[MOD][Xposed] Vine Downloader

Search This thread

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Requires Xposed Framework!

This Xposed module adds a Download option to Vine. Clicking that will download the video to a Vine/ directory under your usual downloads directory.

Screenshots:
PSUA1wzl.png

Compatibility:
This requires the official Vine application, the Xposed framework only runs on ICS+ so this will only work on ICS or above.

Source:
The mod is open source, and licensed under GPLv3: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-VineDownloader
You may not distribute this on the Play Store.

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.xposedvinedownloader

Support development:
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.

Thanks to:
@rovo89 for his awesome framework, and helping me out with an issue in this module.

Last edited:

cewong2

Apr 18, 2011
failed download

I keep getting failed download! I'm on stock firmware, on the i9505, latest xposed framework, and vine 1.3.3

There are no settings so I can't tell if it's because it can't save to location or something

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
I keep getting failed download! I'm on stock firmware, on the i9505, latest xposed framework, and vine 1.3.3

There are no settings so I can't tell if it's because it can't save to location or something

Sorry, apparently DownloadManager doesn't auto-create needed directories.
Either redownload the fixed apk (same link), or just create a Vine (case sensitive) directory in /sdcard/Download (or Downloads, depending on your device).

cewong2

Apr 18, 2011
Sorry, apparently DownloadManager doesn't auto-create needed directories.
Either redownload the fixed apk (same link), or just create a Vine (case sensitive) directory in /sdcard/Download (or Downloads, depending on your device).

Works great now, thanks maybe future feature would be to be able to specify where it downloads to, like SD card vs internal memory

JBLogic

Oct 13, 2010
Fails to download most of the time. Every once in a while it is successful, but most of the time fails.

moneyrain

Jun 7, 2010
Could you please make something like this for YouTube?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Fails to download most of the time. Every once in a while it is successful, but most of the time fails.

I found a bug yesterday that would prevent downloading videos with a "/" in their description. Most Vine videos are doing it now and that's why it fails. (Some long description W/ Username)

Could you please make something like this for YouTube?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Not sure if I want to touch YouTube, the package is obfuscafed with ProGaurd so each update would break the module for users, and I'd have to go through the source again.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Simba501

cewong2

Apr 18, 2011
Thanks again for the mod, just wondering since the new version of vine I haven't been able to use the mod hitting download does nothing. Did something change?

madprofessorus

Jan 23, 2012
Achaia
I tried it on my tipo with custom 4.1.2 Rom,it works fine, only problem is the videos with the / character

Update : all videos with special characters won't download

Sent from my Xperia Tipo using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
I also downloaded and installed the apk, which curently resides in my sdcard\download directory on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (GT-N5110) running Android 4.1.2 KernEl version 3.0.31, Build number JZ054K.N5110EEMF2. There is no download option for me either. What Am I doing wrong? Help! Thanks

You need to install Xposed and enable the module.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 (C6903) using Taptalk 4

Reactions: laserbiz

Top Liked Posts