incoming call it freezes and force closes. Find a fix here
    *FIXED - If you get a play store has stoped pop up...just clear app data cache for the playstore. it will be fine after that.
    1. If some widgets don't fit go to Menu> Apex Settings> Homescreen Settings> and change Portrait grid to have at least 6 columns.
    2. Instagram crashes like mad and doesn't work. I dont care about this one.
    3. Feather Making it hard to read some text. Fix it by flashing this HERE and get your molt on!
    4. Is so slick it will make you wanna slap your grandma!

Credits and Thanks: (In no particular order)
    Cyanogenmod team
    Codeworks
    Johnsondr80
    dman3285
    dsmitty166
    fezzy102
    flappjaxxx
    Ruger94
    ee23hd2
    DAGr8
    rasroygbiv
    Nunhugger
    ashies7
    cwhitney24
    Gio22
    Trevino07
    Tx Redneck
    mrhaley30705
    Pick A Name
    studacris
    Zelendel
    JoeDV
    Sybregunne
    AngelDeath
    crypted
    blackgin*
    The Collective of course!
    Let me know if I forgot anyone!
    The XDA community as a whole!
    Current Downloads-*Newest on Top*
    Download Seraphim-Mesospere-REMIX
    Seraphim-Mesospere-REMIX.zip md5sum= E090A0F1B5F195AE62B23EE6DCECA9D9
    M111ih.qrcode

Download Seraphim-Gapps
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Download Seraphim-Stratosphere
    Seraphim-Stratosphere.zip md5sum = BBE19C8F2A1DE3E212B155DA9B879C67
    Download Mirror 1

Ja0xV3.qrcode

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Download Seraphim-Troposphere
    Seraphim-Troposphere.zip - MD5=62FFBFDD395EA2E01038DF812879AB21
    Mirror1 < In need of this Soon
    A QRcode for downloading
    IBTJC5.Troposphere.png

Download Seraphim-FirstFlight
    Seraphim-FirstFlight.zip md5sum = c350400e974f4691f45bc5568a4b8fe1
    Download Mirror 1

MODS AND EXTRAS!

Seraphim-S-Note
    Seraphim-S-Voice
    Gallery3d
    Made For and tested on Seraphim

i897 on ICS special edition using tapatalk.
    Added another High Speed mirror download on Community Release.

You can find it here...

Seraphim Homepage on community Release.

Direct download from Community Release.
    Reserved by me!
    This is worth it

This is a modified logprovider that filters out mms/sms from call logs.seems to maybe have fixed the dialer fc.
    Download:Logsprovider.apk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2