[Q] Custom ROMs and WiFi/5GHz

Search This thread

IBJamon

Feb 25, 2011
LG V60 ThinQ
Hello, all! Long time lurker, but given this great new tablet I got, and the nice, tight nit community here, I thought I would try to ask some questions and perhaps get involved a little bit more.

I am not new to custom ROMs, as I used to do them heavily with my T-Mobile G2 (Desire Z) and my older tablet, the Asus Transformer TF101. I am new to the G Pad, though, having had it less than a week. Now, to the questions...

I started with using the stock ROM, and it's actually not bad, but some of the flakiness with the SD card, along with Amazon Appstore unexpectedly flaking out on me, was impetus to get me to try some ROMs.

First I tried the AICP nightly, then I tried Infected's CM nightly. In both cases, there was the brightness issue (which can be fixed once it's booted up, but it is annoying at first). That's not the end of the world.

What really did bug me though was that none of my 5GHz wifi bands were showing up, and especially with AICP, the wireless in general seems flaky. Can anyone speak to this, or perhaps am I doing something wrong?

In the meantime, can someone recommend a stock-based rom that easily installs with TWRP 2.7.0.1? I could not get a previous version to work properly, and LRS G Pad would not install without rebooting in the middle on 2.7.0.1. I had a heck of a time attempting to install 2.6.3.2... so no, that is not an option. I rewiped my tablet dozens of times trying to get it to work.

Thank you for your help!

woody1

May 2, 2010
Atlanta
Have you checked the country setting under advanced wifi settings? I think that influences which wifi bands will work.

Reactions: IBJamon

IBJamon

Feb 25, 2011
LG V60 ThinQ
That makes sense! Thank you! I should have known this also, since I was setting up my laptop a few weeks ago and had to set the country code there also.

Thanks again - I'll give it a shot later once I run another nandroid.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you checked the country setting under advanced wifi settings? I think that influences which wifi bands will work.