[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 10 Thread

Search This thread

k5mitch

Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12] : Nexus 10 Thread

So I donwnloaded the new files for 4.2.2 and now stuck in bootloop. I tried to go into recovery mode (like in the video) but it wont give me the option to recover so whats next?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

rrand

Oct 29, 2011
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.2 [Updated 12/29/12] : Nexus 10 Thread

Just a little report to Wug and the developers. It can be made to root and unlock on a stock 4.2.2 as well. Just got mine today and it was preloaded. I didn't even have to do an ota update.

Thanks Wug.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

k5mitch

Well I want to return my N10 after I finally got the boot loop issue fixed. It is now unlocked but not rooted would it be safe to use the toolkit to lock? Every time I start the toolkit it wants me to select a different build. I followed wugs directions about downloading the new_adb_and_fastboot.zip for 4.2.2 but ran into problems so I'm a little hesitant on using it to relock. Any thoughts?

jsebol80

Jul 9, 2012
I'm having some trouble getting past the initial setup/driver install phase. I was able to do it in the past using the RAW method however I had to return my tablet due to some defects past what I considered acceptable. I managed to get one that meets my expectations perfectly so I'm ready to really start playing with the device some more.

Anyway the first time around I had no issue installing the drivers that come with the toolkit. However this time around I don't know if I am missing a step or something but I just can't get my PC to not automatically install drivers the moment I connect the device. I already have Driver Auto Config disabled, with the setting to never install from Windows Update enabled.

I have no problem uninstalling the device and using USBDeview to remove all drivers however I keep getting to the point during the driver install where I have to plug the device in. Normally when plugging a device in that doesn't install drivers it would appear unconfigured in the device manager and from there I would be able to tell Windows what drivers to use. However when I plug my device in it just automatically goes straight to installing the drivers on its own and asking me how I want to open the device (browse in explorer, etc.).

So at this point I'm stuck because I can't install the drivers necessary to use the Root Toolkit. If I try to "Update Drivers" and select the specified directory it just tells me Windows has already determined the drivers are up to date.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

GaleForce, I finally got mine to take.

Here's what I did:

Uninstalled WugFresh 1.6.2 completely, restarted my PC.
Downloaded and installed WugFresh1.6.2 again
Downloaded the .zip file supplied on WugFresh's website to overwrite the fastboot; ABD files.
Did another reboot

Then opened up 1.6.2 and did the driver unlock. This time upon plugging in my Nexus 10, I got the "do you want to enable ABD on this device" or something like that, clicked yes, and after that I was good to go.

I did option 1 for my driver install BTW. Hope this helped.

bigdio

Feb 23, 2013
Bootlooped 4.2.2

k5mitch How did you get out of your bootloop without factory reset recovery option? having same issue on 4.2.2

k5mitch

k5mitch How did you get out of your bootloop without factory reset recovery option? having same issue on 4.2.2

I finally got it into factory reset recovery by holding the power button and tapping the volume up button. If you are holding the tablet in portrait mode you are pushing the bottum of the volume rocker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

SayWhat10

Jun 27, 2010
Miami
www.msn.com
Yes, it will flash everything back to stock and wipe the internal storage. Flash Stock then OEM lock and it will be back to square one.

{{ WugFresh }}

Hey im unlocked and rooted with custom rom, and want to set everything back to stock (gotta send tablet back to google)
im on 4.2.2
do i need to download/update the drivers to use the revert to stock and relock feature?

or do i need, or can i just flash a 4.2.1 rom, and then proceed normally to use this toolkit to revert back to completely stock?

thanks in advance

5BIGMDGUY8

Aug 23, 2012
Please help me, wugfresh!

If anyone starts bootlooping for longer than 5 minutes after an unlock than you need to factory reset.

1. Hold down the power button to shut the device off
2. Restart the device holding all three buttons (vol up and down + power button)
3. In bootloader mode, switch the big green START to the red RECOVERY using the volume buttons
4. Enter stock recovery by pressing the power button
5. You will see an android on its back
6. Press Vol up + power button at the same time to enter the stock recovery menu
7. Select "Factory Reset" with the volume buttons and press the power button to initiate it.
8. After the factory reset your device should boot up normally.

{{ WugFresh }}

While in hospital recently, I thought it would be cool to upgrade my ROM to a newer NIGHTLY. Unfortunately, the drugs I was being fed intravenously coupled with my aging gray matter, I overlooked switching to USB debugging mode. The updated ROM & latest GAPPS loaded fine as did wiping data/cache functions...however, nothing since has worked in terms of getting my phone to reboot in any way. It still responds to simultaneous Vol Up/Vol Dn + Start Button & simultaneous Vol Dn + Start Button commands. The procedure you describe, above, does NOT work verbatim on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Please advise what exactly I can do to get my phone back to some form of working condition. :eek:
NOTE: I am a double donater to you and have, I believe, the latest version of Galaxy Nexus Toolkit installed on my Win7 PC.

Thank you!
R/bigmdguy

5BIGMDGUY8

Aug 23, 2012
Re: Please help me, wugfresh!

