Clear tpu case

Search This thread

claud_face

Apr 27, 2010
I quickly looked on eBay and searched a bit but I rather someone who has a clear tpu case chime in.

Where did you get it?

How's the fitment?

Pics if possible?

Thanks so much!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

zPacKRat

May 31, 2008
SoCal
Google Pixel 6
I quickly looked on eBay and searched a bit but I rather someone who has a clear tpu case chime in.

Where did you get it?

How's the fitment?

Pics if possible?

Thanks so much!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

There are several threads on this topic already WITH PICS! you would be wise to spend a few of your precious minutes looking for the information which you seek rather than asking others to waste theirs.

claud_face

Apr 27, 2010
Lol first time I had a busy day and tried asking nicely.

...and harrasment was immediate :)

Sorry. Now ill know never to bother.

Please close .

There are several threads on this topic already WITH PICS! you would be wise to spend a few of your precious minutes looking for the information which you seek rather than asking others to waste theirs.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA App

zPacKRat

May 31, 2008
SoCal
Google Pixel 6
Lol first time I had a busy day and tried asking nicely.

...and harrasment was immediate :)

Sorry. Now ill know never to bother.

Please close .

Not trying to harass you, however it is expected that people use the search function before opening redundant threads. So you my friend should respect the rules and of XDA., and do it nicely.

Last edited:

tedya

Mar 11, 2006
Salt Lake City, Utah

OMG.
I read the OP's thread and he never asked anyone to waste their time. If someone replies it is because they want to.

BTW, XDA should also have a rule that says you can't post a reminder to use the "Search" function.

getrdy

Oct 8, 2009
Norfolk
I can find* a single thread about clear tpu cases. Im really interested in a clear case so please let me know if you find anything.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA App

Last edited:

zPacKRat

May 31, 2008
SoCal
Google Pixel 6
OMG.
I read the OP's thread and he never asked anyone to waste their time. If someone replies it is because they want to.

BTW, XDA should also have a rule that says you can't post a reminder to use the "Search" function.

OMG.
Look it's just a matter of respecting the rules of XDA http://youtu.be/JmvCpR45LKA
I personally find it annoying when forums become muddied with the same information over an over that's all. I was not trying to be rude and if my post came off that way well then grow a little thicker skin.

And to state that you can't post a reminder to use the search function is pure stupidity, if this was never done the noobs would ruin this site.

Last edited:

claud_face

Apr 27, 2010
Kinda was hoping this would be closed by now so we didn't have to hear from you anymore :)

claud_face

Apr 27, 2010
I always laughed at people like you on xda so the last thing I'm going to do is become like you by arguing so last time I'm responding.

How am I spamming? Idk how many posts i have but its a couple hundred I'm sure, and I've been around here for awhile. Also, I had sensation and bought the amaze and am trying to sell it . I don't really see what's wrong with that, but hey that's fine cause the last thing in the world is me caring what you think.

:)

From the looks of things you are a chronic spammer. What with 3 or 4 posts trying to sell you sensation and all. I guess I wouldn't expect anything different here.

pappadj

Sep 20, 2009
So I used the search button on xda amaze accessories and found this thread as the only one for the words "clear" and "transparent", please allow this thread to continue without dictating what people should and should not do on a public forum. I second the notion on refraining from hand slapping for not using the search button. Close your eyes if this thread bothers you so much. I have been looking for a similar case. I'm a bit picky and I don't think I'm going to come up with what I want as I'm looking for something:

- Transparent: I want to let the OEM's design show through
- Soft
- Not Too Gummy, Shiny or Bulky (I guess with transparent, I'll have to forgo the "shine" factor)
- Cut outs for the antenna holes

So yeah, I think it's pretty tough to find something quite like this but here's what I have come up with so far and I'm still looking:

Clear Soft Rubber Phone Cover Silicone Skin Gel Case
- $5 to $7 depending on shipping
- Not quite transparent
- Looks like it will have a good grip
- Cut outs for the antenna holes

Clear Silicone Skin Gel Cover Case
- $10 shipped
- I don't know if the image is deceiving but it could be truly transparent (???)
- 2 of 3 cut outs for the antenna holes it appears

Clear Soft Hybrid Gel TPU S-LINE Case Cover
- $3 Shipped (no expedited and it will deliver after Christmas)
- S curve looks OK but 1/2 of it is exactly what I want and the other is faded white like everything else
- TPU brand so it should be good with just about all other considerations

Then there's always ZAGG and I think IPG may be ok (?) full body screen protectors

ZAGG Full Body

Ah, I think this one may be perfect. No idea who this is or what but the price at $7 + $5.99 for 4-10 shipping isn't bad. There might be a helpful coupon
also. It will probably be a bit glossy but I bet the shine will wear off a bit in time anyway. May get a few different ones and do some reviews. That is, if it's OK with some others who think this is "wasting my time" or whatever. :) Sorry, just think this thread went south fast and it was a decent question. I chose the Amaze White as I liked it's base look. I'll get other cases later and maybe even custom paint my own. I don't know. But if I just want to show off it's original beauty, I don't want to leave it exposed and ready for the elements to break it. I've seen one shattered from a 4 foot drop on concrete. They will break like anything else if hit right.

