Phone warranty

Search This thread

adilabdi110

Aug 13, 2014
Hey guys i wants to know how can i know my phone warranty, on my phone is there any code or something.. Plzz help me rhnks in advance..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

WerWolv

Mar 17, 2014
Bern
Hey guys i wants to know how can i know my phone warranty, on my phone is there any code or something.. Plzz help me rhnks in advance..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Boot into Download-Mode via pressing and holding the Home-Button, Power-Button and the Volume Down button while your phone is off.
Then accept the warning and you will be in Download mode. In the upper left corner there will somewhere be a variable called "KNOX_WARRANTY_VOID". If you see 0x1 after this, you don't have your warranty anymore. If it's 0x0, you still have it.

You can't see if the warranty from the place you've bought it is still there, this is only the Samsung warranty! :3

Gboss01

Mar 18, 2013
Durban
Boot into Download-Mode via pressing and holding the Home-Button, Power-Button and the Volume Down button while your phone is off.
Then accept the warning and you will be in Download mode. In the upper left corner there will somewhere be a variable called "KNOX_WARRANTY_VOID". If you see 0x1 after this, you don't have your warranty anymore. If it's 0x0, you still have it.

You can't see if the warranty from the place you've bought it is still there, this is only the Samsung warranty! :3

Knox 0x1 or Warrantee bit=1 does not mean your warrantee is void. I had my mainboard and screen replaced after having tripped knox.

WerWolv

Mar 17, 2014
Bern
Knox 0x1 or Warrantee bit=1 does not mean your warrantee is void. I had my mainboard and screen replaced after having tripped knox.

3 months before i broke the screen of my S4 and went to the shop where i bought it. After 2 weeks i got it back with the message that my phone was modified and will not get any warranty because of this. This may be different for some shops or carriers...

Gboss01

Mar 18, 2013
Durban
3 months before i broke the screen of my S4 and went to the shop where i bought it. After 2 weeks i got it back with the message that my phone was modified and will not get any warranty because of this. This may be different for some shops or carriers...

I took my S4 direct to Samsung. I just flashed a stock ROM before I took it. My guess is here in South Africa either they don't know or they don't care about the Knox flag.