While in hospital recently, I thought it would be cool to upgrade my ROM to a newer NIGHTLY. Unfortunately, the drugs I was being fed intravenously coupled with my aging gray matter, I overlooked switching to USB debugging mode. The updated ROM & latest GAPPS loaded fine as did wiping data/cache functions...however, nothing since has worked in terms of getting my phone to reboot in any way. It still responds to simultaneous Vol Up/Vol Dn + Start Buttons & simultaneous Vol Dn + Start Buttons commands. The procedure you describe, above, does NOT work verbatim on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Please advise what exactly I can do to get my phone back to some form of working condition. :eek:
NOTE: I am a double donater to you and have, I believe, the latest version of Galaxy Nexus Toolkit installed on my Win7 PC.

Thank you!
R/bigmdguy

WugFresh,

Good News, dude!!! I figured it out! W/help from other posts I pulled & reinstalled the battery, then simultaneously pressed Vol Up/Vol Dn + Start Buttons, I booted into recovery mode, then wiped data & caches, then used your Galaxy Nexus Toolkit (finally figured out how to get it to recognize my soft-bricked phone), then selected #36 as my PHONE model & then selected #9 ("Download, extract +flash google factory stock ROM") and followed all instructions for downloading '.tgz' or '.tar' file & copying it verbatim to the"put_google_factory_image_here" folder, & the two [Galaxy Nexus Toolkit & my Toro SGN phone] immediately recognized one another & the electronic handshakes occurred that allowed the Google Factory Stock ROM to be downloaded, extracted, & installed to my previously soft-bricked phone. During that process, one 'yes' checkpoint confirmed the action to completely erase data & partitions. Once all of the files were downloaded & installed, the phone booted into the newly minted OS and, voila, my phone now works good as new! :good:

Thank you!
R/bigmdguy

Last edited:

syraz

Jul 14, 2010
Portland

used your program on my gnex when I had that with no issue, but with n10, after it gets unlocked and goes to temporay twrp to factory reset and all that, it ask for password so couldnt wipe..had to use advance utilities and launch cwm touch temporary to factory reset. then was able to use the root process...

was just a little frustrated shocked..at the time :) all is well now

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
used your program on my gnex when I had that with no issue, but with n10, after it gets unlocked and goes to temporay twrp to factory reset and all that, it ask for password so couldnt wipe..had to use advance utilities and launch cwm touch temporary to factory reset. then was able to use the root process...

was just a little frustrated shocked..at the time :) all is well now

Really? I wasn't aware of this. It asks for a password? That is so weird. Can you add me on gchat (wugfresh at gmail).

{{ WugFresh }}

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Hey wug, is it normal that when you perform a backup for apps+data it keeps saying shared storage while backing up? Im on the screen of the backup and it's been a while since it doesn't change. Thanks.

Edit: Okay, I finished my backup, all I had to do is unplug the nexus 10... lmao.

Last edited:

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Re: [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 [Updated 02/24/13] : Nexus 10 Thread

Hey wug, is it normal that when you perform a backup for apps+data it keeps saying shared storage while backing up? Im on the screen of the backup and it's been a while since it doesn't change. Thanks.

Edit: Okay, I finished my backup, all I had to do is unplug the nexus 10... lmao.

If you unplugged it then you interrupted your backup and its probably corrupt. Mouse over the backup options and read the tooltips, you will see that a data/media backup is better for shared data.

{{ WugFresh }}

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    If anyone starts bootlooping for longer than 5 minutes after an unlock than you need to factory reset.

1. Hold down the power button to shut the device off
    2. Restart the device holding all three buttons (vol up and down + power button)
    3. In bootloader mode, switch the big green START to the red RECOVERY using the volume buttons
    4. Enter stock recovery by pressing the power button
    5. You will see an android on its back
    6. Press Vol up + power button at the same time to enter the stock recovery menu
    7. Select "Factory Reset" with the volume buttons and press the power button to initiate it.
    8. After the factory reset your device should boot up normally.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Version 1.6.3 is up now and the updater package is also live via the in-built updater. Enjoy!
    (Updated changelog coming shortly)

{{ WugFresh }}
    TWRP fails here too. What did you do to fix the problem? I cant seem to get anything to work!

This is what I have to do after the first twrp factory reset fails:

1. Properly and completely turn off your device.
    2. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys until the device powers on. You should see an image of an Android icon lying on its back.
    3. Press Volume Down twice until the screen says “Recovery mode.”
    4. Press Power to restart into “Recovery mode.” You should see an image of an Android with a Red triangle after a few minutes.
    5. Tap Volume Up key while hold and press Power button.
    6. Use the volume keys to scroll to “wipe data/factory reset” and press Power to comfirm.
    7. Use the volume keys to scroll to “Yes – erase all user data” and press Power to confirm.
    8. Your device will reboot itself after the data wipe completed.
    Are you going to update "[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit" to install Root and Recovery with version 4.3?

Yes, by tomorrow.

{{ WugFresh }}