Htc evo lte

Search This thread

Lolanerd

Mar 8, 2012
So, my mom is getting her upgrade in 2 weeks and I was thinking of giving her my gs3 and getting an evo. I like the build quality, screen, and camera, and its something new. I just wanted to know if anyone that owns an evo has any input on whether I should do this. Also, it'd be cool if you guys knew anything that makes this phone significantly superior to the evo (other than dev support)

xTmDarren

Dec 2, 2007
Kannapolis, NC
i came from the evoLTE to the GS3 and if I were you I would stick with the GS3 or get the note2.. or.. get the note2 and let me buy it from you and ill give you my GS3 plus cash:cool: .. Anyways the reason I stayed with the GS3 is because my EvoLTE had the bend problem. Like so many others have had. Also the kickstand always wanted to come unscrewed. Plus the GS3 is just so much smoother, and the EvoLTE external speaker sucks compared to the GS3.

Of course I did like the phyical camera button on the EvoLTE. Plus the screen was beautiful. But like I said before.. The build quality might look better in person. But if you put the two against each other head to head the GS3 will come out on top because plastic is always more giving.

Reactions: Lolanerd

scott_0

Jun 21, 2012
I actually just came from the lte, great phone but doesnt compare to the GSIII, which really surprised me. I loved HTC devices after the original evo served me well, I moved onto the Epic touch and it was a terrible experience for me, gps and location services were soooooo bad with that phone, it made me swear off ever owning another Samsung device. I ended up getting the evo lte in August, which I promptly rooted (biggest pain in the a$$) well the screen starting going whack few weeks ago, returned it to Best Buy and because they didnt have any evos they replaced it with a GSIII, I was and still am blown away by this device, Samsung has a beast on their hands with this thing!! imo the GSIII is a better device, and I was team HTC all the way until the day I got the GSIII ;)

lord dredd

Apr 4, 2011
dont : i personally like evo lte more than s3 ( yeah i know : shoot me ;) )
but evo lte always gave me great data speed and 0 signal loss .

but memory is low on that phone and htc is messing with users since jb update , making it freakin hard foe S-On folks.

my advise wait another month and see whats s4 is gonna be , or get a note 2 : ace phone

bog3nator

Dec 23, 2008
Lubbock
Exactly.

Though I've seen and played with the LTE, and basically an evo 4g on 'roids. I've seen more people leave the LTE to come to the G S III. Also, seen people have signal issue due to the aluminum chassis and backing.

That's what I did. This phone has way better support and updates from Samsung. HTC is totally not caring about the development community. There kernel source for jelly bean isn't even out yet and the phone had had it for over a month

Anthraxed FreeGS3 @ 1.51 Ghz
Faster then your 2.1 ;)

xblackvalorx

Oct 27, 2011
So, my mom is getting her upgrade in 2 weeks and I was thinking of giving her my gs3 and getting an evo. I like the build quality, screen, and camera, and its something new. I just wanted to know if anyone that owns an evo has any input on whether I should do this. Also, it'd be cool if you guys knew anything that makes this phone significantly superior to the evo (other than dev support)

I can tell you the gs3 camera with ma6 kills the lte. Our screen is less sharp but colors are truer. Battery life on the Samsung's are better.
I've owned both and definitely prefer the lte

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why dont you just post in the lte forums then...?

Sent from my PG06100

Exactly.

Though I've seen and played with the LTE, and basically an evo 4g on 'roids. I've seen more people leave the LTE to come to the G S III. Also, seen people have signal issue due to the aluminum chassis and backing.
    Why dont you just post in the lte forums then...?

Sent from my PG06100
    Because I don't want people just saying that the evo is God's gift to mankind when they can't compare it to a gs3

Well they would be able to give you specifics more than anyone here haha
    And I'm pretty sure that not everyone is satisfied with it, seeing all the phones that are coming soon ;)

Sent from my PG06100
    i came from the evoLTE to the GS3 and if I were you I would stick with the GS3 or get the note2.. or.. get the note2 and let me buy it from you and ill give you my GS3 plus cash:cool: .. Anyways the reason I stayed with the GS3 is because my EvoLTE had the bend problem. Like so many others have had. Also the kickstand always wanted to come unscrewed. Plus the GS3 is just so much smoother, and the EvoLTE external speaker sucks compared to the GS3.

Of course I did like the phyical camera button on the EvoLTE. Plus the screen was beautiful. But like I said before.. The build quality might look better in person. But if you put the two against each other head to head the GS3 will come out on top because plastic is always more giving.
    I actually just came from the lte, great phone but doesnt compare to the GSIII, which really surprised me. I loved HTC devices after the original evo served me well, I moved onto the Epic touch and it was a terrible experience for me, gps and location services were soooooo bad with that phone, it made me swear off ever owning another Samsung device. I ended up getting the evo lte in August, which I promptly rooted (biggest pain in the a$$) well the screen starting going whack few weeks ago, returned it to Best Buy and because they didnt have any evos they replaced it with a GSIII, I was and still am blown away by this device, Samsung has a beast on their hands with this thing!! imo the GSIII is a better device, and I was team HTC all the way until the day I got the GSIII ;)