Root Acer Iconia A1-830 ?

Search This thread

filipe.lopes

Jun 25, 2014
Why is so difficult to make the root for this tablet, i mean, dude this thing is almost a perfect copy of an ipad mini!! and it's famous!! :C i have a f@king smartphone from huawei (g510) that have roms and it simply S@KS!! :C :c... i know a little bit about making rooms and stuff like that but unfortunately is not the necessary for helping with root!

social-design-concepts

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
Why is so difficult to make the root for this tablet, i mean, dude this thing is almost a perfect copy of an ipad mini!! and it's famous!! :C i have a f@king smartphone from huawei (g510) that have roms and it simply S@KS!! :C :c... i know a little bit about making rooms and stuff like that but unfortunately is not the necessary for helping with root!

You wanna check something on this for me? Maybe it will help with rooting... Send me this file /system/bin/droidboot after I examine it I'll get you some commands to check.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    and here you go sorry for the delay instructions are in the post myKIT_BATCHv1.1.2
    Root Tutorial

Ok, now that I've rooted my tablet, I thought it's time for a small tutorial.
    All credit goes to social-design-concepts for the script he built for our device.

1) Download and install the ADB/Fastboot drives by following this tutorial : http://dottech.org/21534/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-your-windows-computer-for-use-with-your-android-phone/

2) Download the myKIT_BATCH toolkit here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51089990#post51089990 and follow the instructions

3) Launch the toolkit follow the instructions. Be careful to read everything written. For rooting instructions, check this post : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51089990#post51089990 (scroll down to see the instructions)

4) Your tablet reboots to droidboot mode, and nothing happens. It's normal, because your PC doesn't recognize your tablet in droidboot mode.
    In the Start menu of your PC,type "device manager". It will show a yell triangle in front of a "Android device" line. Right-click on it, click "update the driver", then "let me pick" and check for the "Android Boot Interface" or "ADB Interface" on the list of all drivers available (second option of the screen).

5) Windows will try to frighten you by saying that the driver is not built for your device etc. Click OK instead, it's the right thing to do if you want to root your device

6) The myKit_BATCH will display a lot of lines of code once, reboot, the display a lot of lines of code again, then reboot for the last time.

Your device is now rooted, go to the Play Store and install the "Root ckecker" app to check it out.

I hope this little tutorial will help everyone who want to root their A1-830 tablet.
    Don't hesitate to ask social-design-concepts or myself for further details, and press the "thanks" button if this tutorial helped you !
    Sorry for the delays everyone just have a couple of things left to do soon. . . .
    Well i rooted mine.
    Thanks!

how to fix:

1) Tablet reboots to droidboot

2) Open Device manager, yellow caution mark -> Update driver -> Browse my computer... -> Let me pick ... -> Android Device -> Android Bootloader Interface

3) myKIT_BATCHv1.1.x runs a lot of code, and black screen, and again.

4) Open Device manager, yellow caution mark -> Update driver -> Browse my computer... -> Let me pick ... -> Android Device -> Android Bootloader Interface

5) Tablet reboots

6) Rooted.
    Original Dumps are up for Acer_AV052_A1-830_1.014.00_WW_GEN1 goto myKIT_BATCHV1.1.x the download is in post 2.

the flash script i was putting together is not up yet so it is assumed you have knowledge of flashing images through fastboot.
    the only thing to note is do not extract <file name>.system.img.gz
    the .gz format is the correct format for flashing through fastboot on Intel Tablets.

kitkat rootkit wont be up till tomorrow . . . Sorry . . .