Facebook Notification 2.2 / 2.3 ??

Search This thread

grifforama

Dec 9, 2009
Does anyone have working Facebook notifications on either Froyo or GB ?
I seem to recall having it working on one of my recent ROMS (i've been flashing like mad recently)
But now I can't seem to get them working on either

SR4
CM7.0.2.1
Warm 2.2
OMFGB 1.2

I'm on CM7 right now, and under settings --> accounts and Sync --> my facebook account, I only see Sync Contacts, when I'm sure I sued to see Sync Live Feed, which is possible why I'm not getting Notifications ?

anyone else having issues ?

cmdoptesc47

Oct 16, 2010
La Jolla
You're thinking of the Facebook for HTC Sense account. When you're running a sense ROM and login to facebook through HTC sense, then you get the option for 'Sync live feed'. The regular Facebook app doesn't have this option, so you need to be running a sense ROM. Out of the ones you mentioned i'd recommend SR4, but thats just me :)

grifforama

Dec 9, 2009
But facebook in gingerbread should give me notifications from the app itself right?
I'm not getting any, even though I should

Sent from my Incredible using XDA Premium App

cmdoptesc47

Oct 16, 2010
La Jolla
The notifications from the Facebook app both in gingerbread and froyo have always been hit and miss for me. Sometimes I will get my notifications, sometimes they will be delayed and sometimes they just won't show up at all. And it's not ROM or even phone specific, the inconsistency is across multiple ROMs and phones.