*** EDIT: This one is hard plastic... sorry ***

http://www.cellularoutfitter.com/p-101513-htc-amaze-4g-transparent-clear-cover.html

Sorry for the long post and again, if anyone has any other suggestions, I would like to know. There are Smoke Clear and Textured Clear skins around but I think we are just looking for a good clear one.

Last edited:

zPacKRat

May 31, 2008
SoCal
Google Pixel 6
This is the one I purchased, the only issue I have with it is that there is a cutout for the cover release button. It's matte so it's not such a fingerprint magnet, and somewhat transparent so you can still see what phone lurks beneath. Also it adds very little bulk, which to me is important as I want some protection from drops as well as general scratch protection.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005XCJGNM/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

pappadj

Sep 20, 2009
:p 5 posts later and you throw in something helpful and you actually shared an interest with the op and purchased something similar. You could have saved yourself headaches and made this thread a lot shorter if this was post #2.

OK sorry, that aside, thank you for the reminder of an item I was closely looking at as well. It seems to take care of the "gloss" factor. There is a comment on that site that says that the white will look more like grey with this and they didn't care for the blend but whatever. It's a TPU. I think I'm going to roll the dice on my last link above however, only I found that the shipping is like $5.99 for 4-10 day delivery so that's kinda a bummer. Think it's flat so I'll see if there's anything else I want from that site.

If you don't mind zPack, and if I haven't offended you too much, could you post pics (for others to review) when you get it and I'll do the same with whatever I decide on. lol

Reactions: zPacKRat

ndahiya

Dec 13, 2011
This is the one I purchased, the only issue I have with it is that there is a cutout for the cover release button. It's matte so it's not such a fingerprint magnet, and somewhat transparent so you can still see what phone lurks beneath. Also it adds very little bulk, which to me is important as I want some protection from drops as well as general scratch protection.

I got this case as well. my only issue is that the volume rocker does not have a cutout, so the buttons needed to be pressed really hard. i just cut along the outline for the volume buttons in the case, now is better.

ndahiya

zPacKRat

May 31, 2008
SoCal
Google Pixel 6
:p 5 posts later and you throw in something helpful and you actually shared an interest with the op and purchased something similar. You could have saved yourself headaches and made this thread a lot shorter if this was post #2.

OK sorry, that aside, thank you for the reminder of an item I was closely looking at as well. It seems to take care of the "gloss" factor. There is a comment on that site that says that the white will look more like grey with this and they didn't care for the blend but whatever. It's a TPU. I think I'm going to roll the dice on my last link above however, only I found that the shipping is like $5.99 for 4-10 day delivery so that's kinda a bummer. Think it's flat so I'll see if there's anything else I want from that site.

If you don't mind zPack, and if I haven't offended you too much, could you post pics (for others to review) when you get it and I'll do the same with whatever I decide on. lol

I'll try and get some pics up tonight.

FYI, I'm pretty thick skinned so no offense taken, would not have posted otherwise.
However while I may have come off a little short, it was not my intention to offend anyone and I stand by the context of my original reply.
I found my case through one of the already open discussions about cases before I responded to the OP.
The rules outlined in the youtube video should be followed by all, not just some. This will keep the sub forums much cleaner and useful for all.

Pics Added.

Last edited:

pappadj

Sep 20, 2009
Nice picks. Thanks! I think its as close to a decent soft case thats "somewhat" transparent that we are going to have that is obtainable at the moment. I was thinking of the d3o bumper band as it pretty much secures the phone from most impacts and in tandem with like some zagg invisishields or whatever, should be a decent full body transparent solution but Im curious as to how "fat" its going to make the edge? O well can't get eveything perfect. The phone should be built completely waterproof and impactproof without any design, tech, or price degredation. Lol, I also want the camera to have xray clothing capabilities and produce enough solar power to not only charge the 30K mah built in battery but have enough power output to operate the phone and charge other devices on average ambient lighting. Can it also link to my cerebral cortex and teach me Kung Fu? Lol

http://shop.htcpedia.com/htc-amaze-d3o-silicone-bumper-band-smoke.html

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.