Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
  3. Full hardware key rebinding!
  4. Keyboard rotation
  5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
  • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
  • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
  • Google+ [link]
  • Twitter [link]
  • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
For Most Users
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
  • Download the latest build from [here]
  • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
  • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
  • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the rom source code.
Kernel source can be found here

Last edited:

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
How To Install SlimBean
For Most Users
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
  • !recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog [here]

FAQ
Check out our FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place! Take a peek [here]

Bug list
For a list of confirmed bugs look [here]

Thanks!
Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
You can find the full list of credits [here]

Source
Please visit [here] for the source code.

Last edited:

v36sedan

Jun 5, 2011
Will this create a folder 0 on the sd?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

danstar

Sep 7, 2011
Delphos, OH
So far so good. I had the same data issue that is happening with the other two 4.2.1 roms that are out there. For some reason on the 4.2.1 roms, the cdma subscription switches to NV. When that happens you lose all data connection. Just have to go in under settings and switch it back to ruim/sim and all is good. Excellent work on the rom. Is there going to be a dark theme for the 4.2.1 like there was for the 3.1. I mean dark theme for the gmail, email, and messaging apps? I can live with the white back grounds, but really enjoyed the dark like there was on 3.1.

Reactions: skillzo1

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
So far so good. I had the same data issue that is happening with the other two 4.2.1 roms that are out there. For some reason on the 4.2.1 roms, the cdma subscription switches to NV. When that happens you lose all data connection. Just have to go in under settings and switch it back to ruim/sim and all is good. Excellent work on the rom. Is there going to be a dark theme for the 4.2.1 like there was for the 3.1. I mean dark theme for the gmail, email, and messaging apps? I can live with the white back grounds, but really enjoyed the dark like there was on 3.1.

Yes there will be Dark Slim in due time. For now you can find the JustinBean inverted galls, 4.2 version. They work just fine, make sure under extras you choose the Inverted Multi DPI Play Store.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

danstar

Sep 7, 2011
Delphos, OH
Yes there will be Dark Slim in due time. For now you can find the JustinBean inverted galls, 4.2 version. They work just fine, make sure under extras you choose the Inverted Multi DPI Play Store.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I was going to try the JustinBean inverts, but wasn't sure if they were compatible. Thank you again so very much for all your hard work, time, and effort.

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
Hi guys - can you help me out? I'm not getting data. I changed the CDMA subscription to ruim/sim as suggested above, but no data. Did a clean flash of course and flashed the slim gapps. Also rebooted, tried airplane mode.

Thanks ahead

Stashtrey

Dec 18, 2011
Hi guys - can you help me out? I'm not getting data. I changed the CDMA subscription to ruim/sim as suggested above, but no data. Did a clean flash of course and flashed the slim gapps. Also rebooted, tried airplane mode.

Thanks ahead

Likewise... everything else looks amazing. No data. Did all of the above. Phone works... no data/internet connection.

Hoping there is a fix as 4.2 slim is all I really want on my phone.

danstar

Sep 7, 2011
Delphos, OH

Thanks ahead

two other things to check. check to make sure that the box for mobile data access is checked on, and that the preferred network mode is correct.

Reactions: glensta

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
two other things to check. check to make sure that the box for mobile data access is checked on, and that the preferred network mode is correct.

I did, it was checked on and had the lte/cdma network defaulted. Still no go.

Side Question: Anyone know if Youtube video playback works and/or video playback on the native video player or any video player for that matter?

danstar

Sep 7, 2011
Delphos, OH
I did, it was checked on and had the lte/cdma network defaulted. Still no go.

Side Question: Anyone know if Youtube video playback works and/or video playback on the native video player or any video player for that matter?

other than checking to see if your phone number and IMEI numbers are still there, I am stumped. I would say check those items and try rebooting again. If that doesn't work, you may have had a bad flash and might want to try flashing again. I am up and running. Only thing I can't find is the option to set lock screen targets....

Stashtrey

Dec 18, 2011
other than checking to see if your phone number and IMEI numbers are still there, I am stumped. I would say check those items and try rebooting again. If that doesn't work, you may have had a bad flash and might want to try flashing again. I am up and running. Only thing I can't find is the option to set lock screen targets....

