Would you recomend the Charge now?

Search This thread

tintn00

Jul 3, 2011
Are we that close to getting ICS? I thought Verizon said our phones won't be getting it?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA

njKeever

Jun 16, 2011
Thought I'd be a good OP and report back. The $10 promotion turned out to be for new customers only so I passed. But, there is a new promotion for a free Charge and it works for existing customers! I just got it in the mail an hour ago. I have CWM, Eclipse, and PBJ up and running on it. I am loving it! This is exactly what we wanted for my wife: big, beautiful screen, snappy cpu, and 4G. Thanks for all your help guys!

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Thought I'd be a good OP and report back. The $10 promotion turned out to be for new customers only so I passed. But, there is a new promotion for a free Charge and it works for existing customers! I just got it in the mail an hour ago. I have CWM, Eclipse, and PBJ up and running on it. I am loving it! This is exactly what we wanted for my wife: big, beautiful screen, snappy cpu, and 4G. Thanks for all your help guys!

Nice! haha since you love Eclipse, you should be on his new base FP1/AOSP rom, cause this is the base rom for his new release coming soon(eclipse 2.0).

njKeever

Jun 16, 2011
Nice! haha since you love Eclipse, you should be on his new base FP1/AOSP rom, cause this is the base rom for his new release coming soon(eclipse 2.0).

Not exactly sure which rom you are talking about but hook me up with a link and I'll check it out!

Also, I guess I never actually acquired root throughout the process and now it looks like the file needed is not available since MegaUpload shut down. Anyone know the quickest and easiest way to root now without undoing my current setup?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Not exactly sure which rom you are talking about but hook me up with a link and I'll check it out!

Also, I guess I never actually acquired root throughout the process and now it looks like the file needed is not available since MegaUpload shut down. Anyone know the quickest and easiest way to root now without undoing my current setup?

Here all the new roms for the latest Verizon software (FP1) and how to root the FP1. You're on GB.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1560117
Take a look at number 5.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Thanks, but I'm a little confused. Which number 5 do I want. And do I flash over my current install, need to wipe in between, etc?

The number 5 is just show you the new base rom which prep you for the future eclipse release. If you want to get there you need to do the following:
1. Custom rom upgrade to factory FP1 with root and cwm (with FP1 kernel)
After finished this step you should have factory FP1 kernel and rom with root and cwm.
2. Now just use cwm to flash fp1 deodexed/debloated/aosp eclipse (this is the base rom for future eclipse upgrade):
FP1 Deodexed/Debloated/rooted with Eclipse AOSP apps ( http://eclipserom.com/mods/click.php?id=90 )
Hope this clear enough for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well the charge really is a nice phone. The worst aspect is the dev community, but it is a very solid phone. We do have stable CM9, but no data (for now). It really depends on the money, though. If I had the money I would go for a razr maxx > galaxy nexus > razr though
    I have been using the charge for about 6 months now. I will say that out of the box it is very bloated and a bit laggy. I have tried a lot of the custom roms available and none sufficed until I started using Tweakstock 1.4 with Imnuts Peanut Butta Jelly Time kernel (I believe the TS dev even has a CWM package bundled with PBJ). The phone is silky smooth with this setup overclocked at 1200 mhz, smartass v2 governor, and deadline io scheduler. The only tethering app I've been able to get working with this setup is Barnacle Wifi Tether. It is free in the market. I was very disappointed with the phone until I discovered this setup, so maybe this post will save you some frustration.

Dev JT is currently working on an ICS build. I have flashed some of the test builds and am looking forward to the finished product. There is hope for this phone!

Sent from my Tweakstocked Charge using Tapatalk