[Q] Any Root for Verizon Moto X on 4.4.2?

Search This thread

droidxox

Feb 16, 2012
I've searched for recent updates or questions about this but haven't been able to find it. Just wondering if there is a root method available now for this version on Verizon. Thank you

dhru1405

Oct 10, 2011
I've searched for recent updates or questions about this but haven't been able to find it. Just wondering if there is a root method available now for this version on Verizon. Thank you

other thn pie there is no root available. but be careful with PIE... i lost my LTE with pie.. i turned it off to save battery and when I turned it back on.. it wouldnt go to 4G LTE only 4G

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
other thn pie there is no root available. but be careful with PIE... i lost my LTE with pie.. i turned it off to save battery and when I turned it back on.. it wouldnt go to 4G LTE only 4G

4G LTE is the only 4G available for verizon. There is nothing else.

On AT&T and other GSM providers, HSPA+ is considered "4G" and so is LTE, but in the case of Verizon:

4G = 4G LTE = LTE they are all one and the same. The fallback for 4G on Verizon is 3G

3G = EVDO = EHRPD these are all the same. EHRPD is an enhanced version of EVDO that allows seamless handovers from LTE > EVDO while keeping the same IP address.

Likely, you just somehow changed your icon....or you are using a GSM Moto X, in which case your scenario does not apply to the OP.

dhru1405

Oct 10, 2011
4G LTE is the only 4G available for verizon. There is nothing else.

On AT&T and other GSM providers, HSPA+ is considered "4G" and so is LTE, but in the case of Verizon:

4G = 4G LTE = LTE they are all one and the same. The fallback for 4G on Verizon is 3G

3G = EVDO = EHRPD these are all the same. EHRPD is an enhanced version of EVDO that allows seamless handovers from LTE > EVDO while keeping the same IP address.

Likely, you just somehow changed your icon....or you are using a GSM Moto X, in which case your scenario does not apply to the OP.

that's interesting because before I did have the LTE icon. but it's back now I don't know what happened but I had to do a soft reboot not the normal reboot

doitinthedirt

Mar 31, 2014
Pie is So EASy to use... I didn't realize how simple using the android ADB is.... great tutorial here http://www.howtogeek.com/125769/how-to-install-and-use-abd-the-android-debug-bridge-utility/

You have have to download the java 7 sdk for it to work.. I think... I just did what it said. but still easy.. took me 10 minutes to read that simple how to article and everything went fine. Running Pie is 4 copy and paste commands... so simple a caveman could to it. takes less than a minute. and you have write or the ability to delete system files or rename them.. but when you reboot everything is back to the way it was before you rooted.. so you have to hook back up to the pc and run those 4 Pie root commands again to gain root again.. but simple stuff.

4.4.2 sucks, but Pie works on it. I have 4.4 on my Moto X and rooted with slapmymoto it permanent root and no problems with it. Its my brothers moto x that I just rooted with 4.4.2 Having to reroot every time you reboot the phone is a pain in the rear. Im still able to run the hotspot hacks on the Pie rooted 4.4.2 and works well

No loss of LTE.. I'm on verizons unlimited data and use it for wifi hotspot using it now.. downloaded the android adb 350 meg file in about 3 minutes plenty of speed to stream netflix

Last edited: