Debuggerd error prevented OTA

Search This thread

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
@Chainfire

while trying to sideload ota 443 i encountered the following error

/system/bin/debuggerd has unexpected contents

I managed to fix it by flashing the factory system image from 4.4.2. A google search pointed me to http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47416542&postcount=43 so a factory reset was not needed

It seems that this is a problem known to using stickmount. Is there anything you can do. I'd really like to avoid this in the future or i might have to swap to a different tool for mounting USB.

I lost root in the process with flashing the OTA but this was quickly fixed by using cf-autoroot and removing the oem unlock line then reinstalling the apk.

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
@Chainfire

while trying to sideload ota 443 i encountered the following error

I managed to fix it by flashing the factory system image from 4.4.2. A google search pointed me to http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47416542&postcount=43 so a factory reset was not needed

It seems that this is a problem known to using stickmount. Is there anything you can do. I'd really like to avoid this in the future or i might have to swap to a different tool for mounting USB.

I lost root in the process with flashing the OTA but this was quickly fixed by using cf-autoroot and removing the oem unlock line then reinstalling the apk.

If you install the latest StickMount from a clean setup and are using SuperSU (this is important), it shouldn't happen again.

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
define clean install? Factory image? Cant do that too much data on it.

In short what i did was

- restore factory 442 system image
- sideload ota
- boot su autoroot (but with the oem unlock line removed as it already is unlocked)
- reinstall SuperSU from playstore

Havent reinstalled stickmount or any similar app yet. With that being said, if i reinstall stickmount will i be safe from this happening again, or do i need to do factory reset?

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
define clean install? Factory image? Cant do that too much data on it.

In short what i did was

- restore factory 442 system image
- sideload ota
- boot su autoroot (but with the oem unlock line removed as it already is unlocked)
- reinstall SuperSU from playstore

Havent reinstalled stickmount or any similar app yet. With that being said, if i reinstall stickmount will i be safe from this happening again, or do i need to do factory reset?

You stated you flashed the stock 4.4.2 image to fix the OTA problem. That means a clean install. Make sure you are using SuperSU and install the latest StickMount version from Play, it shouldn't happen again.

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
thx for the quick replies. I'll go ahead then and reinstall stickmount then. Dno why it happened in the first place. except root i'm full stock.