Battery dained while device turned off

Search This thread

vick33

Dec 11, 2010
I got a moto G it was charge to 100% played with it a little then completely shut down the device. Next day when i tryed to turn the device on, the battery was completely dead. Had to connect the charger for like 10 min before it powered on. Any ideas what can be the cause? Maybe the device does not shut down properly and freeze into the shutdown process with the screen turned off? Anyone else experienced the same?

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011
I got a moto G it was charge to 100% played with it a little then completely shut down the device. Next day when i tryed to turn the device on, the battery was completely dead. Had to connect the charger for like 10 min before it powered on. Any ideas what can be the cause? Maybe the device does not shut down properly and freeze into the shutdown process with the screen turned off? Anyone else experienced the same?

I'm pretty sure there are other posts with the same issue. Did you search Google or XDA before posting.

scott_doyland

Dec 8, 2011
I did but i did not found anything closely related to this. If you found or seen anything and can link it i would be realy glad

See here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2599421

Not exactly your issue but the best place to post I think as its all about battery issues. There may be something in there that helps.

It is similar to your issue but I realise you had switched off the phone and it still dropped battery to zero, but I would think the above post is related.

If the issue is hardware related I guess the battery could probably 'drop' its charge, or at least report the charge was dropped, even if the phone was off, ie battery goes 'wrong' while phone is off so phone can't power on properly.

Last edited:

vick33

Dec 11, 2010
It is similar yes, but yet diffetent will keep an eye on the thread and see if the problem happens again