TWRP Installer (Obsolete)

Search This thread

Vashypooh

Jun 29, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Hi all, as promised here is my utility for installing TWRP. Once you have TWRP you can flash anything you want, and can get permanent root.

This tool REQUIRES BurritoRoot which can be found: Click Here

Currently the tool does:

• Resets ADB to root with BurritoRoot
  • Auto download and install TWRP Recovery + FireFireFire.

The Installer does come with the drivers incase they are needed.

Please note: If your device can't be seen in fastboot mode, please make sure to install the drivers packaged with this, as it will show up afterwards. You can use the install_drivers.bat with the device plugged in for this.

Usage should be straight forward for the tool. If you are having issues with something, please post.

I make no claim that this tool is perfect, but I certainly will do my best to support it as long as people like it.

Here are some screen-shots of it:

twrp_1.png

twrp_2.png

twrp_3.png

twrp_4.png

twrp_5.png

Credits goto:

Root Work by Jcase @ Rootzwiki, gj man
Batch scripting Vashypooh @ Xda
TWRP / FireFireFire to TeamWin

Please leave a message if this tool does not help you, malfunctions, or just to say thank you, or request more features!

Don't forget to donate to teamwin for their awesome recovery system over at: Team Win Website

Don't forget to donate to Jcase over at Rootzwiki for his awesome exploit!

Downloads:

Current Release

Version .1 = Click Here

Old Releases

Bug Fixes

Version .1 = Initial Release.

Known Tricks

If you end up stuck at the yellow triangle, in KF Utility select Boot Normal, wait for it to say and then press and hold the power button 20 seconds until the fire turns off, then when its off turn it back on. This sometimes happens, I have yet to find a clean solution :(

If I helped you out, please consider donating!

Need Live Help?

Kindle Fire IRC

Please visit there, and I may be able to help. I do work Swing shifts (4pm-midnight EST) so I may have some weird hours unless work schedule permits.

Last edited:

bluenadas

Apr 13, 2011
Houston
will it break again, after update to new verison

If you are running a version of Amazon's ROM then yes. Until someone pulls the update engine out of the ROM, and maintains the operation of Amazon's apps then this will continue to occur. If you would rather avoid the issue, flash cm7 or something other than Amazon's ROM.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Reactions: ygvuhb

liquidicem

Apr 30, 2010
The Root APK is posted on Rootzwiki now. I haven't tried it yet myself, but other have confirmed that it works.

Vashypooh

Jun 29, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Last edited:
Reactions: emelie and markcyst

ajpatel

Apr 6, 2009
Stuck at yellow triangle screen that says press power button for recovery and your installer window looks like this:
JozQB.jpg

I rebooted the device as well - no luck. Stuck at this window. Looks like bootmode is stuck?

Ideas?

trapdogg

Oct 2, 2009
same but

Stuck at yellow triangle screen that says press power button for recovery and your installer window looks like this:
JozQB.jpg

I rebooted the device as well - no luck. Stuck at this window. Looks like bootmode is stuck?

Ideas?

im at kindle fire boot screen (KINDLE FIRE 6.2.1)

update- hit the next button kindle reset but not root
update update- tried twice but no go (kindle fire ver 6.2.1_user_3103920)

Last edited:

mrw1215

Mar 25, 2011
Can I use this if if I did the SuperOneClick root method already (I'm not on 6.2.1)? I didn't use whatever BurritoRoot is, as I figured I'm already rooted, so...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, as promised here is my utility for installing TWRP. Once you have TWRP you can flash anything you want, and can get permanent root.

This tool REQUIRES BurritoRoot which can be found: Click Here

Currently the tool does:

• Resets ADB to root with BurritoRoot
    • Auto download and install TWRP Recovery + FireFireFire.

The Installer does come with the drivers incase they are needed.

Please note: If your device can't be seen in fastboot mode, please make sure to install the drivers packaged with this, as it will show up afterwards. You can use the install_drivers.bat with the device plugged in for this.

Usage should be straight forward for the tool. If you are having issues with something, please post.

I make no claim that this tool is perfect, but I certainly will do my best to support it as long as people like it.

Here are some screen-shots of it:

twrp_1.png

twrp_2.png

twrp_3.png

twrp_4.png

twrp_5.png

Credits goto:

Root Work by Jcase @ Rootzwiki, gj man
    Batch scripting Vashypooh @ Xda
    TWRP / FireFireFire to TeamWin

Please leave a message if this tool does not help you, malfunctions, or just to say thank you, or request more features!

Don't forget to donate to teamwin for their awesome recovery system over at: Team Win Website

Don't forget to donate to Jcase over at Rootzwiki for his awesome exploit!

Downloads:

Current Release

Version .1 = Click Here

Old Releases

Bug Fixes

Version .1 = Initial Release.

Known Tricks

If you end up stuck at the yellow triangle, in KF Utility select Boot Normal, wait for it to say and then press and hold the power button 20 seconds until the fire turns off, then when its off turn it back on. This sometimes happens, I have yet to find a clean solution :(

If I helped you out, please consider donating!

Need Live Help?

Kindle Fire IRC

Please visit there, and I may be able to help. I do work Swing shifts (4pm-midnight EST) so I may have some weird hours unless work schedule permits.
    the apk for burritoroot has been/is in the zip in the OP, for those of you waiting for no reason ;-)

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13027-universal-all-firmware-one-click-root-including-261/ the APK is posted elsewhere, my tool is not supposed to have that apk, I made a mistake in my testing of it and forgot to delete the APK.

This mistake has been corrected.

Sorry jcase.
    :confused:

Same for me...trying to use the kindle fire trick suggested but no luck so far :(

AHHH....Noticed that it doesnt recognise my Kindle anymore (yellow triangle in Device manager).

I reinstalled the driver using "have disk" and directed to the driver in the driver folder that came with the KF utility...

Working fine now :eek:

OP: I suspect this is one of the major causes for this to happen - maybe you should include this is the "known tricks" part.

Best,
    can it work in 6.2.1?

....look at screenshot and date of post.

Short answer: yes. it's supposed to work for 6.2.1.
    Yep, waiting for jcase to post his root. Tested his software and helped some. Worked fine on 6.2.1.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk