[General][With VIDEOS & SCREENSHOTS] CyanogenMod 9-RC0-GT-S5830-UNOFFICIAL-BETA9

Search This thread

edke

May 26, 2010
Kosice
Use something like ROM toolbox to prevent Maps from starting on boot. Hope it helps.

What is complete name of that app? And I don't know if this will help as I use task manager that kills apps while on sleep and Maps is always launched again.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

MDHACK

Feb 29, 2012
This is a great, excellent, etc... work! I hope than in the future releases the tethering USB and portable hotspot runs correctly to install this ROM and enjoy it! :D

Blekota

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 13, 2008
Who wants to know...
www.uniplex.cz
I flashed back beta5 (beta6 ate more battery) and now wifi works like a charm withour a fix. It shows blue bars and no disconnections. My baseband is KS2.

wifi-sga.png

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA

Last edited:

Sharief

Apr 22, 2011
"REMEMBER - DO FULL WIPE AFTER INSTALLATION!!!"

Confused statement for me :confused:

Could anyone please explain in detail/step wise what to do

p00l

Dec 12, 2010
"REMEMBER - DO FULL WIPE AFTER INSTALLATION!!!"

Confused statement for me :confused:

Could anyone please explain in detail/step wise what to do

Well you have to wipe data-factory reset,cache,dalvik cache then install the rom and again wipe data/cache/dal.cache

Reactions: Sharief

maksharma231

Jan 3, 2012
Reactions: Sharief

Sharief

Apr 22, 2011
Well you have to wipe data-factory reset,cache,dalvik cache then install the rom and again wipe data/cache/dal.cache

Thank you. Clicked thanks button:)

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

wipe data, cache dalvik cache before and after the installation using cwm 5

Answer is same as p001.

Thank you and clicked the button too:D

Aqib Patel

Feb 27, 2012
Everything working great...only one thing annoying...Scrolling in apps is not as good as on stock GB...Any solution for this ??? & yes overscroll glow ruins scrolling...Bouncy effect was better than this..

008bond

Oct 27, 2011
What is complete name of that app? And I don't know if this will help as I use task manager that kills apps while on sleep and Maps is always launched again.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

The app name is "ROM toolbox". Remove maps from startup and do not use a task manager that kills apps.

yuan1995

Feb 27, 2012
THANKS

THIS IS AWESOME! but will b better if the "display option" in contacts can be set to view "only contacts with phone number"

Atlus

Jan 8, 2008
Grecia
I flashed back beta5 (beta6 ate more battery) and now wifi works like a charm withour a fix. It shows blue bars and no disconnections. My baseband is KS2.

I agree with that, Beta 5 has better battery life. Also, not know why, but GSM/3G signal were better with Beta 5 than 6 or 4.

(I have never have problems with WiFi "testing since Beta 3")

maksharma231

Jan 3, 2012
Thank you. Clicked thanks button:)

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Answer is same as p001.

Thank you and clicked the button too:D

i know but i had to mention using cwm 5 for installation because users with older versions have reported non booting devices...lol.

tharizdun_uk

Mar 29, 2012
manchester
ive been using beta 5 and 6 and have found that the deep sleep was a bit hit and miss but i had installed some apps and found that it was facebook that was stopping deep sleep for some reason once facebook was removed my phone slept again.
the calc didnt work so to fix it i extracted the rom on sd and reinstalled calc with astro file manager worked fine after

Reactions: sordia

prakash074

Apr 9, 2012
Hi,

The ICS beta7 is super. I am following this thread almost from last 4 months. I think the basic feature to be fixed in this ICS release is Camera!

I think if possible please fix the camera issue with bit priority. Once the camera is working then people might start using the beta release. Once it is in use then you will get any further bugs, if exists.

Having phone with 5 megapixel camera without working, i guess people hardly try to use this release.

I know its a beta release and it is the period where most of the issues need to be fixed. If you think I am right then kindly try to get camera working, then you will see more and more people start using and possibly get all hidden issues, if any.

Thanks,
Prakash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Friends this is a general section for the CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5830-GalaxyICS

Why This Thread is for:
    1. All the General topic discussion for CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5830-GalaxyICS
    2. All the General bugs n fixes for CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5830-GalaxyICS

Aim Of this Thread is:
    1. Keep the developer's thread clean n spam free.
    2. Let the developers do their good work peacefully without any disturbance cause by non-developer members.

Download:
    BETA-9 build AVAILABLE HERE. ;)

Galaxy Ace Running ICS CM9 beta 3 Android 4.0.3 Video :

Galaxy Ace Running ICS CM9 beta 2 Android 4.0.3 Video :

Install Guide Video:

Screenshots of CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5830-GalaxyICS-KANG-alpha3:

Screenshots of CyanogenMod 9.0.0-RC0-GT-S5830-GalaxyICS-KANG-alpha3:

43873868.png
    11973927.jpg
    98261384.jpg

30166041.jpg
    73552719.jpg
    85055160.jpg

16358254.jpg
    21375485.jpg
    23446293.jpg

screenshot2012021517201.png
    68617488.jpg
    32028973.jpg

screenshot2012021517284.png
    screenshot2012021517235.png
    screenshot2012021517213.png

30331024.png
    78816529.jpg
    75080274.jpg
    In next CM9 release, we're gonna get CM9 stock camera with all settings(except video rec and panorama) instead of MaclawStudios camera app! :D
    Wayland_Ace has fixed it!!
    Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    Hi, first i can see that i am the only one on this, and i am sure that some things may be accept critics but i am really, really frustrated with this monopoly in the devs.
    I just did a data wipe of beta1 of cm10, which i have to do because the release dosent work with Link2sd and the dalvik chache link to SD. I must be blind o not understand english but in the changelog the devs say the process work (or if am wrong they dosent say in the part of know bugs that this aspect of the ROM is not working).
    I can accept that there is no bugzilla or bug tracker, no GPS/APGS, nor a good working camera, and i can take most of the annoing bugs (wich i did for a long time), but relasing a Beta wich dosent works and beahave like and Alpha2 is something I must point out.
    One thing is to shout to people this is Dev or WiP stuff!!, and no guarentee to work; other things is to say: this work, that dosent.On download and try it only to find out that the things that should work do it half the time o in certain configuration/moments.
    I dont expect devs to change or do something (i dont even except a working CM10 at this time, heck to my is to soon to release something), and i dont expect devs to own me something, I just want the guys to be honest, take their time, and if something can be done say it, and if it cant say: look man, we try, here is the code, now anyone can try.
    I really hope that this proyect can me more open source and less something that you have to count to 10 and do a backup before trying it.

Ruy

PS:sorry for the english, i think my keyboard is on strike.
    I'll deal with them later.

Sent from my X8 using xda premium