[Q] Persistent root by firmware upgrade without unlock bootloader?

Search This thread

Fencole

Feb 16, 2014
Hi everybody,

my ambition is to have root without unlocking bootloader. What do I have to do for it?

My current firmware: 10.4.1.B.0.101 Kernel 3.4.0-GE09AFF8.

Android 4.3

ZL model: C6503

All current howtos implicate unlocking bootloader, what I dont want to.
I know backup TA, but you can' t do the TA recovery if the phone is bricked. If you send your bricked phone to the repair service and they can unbrick the phone and then check the status of the bootloader then you lose the warranty.

Is it possible to downgrade to a firmware version that don't need unlocking the bootloader whereas getting root, then upgrade to the current firmware with persistent root status?

If yes,which firmware version do I have to downgrade to?
Where do I get this firmware version?
Which tools do I need to porform such a downgrade?

bhavstech

Aug 24, 2013
Mumbai
Hi everybody,

my ambition is to have root without unlocking bootloader. What do I have to do for it?

My current firmware: 10.4.1.B.0.101 Kernel 3.4.0-GE09AFF8.

Android 4.3

ZL model: C6503

All current howtos implicate unlocking bootloader, what I dont want to.
I know backup TA, but you can' t do the TA recovery if the phone is bricked. If you send your bricked phone to the repair service and they can unbrick the phone and then check the status of the bootloader then you lose the warranty.

Is it possible to downgrade to a firmware version that don't need unlocking the bootloader whereas getting root, then upgrade to the current firmware with persistent root status?

If yes,which firmware version do I have to downgrade to?
Where do I get this firmware version?
Which tools do I need to porform such a downgrade?
u dont need to unlock the bootloader for rooting downgrade to .569 build n use doomlords toolkit. and dont worry about bricking your phone ,your phone doesnt get bricked unless you do something wrong in the procedurerooting wont brick and service centre people cant repair a hard bricked phone they can repair soft bricked phone that any1 can do by flashing stock firmware.u dont need a TA backup unless u are unlocking bootloader

crapicho

Feb 22, 2014
Could you post the downgrade procedure and location for the files that needs to be used?
Also still not clear, if there is a way for persistent root after the upgrade back to 4.3.
Thanks a lot for your input.

alkesh95

Mar 22, 2012
Mumbai
Please search the forums you will find ftf file for your device and region and flashing tutorial is also available in those threads

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app