[10.03][XPOSED FIX] Samsung DVFS Disabler! - Take the full power of gs4

Search This thread

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
STOP! THIS MOD IS ONLY FOR SAMSUNG ROM! NOT WORKING ON ASOP, CM OR OTHER SINCE THESE ROM NOT NEEDED IT!

Hello folks,
finally after 1 month of research, tests and sleepless nights i have made a fix for the cpu cap problem caused by crappy samsung's DVFS system.
For people who don't know what is DVFS please refer wikipedia.
In short terms: samsung added this system to boost benchamark like antutu and he tells us that in KK the system was trashed so benchmark result are not falsified. THIS IS NOT REAL AT ALL!!!

I have discovered after a lot of time that samsung has added DVFS system in other way, more in kernel but disabling it in kernel is not enought! Rom controls the DVFS system!

THE PROBLEM
After heavy playing games for 5/10 minutes the performance became very very low! Game starts to lag a lot and in few minutes became not really playable! The phone is quite hot in the upper part but not really really hot! Exiting game can fix the problem but not always. Only a complete reboot can fix completely the problem!
So i have decide to investigate and i have installed app like KtMonitor (included in kt kernel) or perfmon (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933284) and i have noticed a very strange thing!!!

• When game starts for the first time the cpu speed is max at 1890mhz
  • After a while the cpu goes to 1458mhz and stays at this freq for a while
  • After some minutes it scales down to 1242, then to 1134, then to 1026 then to 918 mhz!!!
  • *When 1134 mhz is reached gpu goes down to 304 mhz and when cpu is at 1026 freq the gpu is at 128/200

In this way the game is not playable anymore!
The only way to see again values upper 1242/1458 is to reboot or wait a long time.

THE SOLUTION
The solution is to disable DVFS system from changing cpu and gpu freq table!

After that DVFS is completely disabled! Kernel can handle totally the power of cpu so the up/down scaling! Cpu and Gpu freq are not blocked anymore! The cpu and gpu are used based on tasks and not limited by crap samsung behaviour! Scores in benchmark now are real! In a nutshell phone will fly :)

WHAT YOU NEED

THE GUIDE
First of all make a nandroid backup!! I'm not responsable for any problem! You make this procedure at your risk!!!
  1. Install Xposed Installer (http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk)
  2. Install Xposed Framework through Xposed Installer App
  3. Download Samsung DVFS Disabler
  4. Enable it on the Xposed Installer modules
  5. Reboot your device

IMPORTANT NOTES:
  • Phone will be very hot and drain battery during heavy session such as games but this isn't a problem. With @ktoonsez kernel i have set 90C for start throttle and 80C for end i can use the phone without burn my hands or burn it self :D but make attention!
  • This fix not delete thermal throttle! So the cpu and gpu can throttle without any problem and you can be use it on heavy tasks without fear!
  • Anyway I'm not responsable for any problem! You make this procedure at your risk!!!

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES
First of all follow the app thread here and then report in the app thread or here:
  • Rom (version also)
  • Kernel (version also)
  • Kernel settings (if available)
  • Bootlaoder version
  • Particular apps installed
  • Particular mod flashed

CREDITS
I have to say thank you to two wonderful devs here:
@ktoonsez since with his kernel i can find this bizzarre behaviour
@wanam and his ability with xposed framework! I have made a fix but it was too drastic LoL. With his xposed module the problem is fixed without touching any system files!!! Wonderful! Thank you very much my friend!
The last but not the least the app catLog! Only with this app i was able to find the real problem! The crappy samsung DVFS system!!!!

If you like my job, buy me a beer :)

Now....feedback, feedback and feedback! :)

Last edited:

sergio114

Jul 11, 2013
Hi

And Other Option Works really Good,I 'Ve used a wanam Xposed,and Disabled DFVS.And I've see the Gpu and Cpu Not Underclocking frecuency never

And Your Mod works Fine Always.Very Thanks For your great support.

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Hi

And Other Option Works really Good,I 'Ve used a wanam Xposed,and Disabled DFVS.And I've see the Gpu and Cpu Not Underclocking frecuency never

And Your Mod works Fine Always.Very Thanks For your great support.

On kk the option in wanamlite is broken. I have talked win wanam and its useless for now.

My mod fix completely the problem

From universe with my gs4 snapdragon powered!

sergio114

Jul 11, 2013
I have been play Real racing for 15 minutes and not Underclocking Gpu.how is possible?Haha I'm Crazy

Thanks Man

sergio114

Jul 11, 2013
GT-I9505 Snapdragon Spain open.Rom Wanamlite 2.4 And Xposed Framework.

News : after Gaming a realracing 20 minutes Underclocking at GPU 200mhz With WanamXposed. Only Works Full your MOd Hehe .It's Really Good

Last edited:

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
+1 to this! Waiting too! :good: btw, do this affect battery life? i mean does it consume more than normal?

During games session yes it could consume more battery since the cpu can be used at max without limitation.

Update on air view bug : I have find the problem guys but is not simple to fix since Samsung has added a lot of **** code in the jar file. I need time and better knowledge to clean it correctly but I want make this mod perfect so stay tuned and support me :)

Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    STOP! THIS MOD IS ONLY FOR SAMSUNG ROM! NOT WORKING ON ASOP, CM OR OTHER SINCE THESE ROM NOT NEEDED IT!

Hello folks,
    finally after 1 month of research, tests and sleepless nights i have made a fix for the cpu cap problem caused by crappy samsung's DVFS system.
    For people who don't know what is DVFS please refer wikipedia.
    In short terms: samsung added this system to boost benchamark like antutu and he tells us that in KK the system was trashed so benchmark result are not falsified. THIS IS NOT REAL AT ALL!!!

I have discovered after a lot of time that samsung has added DVFS system in other way, more in kernel but disabling it in kernel is not enought! Rom controls the DVFS system!

THE PROBLEM
    After heavy playing games for 5/10 minutes the performance became very very low! Game starts to lag a lot and in few minutes became not really playable! The phone is quite hot in the upper part but not really really hot! Exiting game can fix the problem but not always. Only a complete reboot can fix completely the problem!
    So i have decide to investigate and i have installed app like KtMonitor (included in kt kernel) or perfmon (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1933284) and i have noticed a very strange thing!!!

• When game starts for the first time the cpu speed is max at 1890mhz
    • After a while the cpu goes to 1458mhz and stays at this freq for a while
    • After some minutes it scales down to 1242, then to 1134, then to 1026 then to 918 mhz!!!
    • *When 1134 mhz is reached gpu goes down to 304 mhz and when cpu is at 1026 freq the gpu is at 128/200

In this way the game is not playable anymore!
    The only way to see again values upper 1242/1458 is to reboot or wait a long time.

THE SOLUTION
    The solution is to disable DVFS system from changing cpu and gpu freq table!

After that DVFS is completely disabled! Kernel can handle totally the power of cpu so the up/down scaling! Cpu and Gpu freq are not blocked anymore! The cpu and gpu are used based on tasks and not limited by crap samsung behaviour! Scores in benchmark now are real! In a nutshell phone will fly :)

WHAT YOU NEED

THE GUIDE
    First of all make a nandroid backup!! I'm not responsable for any problem! You make this procedure at your risk!!!
    1. Install Xposed Installer (http://dl.xposed.info/latest.apk)
    2. Install Xposed Framework through Xposed Installer App
    3. Download Samsung DVFS Disabler
    4. Enable it on the Xposed Installer modules
    5. Reboot your device

IMPORTANT NOTES:
    • Phone will be very hot and drain battery during heavy session such as games but this isn't a problem. With @ktoonsez kernel i have set 90C for start throttle and 80C for end i can use the phone without burn my hands or burn it self :D but make attention!
    • This fix not delete thermal throttle! So the cpu and gpu can throttle without any problem and you can be use it on heavy tasks without fear!
    • Anyway I'm not responsable for any problem! You make this procedure at your risk!!!

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES
    First of all follow the app thread here and then report in the app thread or here:
    • Rom (version also)
    • Kernel (version also)
    • Kernel settings (if available)
    • Bootlaoder version
    • Particular apps installed
    • Particular mod flashed

CREDITS
    I have to say thank you to two wonderful devs here:
    @ktoonsez since with his kernel i can find this bizzarre behaviour
    @wanam and his ability with xposed framework! I have made a fix but it was too drastic LoL. With his xposed module the problem is fixed without touching any system files!!! Wonderful! Thank you very much my friend!
    The last but not the least the app catLog! Only with this app i was able to find the real problem! The crappy samsung DVFS system!!!!

If you like my job, buy me a beer :)

Now....feedback, feedback and feedback! :)
    A small question, you can turn off DVFS without using Framework Xposed.

I hate to use xposed framework and I really wanted to test disabling DVFS.

No, i have tried but it broke other thing such as air view and power energy saver mode. Samsung has done a very disaster with dvfs system and what wanam has done is incredible!!!
    And only with xposed is possible in this easy and fully functional way.
    Use xposed... It's a way better than all!!

+1 to this! Waiting too! :good: btw, do this affect battery life? i mean does it consume more than normal?

During games session yes it could consume more battery since the cpu can be used at max without limitation.

Update on air view bug : I have find the problem guys but is not simple to fix since Samsung has added a lot of **** code in the jar file. I need time and better knowledge to clean it correctly but I want make this mod perfect so stay tuned and support me :)

Cheers

Relased new version!
    Attention!
    Please, people who have used my fix, restore the original files with this patch, then use new xposed module!
    2 questions:

Does this module affect battery life?

Does this module affect the power saving feature found in touchwiz roms.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

It can affect battery life only during long games session.

This module doesn't break any features of rom