S4 Verizon KitKat Root?

Search This thread
Jan 1, 2014
There is no root for the ota, nc5. There are already threads in the general section about this update that answers this question several times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: HeyRobi

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
No native tethering yet

There is no root for the ota, nc5. There are already threads in the general section about this update that answers this question several times.

@HeyRobi: half True there's no native rooting or tethering yet (foxfi and custom roms work tho) but there's a thread under development section that can downgrade part of you and then root u then re upgrade u to custom rooted 4.4,2 not roms or there's nc5 prerooted roms to flash thru safestrap check out my thread if you have questions or concerns feel free to ask in the thread:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

HeyRobi

May 25, 2007
@HeyRobi: half True there's no native rooting or tethering yet (foxfi and custom roms work tho) but there's a thread under development section that can downgrade part of you and then root u then re upgrade u to custom rooted 4.4,2 not roms or there's nc5 prerooted roms to flash thru safestrap check out my thread if you have questions or concerns feel free to ask in the thread:fingers-crossed:

so I looked at your link and seems like some people are struggling so I haven't tried it yet. Are we any closer to a simple root. I don't necessarily need to install a recovery just want root. And by the way thanks for posting the link.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tech_head

so I looked at your link and seems like some people are struggling so I haven't tried it yet. Are we any closer to a simple root. I don't necessarily need to install a recovery just want root. And by the way thanks for posting the link.

You may be out of luck.
The method is easy but it will wipe your phone.
There is a chance yo could be waiting for a looong time.

HeyRobi

May 25, 2007
So if I'm OK with wiping it works. Everything will work?

joeguy0326

May 9, 2014

I don't see your link to get to the thread? Where is it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No native tethering yet

I don't see your link to get to the thread? Where is it?

This is the link to the thread he was referring to
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2720163