Question about cataclysm / ROMs in general

Search This thread

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hey all. I had the n5 a while back and at the time cataclysm was running great. I moved into a note 3 and within a month or so I really started missing my n5. So now I'm back. I see theres ALOT more ROMs and the cataclysm thread was locked. I flashed beanstalk and it's AWESOME but final fantasy dimensions and ff5 aren't working. PLUS, other games make the device hot enough to Fry an egg. So my question is kinda twofold: 1) will cataclysm (last updated in DEC of 2013 still work, and 2) what ROM out there has a great amount of customization but still runs games well?

Thanks so much.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Ben36

Jun 8, 2012
Cataclysm got closed because it was just people continually posting about where the dev was. It's still fine. The download link is still the latest version 4.4.2 so if you wanna use it, do

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: pathtologos

Jan 5, 2013
Hey all. I had the n5 a while back and at the time cataclysm was running great. I moved into a note 3 and within a month or so I really started missing my n5. So now I'm back. I see theres ALOT more ROMs and the cataclysm thread was locked. I flashed beanstalk and it's AWESOME but final fantasy dimensions and ff5 aren't working. PLUS, other games make the device hot enough to Fry an egg. So my question is kinda twofold: 1) will cataclysm (last updated in DEC of 2013 still work, and 2) what ROM out there has a great amount of customization but still runs games well?

Thanks so much.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

1. Cataclysm has and will always work. The customization based in Cataclysm ROM are essentially those that you can't get with apps. So things like LED notification, you will have to find a 3rd party app. However, there are other useful customization implemented like a fifth number row on AOSP keyboard (the 5th row of numbers can also be resized). Sometimes customization can be a bit of a hassle but once you finish it, you won't go to another ROM. Some features just grow on you :) I haven't switched ROMs in ages (or rather I went to try other ROMs but i went back after trying it for 5 minutes).

2. I believe Final Fantasy is just a layout issue and more of an app problem maybe? But at any rate, the Nexus 5 and its Snapdragon 800 has pretty much current generation hardware. It can run anything fine :) (so long as the app is coded properly and not poorly like Gameloft apps are).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. Yes
    2. Try them and find out what you like

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
    Cataclysm got closed because it was just people continually posting about where the dev was. It's still fine. The download link is still the latest version 4.4.2 so if you wanna use it, do

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk