Lock Screen Lag/Delay/Unresponsive?

Search This thread

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
I have a FIX FELLAS! After 5 re-flashes..... going to stock.... re-loading all my apps (A Whole lot), flashing different versions of the blaze kernel, and going insane. Raw2000j suggested a fix I really thought was another goose chase. Here is the fix....... Flash the Faux 003 Kernel for S5 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2737704 . Uninstall all kernel apps.... setcpu, faux, trickster mod..... all that crap. Reboot the darn phone......... FIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXEEEEEDDDD! FIXED! Hellz yeah........ I will take my thanks by you pressing the thank you button at the bottom left of the screen. Guys...... spread the work..... They cannot keep us down when we stick together and help our fellow modder's. Raw helped me...... I spent hr's pist over this and begging people to help me...... so please help someone else guys! Make sure you help at least one person..... Or it just isn't right, and you are a greedy, horrible person..... Thanks..... Billt4spd ;) :p ;) :eek: :D :) :silly: :victory: :cool::cool::cool:

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

Read my new post fella!
I run stock and unrooted, on jump program cannot trip Knox. So this is no solution for people like me. On another note, I can reproduce problem after streaming music via bluetooth for forty minutes, so…

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Billt4spd

May 24, 2014
Fix

I run stock and unrooted, on jump program cannot trip Knox. So this is no solution for people like me. On another note, I can reproduce problem after streaming music via bluetooth for forty minutes, so…

Search the forum for the thread that would allow root without a KNOX trip...... yes.... there is one now. By the way..... screw it...... who gives 2 craps anyway..... just get it over with. Oh! Hey, T-mobile has not released the new firmware, buy you can odin it and not trip KNOX becaus it is a factory update...... good hook-up for ya bro..... and flash the old nch modem when you are done because it is twice as fast. That is why they will not release it.... because the modem in the new one is slower...... but you will not trip COCX.... I mean knox (Sorry...lol!) by only Odining factory firmware fella. Turn off.... Geo News and S Health..... also, turn off battery saver. That is all you can do bro..... My issue is gone...... thank you GOD!

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
I don't know of a non trip Knox root method.

Search the forum for the thread that would allow root without a KNOX trip...... yes.... there is one now. By the way..... screw it...... who gives 2 craps anyway..... just get it over with. Oh! Hey, T-mobile has not released the new firmware, buy you can odin it and not trip KNOX becaus it is a factory update...... good hook-up for ya bro..... and flash the old nch modem when you are done because it is twice as fast. That is why they will not release it.... because the modem in the new one is slower...... but you will not trip COCX.... I mean knox (Sorry...lol!) by only Odining factory firmware fella. Turn off.... Geo News and S Health..... also, turn off battery saver. That is all you can do bro..... My issue is gone...... thank you GOD!

It is my understanding that the new s5's are hardwired with the Knox in a chip, maybe I was misinformed? As far as I know right now, any root method will trip Knox. As far as the factory update goes, reading the small list of problems it addresses, this one (black screen), is not addressed. Furthermore, the problem does not seem to affect everybody who is using this phone. So, what is needed is some sort of identifying number to determine if it's one certain production version, to narrow down exactly what is wrong. At this point I can reproduce the problem without fail when streaming music via bluetooth (pandora), for an extended period of time then trying to access the screen. Another issue with the streaming via bluetooth to a car radio is if the screen is off for an extended period, the music stream will occasionally start to hiccup or stutter. The problem goes away after about fifteen seconds but still, could it also be related to the problem? Who knows? I'm sure some even more geeky and learned than myself will probably get to the root of the issue if they also experience this specific problem. Until then, I will wait and see if Samsung or T Mobile address it. If not.....Jump! After all I did not buy a phone to constantly be diagnosing it, fixing it, trying this and that, paying hundreds of dollars for on top of monthly fees to use it, I bought it to use and get on with my duty's in life. :eek:

scorchedsky

Aug 28, 2012
I'm hoping the fact this thread hasn't been bumped in a while means fewer people are experiencing this bug...

Personally, I haven't seen it since updating to NE5 firmware with the Alliance B2 ROM (I'm guessing NE5 fixes the problem)...just a word of advice to anyone that hasn't updated and is still experiencing this intermittently...

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
Did the trick for me!

I'm hoping the fact this thread hasn't been bumped in a while means fewer people are experiencing this bug...