Tried everything. Will re-flash and hope that sorts it out. 4.2 is NICE. I've been using a TW rom as a change from using AOSP for nearly a year between this phone and my Nexus. Trying out 4.2 and going back to slim was such a nice change.

Will report back either way.

Thanks as usual to the dev's on this and all other ROM's. :good:

pimpmaneaton

Inactive Recognized Contributor

Where do you go to change I to ruim/sim. I dont see that option under mobile networks. Also no settings in *#*#4636#*#* seem to be working either.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Stashtrey

Dec 18, 2011
Re-flashed... full wipe... no dice. Same thing.

I'm flashing the ROM, Gapps, 'extras', Voicedailer/GoogeNow etc.

Maybe I should just flash rom and gapps?

The 0 file thing kinda confuses me too.

Will keep on trying. Hope someone figures it out before I give up!

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Ah ha!

Just flashed rom and gapps only and that seems to have fixed it for me.

danstar

Sep 7, 2011
Delphos, OH
Where do you go to change I to ruim/sim. I dont see that option under mobile networks. Also no settings in *#*#4636#*#* seem to be working either.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

It wasn't under mobile network for me either at first. then I did a reboot and it was there.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Ah ha!

Just flashed rom and gapps only and that seems to have fixed it for me.

Good. Glad you are up and running!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Status Update...

I've been pretty busy at work, 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day (outside/Texas/HOT!). So I am pretty beat to say the least. Just want to let everyone know that 4.3 IS currently being worked on, we have it booted and running on Nexus devices, so the rest will follow suit shortly :good:

also, the CDMA d2 devices (d2spr/d2vzw/d2usc) will be getting a new maintainer. I currently have 8 devices and its just to much to juggle with family and work. Plus I don't have a d2 any more and new maintainer does. If he wants to/ready to announce himself, then he can do so, or we will have a formal announcement later, as well as threads transferred. I want to Thank you all for supporting me and Slim, as well as helping me and each other with your devices and the threads. You guys are GREAT and are what makes all this worth it. Without your support the fun is gone, and it can become almost meaningless, job like :( This is definitely not the case here though! Not to get all mushy, but you guys have made this experience well worth it :good: just wanted to say "Thank You" and i hope to see ALL of you on a like device soon ;)

Thanks
    Well guys and girls, I have some good news, and some not so good news.

The good news is I switched back to sprint (verizon really pissed me off yesterday!). What this means is since my d2vzw wont work on Sprint, and I didnt want to sign a 2 year agreement and get a year old device. I got the galaxy S 4 :D

However, I will continue to push builds out for the GS3 for both verizon and sprint. And contimue to assist nicklovell23 with his un-official builds of SlimROM for d2usc, located @ Rootz. I will however need some "official" testers for d2vzw and d2spr as I cant whip something up and flash it real quick. I know I have some regulars that I send builds to, then some of you who know where my dev-host is. But we need to organize this a little better ;) I am going to need about 3 testers for each version sprint/verizon. To be a official tester you must be able to produce a LOGCAT (very important), download and install test builds within reasonable time (not 2 days later), willing to test the whole ROM (not just the cool things). Communication will be a must, I know sometimes it seems like I disappear, but I do have a life, lol. Even if I am not posting in the threads, more than likely I am doing something for Slim. Many posts go un-answered because the question was answered 2 pages prior! Also you guys rock on helping each-other out, I appreciate that. :good: So nothing will change with my move, just the test side will become more organized, and that is a good thing.

That said, If you would like to be a "Official" tester please PM me. In the subject let me know what device, d2vzw/spr. Also, please dont contact me if you dont have the ability, but want to learn. As much as I want to help, I dont have time to teach testers how to produce a LOGCAT or last_kmsg. There are plenty of guides out on the interwebz that will teach you basic debug skills.

SlimROM WILL continue to be supported on the GS3 by me and Team Slim. My switching carrier and device does not effect the ROM for GS3 at all.
    I enjoyed working with you all, we had some good times here in this thread. I look forward to continuing this, dont feel like I am abandoning you. This phone was my favourite device to date!

more important then before, if you find a bug in Slim. It MUST be explained how it can be reproduced (after a FULL wipe has been done), as well as a Logcat provided!!!
    Yes I am. And I'm excited to be here.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    I know Im probably late to the party, but build 6 has been released!