Fullscreen support via HDMI output for devices that don't have a 16:9 aspect ratio

Search This thread

satam55

Sep 24, 2013
I found these old thread from last year in the XDA Nexus 10 forum & old MX Player forum on Google Groups:
MXplayer to support full screen HDMI!!
Nexus 10 hdmi output scaling

Did this feature ever get implemented? I also have a device that doesn't have a 16:9 aspect ratio (LG Optimus G) & would LOVE to have this feature in MX Player so I can stop using the stock LG video player app when I have my device hooked up to my TV.

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
That is correct. Casting on a mobile device is similar to using extended desktops on your PC. It's the only way to have 2 actual screens rendered at different resolutions. When the video is cast, the video itself will be rendered at the video's native resolution. And of course since most (if not all) videos these days are 16:9, it will match your TV.

satam55

Sep 24, 2013
That is correct. Casting on a mobile device is similar to using extended desktops on your PC. It's the only way to have 2 actual screens rendered at different resolutions. When the video is cast, the video itself will be rendered at the video's native resolution. And of course since most (if not all) videos these days are 16:9, it will match your TV.

Is this a feature we can expect in MX Player in the future?

satam55

Sep 24, 2013

Is there any other video player apps that can cast via HDMI output? I can't seem to get the VLC Beta app to do it.

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Not that I'm aware of; but then again, I've never had the need to do this so I wouldn't know.