Personally, I haven't seen it since updating to NE5 firmware with the Alliance B2 ROM (I'm guessing NE5 fixes the problem)...just a word of advice to anyone that hasn't updated and is still experiencing this intermittently...

Everything is cool now, except the ****ty LTE speed near my house, best I can get is 4M up and down. Cleveland west side sucks, but I know it is location now because I can get slamming speeds 37 or better just three miles away! :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Enter the trolls.

I've never had none of these issues with the phone. Seems to be user errors or modifications done by user. I see a lot of post about xposed causing disruptions in system. Just cause u can do it doesn't mean its worth tinkering with.

Yes, since I don't have the problem it must be the users. Always love people who can't help but have to try to defend the phone manufacturer. The Black screen is a real problem for more than a few folks, you can google it if you don't believe me. I run a stock phone, and have made no changes, maybe I have four games on it, and have disabled some of the bloat. Recently and quite randomly, the screen will refuse to come on. Everything on the phone continues to run and it will even ring when you call it, but still the screen remains black until I pull the battery. I read that AT&T has resolved the issue and is sending out a fix as I type this. Don't know if the other carriers will follow suit or not.
    It is a inconvenience to say the least but many users have tried all the known methods available to no avail. Seems to work fine for a undetermined period and then starts acting up again. I am notifying TMO tomorrow and see if they are going to be releasing the patch. If not, I guess it will be time to jump, Again.:confused:
    Not sure if this is the root cause or not but seems to have done the trick for me so far..... I turned off auto brightness, and so far have not been able to replicate the problem, not sure though, my Note 3 would never let me use the auto brightness feature, when I would enable it on that phone the screen would always be way to bright. This one was the opposite. Could it be bad proximity sensors or the firmware that controls it? Need more people with the problem to test and report.
    I too have had the black screen issue and the only fix is pulling the battery. It has happened 2x now, once completely stock and once since I rooted!
    Black Screen of death FIX! FIX! FIX! FIX!

I have a FIX FELLAS! After 5 re-flashes..... going to stock.... re-loading all my apps (A Whole lot), flashing different versions of the blaze kernel, and going insane. Raw2000j suggested a fix I really thought was another goose chase. Here is the fix....... Flash the Faux 003 Kernel for S5 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2737704 . Uninstall all kernel apps.... setcpu, faux, trickster mod..... all that crap. Reboot the darn phone......... FIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXEEEEEDDDD! FIXED! Hellz yeah........ I will take my thanks by you pressing the thank you button at the bottom left of the screen. Guys...... spread the work..... They cannot keep us down when we stick together and help our fellow modder's. Raw helped me...... I spent hr's pist over this and begging people to help me...... so please help someone else guys! Make sure you help at least one person..... Or it just isn't right, and you are a greedy, horrible person..... Thanks..... Billt4spd ;) :p ;) :eek: :D :) :silly: :victory: :cool::cool::cool:

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

After many days of great performance, the black screen of death came back. The situation happens frequently when having long sessions of Pandora streaming through the Bluetooth sound system in my car. After a long drive and walk in the park with my dog, when I arrived home and turned off the car, I went to disable Bluetooth on the phone, Blackscreen. However, I was able to get it back this time without having to pull my battery by holding down both volume buttons with the home key and power button for about ten seconds, the phone rebooted and ran normally!
    I called T Mobile today and discussed the issue with them, I was told they are aware of the reported problem but there is really no fix as of this time, and are unsure when they will even push any kind of OTA for patching anything, let alone this issue. They said my best option at this point is to exchange the phone for something else. So I'll wait until the LG comes out and see how people feel about it, and if things look good, I will dump Samsung and not look back.
    However, Upon further research, this problem does not seem limited to the S5, I see other phones as well running Kit Kat that report that some users are having this same problem. My hunch now is it is some sort of memory error generated in the memory of the phone. Probably some bad firmware, I don't know though, and it should not be my job to solve Samsung/T Mobile's problem. Rep told me to have others keep calling and reporting the issue so that if there ever will be a update, maybe this issue will be addressed. Squeeky gear thing I guess. I will report back if I find out anything else in the meantime. :(

Read my new post fella!
    They have been checking.

You may not be aware of several people including myself where they do check, and were denied without additional fees. The more you know. :fingers-crossed: