Galaxy Tab FileSystem

Search This thread

edgardurao

Aug 16, 2005
Lisbon
Hi. Didn't find anything similar, so here's the question: does anyone know if Galaxy Tab will use the same RFS filesystem as Galaxy S?

edgardurao

Aug 16, 2005
Lisbon
So bad news for Galaxy S owners.
If you're right, Smasung will not change the filesystem type in the official froyo release.

LostAlone

Jul 15, 2010
Its a good news/bad news situation... Bad news, samsung are sticking with their retard-device-crippling file system. Good news, we already have a half dozen or more different lag fixes. So once you get that up and running we'll off ahead of the pack again anyway...

jeebspawnshop

Feb 6, 2008
I imagine sztupy from the SGS forum could probably whip together a ULFK for the Tab in a day's work. Seeing as it's just a kernel change, and the kernels are probably 95% similar between the SGS and the Tab...

Now to buy him a Tab to play with :p

at314

Aug 24, 2008
Dubai
I v been using galaxy tab for the last 10 days. I dont experiance any lag . Yes the benchmark almost the same but no lag .

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

clubtech

Jun 26, 2007
USA
There is zero lag on the Tab and i have been using it for two weeks with 90 apps installed.
The browser however, is another story - even with flash disabled.

mmorselli

May 7, 2010
Using Galaxy TAB since two weeks and I can confirm no lag at all, Samsung Browser is terrible written software, but who needs ? Last Dolphin version is perfect on large display, and is very fast and smooth.

So, the question is: Why TAB have no lag if the filesystem is the infamous RFS ? Maybe RFS isn't guilty ?

zerocool76

Jun 19, 2010
Keswick, Ontario
Using Galaxy TAB since two weeks and I can confirm no lag at all, Samsung Browser is terrible written software, but who needs ? Last Dolphin version is perfect on large display, and is very fast and smooth.

So, the question is: Why TAB have no lag if the filesystem is the infamous RFS ? Maybe RFS isn't guilty ?
Does anybody have the issue with Dolphin Hd 4 that if you go on this forum(via Tab, desktop or android mode doesnt matter) and you click on search thread, the keyboard close when you try to write in the drop menu?Doesn't happen with Skyfire....