The 'Returns and Replacements' thread.

Search This thread

devvfata1ity

Mar 1, 2011
Gurgaon
Really didn't want to return my phone as it was just about perfect apart from slight creaking/clicking from the top left of the screen, but it seems to have got noticeably worse over the week I've had it, so I didn't have much choice.

Waiting for my pre-paid envelope :(

Really? You're returning it for that..?

its really irritating while texting at night in the dark....even on the lowest brightness the backlight shines thru the gap

I'm only an apprentice so I can't afford to pay £6+ for Special Delivery :D

Dial A Phone were meant to send a prepaid Special Delivery envelope. They didn't. Spoke to them earlier and they were very apologetic for not sending the correct envelope.

****ting mesen that my phones lost now though :(

£6 or £500, I know what I'd choose mate,not trying to rub it or anything and I sincerely hope they receive it,keep us posted :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Kickasskev

Jul 31, 2010
Sunderland
Can't believe people are having all these problems, mine is perfect apart from the little bit of lagg in some games

MarylandCookie

May 13, 2010
Birmingham, UK
Has anyone had a replacement recently? What serial number are you getting?

My faulty device going in is HT23, I know HT24 devices are out in the wild, wonder if HT25 is about yet? (guessing that's what's next for batch numbering).

The serial number is on the sleeve which goes around the paper box.

Good point, it would be interesting to know what batches the faulty ones are comming from and what batches are good. People should start adding this detail in their posts. Really useful to know.

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
1 White HT23 screen strobing sent back. Awaiting replacement still from DAP will feedback model when received.

1 Grey HT23 since yesterday no strobing effect as of yet, usually came apparent a few days of usage. Will monitor that one. Cousins phone.

1 White HT23 sent back for refund no issues on that one in my testing but only tested for 1 day as this was my 2nd pre order model. Don't need 2 :rolleyes:

Kickasskev

Jul 31, 2010
Sunderland
Mine is HT23 grey, and its perfect, excellent battery aswell

5d603c75-b382-2594.jpg

Last edited:

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
I do think it's a HW issue, just my theory. Loose connection? After seeing the tear down pics. Or faulty part?

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
grey version ht23 and have to say this one is the best out of the lot. No problems what so ever. Actually enjoying my phone now. If you have problems no matter how small the issue is send the phone bk

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MarylandCookie

May 13, 2010
Birmingham, UK
Returned my HT23 due to corrupt screen under touch pressure on both sides.
Received my replacement this afternoon and just took it off charge, this is a HT24 and also as the corrupt screen under touch pressure but only on the left side.
Time to send this back too. Oh well. I'll keep trying until i get one im happy with,

flomitdreio

Oct 12, 2009
I just want to say, that my HOX works like a charme.
I've got the grey one, and I love it. No issues, nothing. Out of the box and i'm love with it!!!!
I just felt like to say that, because so many people will read this tread
and you have to think about how many HOX users are in this forum and how many have this issues. :D

fastphil

Jun 17, 2010
Edinburgh
I just want to say, that my HOX works like a charme.
I've got the grey one, and I love it. No issues, nothing. Out of the box and i'm love with it!!!!
I just felt like to say that, because so many people will read this tread
and you have to think about how many HOX users are in this forum and how many have this issues. :D

i am getting my white one ht23 replaced on Friday for a grey one what batch number is your device?

DazNoonan

Apr 10, 2012
Hull
I'm now on my fourth handset! The first one had horrific battery life. The second had flickering on the screen. Picked up my third this morning and there was a scratch and marks on the casing. So went to a Vodafone store again. Swapped the third one and got a fourth now which has a loose screen as the bottom left corner clicks when pressed. I do wish I checked the device more thoroughly in store but didn't have the time, Im either extremely unlucky which I doubt or the hox has poor build quality and even worse quality control.

I'm loosing my faith in HTC!!!

3 of my devices have been in batch 23 and the other was 24.

Wow so your going on to your fifth device; that's simply shocking. I thought going on to my third one (this coming Thursday) was bad enough, but having to go to at least a fifth one to try and get one working as it should is crazy!

I am in two minds at the moment. Part of me says this third one is the last chance from HTC and Vodafone to get me one that is okay; but the other part of me says just keep going until you get one that is working as it should as its a great device.

I am also loosing faith in HTC too; which is a shame as I do really love the phone. It's my first android device and it has already converted me over from Apple in a sense of the OS and look/feel of the handset. I guess I will hope for the best with the third one when it comes and hopefully it will all be good, if not then I may have to cancel my Vodafone upgrade go back to my iPhone 4 and await either a stable released device from HTC or for the SGS3.

treble4

Jan 13, 2010
lancashire
Mine came today very cool white looks the part very impressed with the stunning screen but not as good as the ip4s screen but not far off ,but firstly there is a slight blemish defect on one corner but I'm very very picky, also there are software issues the screen keeps going funny when taking pics and viewing videos so not impressed really so back it goes we will see what the sg3 has too offer

simp147

Sep 19, 2009
Newcastle
I have a creak at the top right of the screen on mine, a rattle when shaken, blue tint on photos taken using flash and what appears to be some smudging under the glass at the bottom when visible on white. Requested a replacement.

xenefur

Feb 17, 2011
sent mine back due to faulty home button, where only half of the button is lighted.
got a replacement for my white phone, so far quite happy with it.

jlegrange

Apr 10, 2012
Southampton
Wow so your going on to your fifth device; that's simply shocking. I thought going on to my third one (this coming Thursday) was bad enough, but having to go to at least a fifth one to try and get one working as it should is crazy!

I am in two minds at the moment. Part of me says this third one is the last chance from HTC and Vodafone to get me one that is okay; but the other part of me says just keep going until you get one that is working as it should as its a great device.

I am also loosing faith in HTC too; which is a shame as I do really love the phone. It's my first android device and it has already converted me over from Apple in a sense of the OS and look/feel of the handset. I guess I will hope for the best with the third one when it comes and hopefully it will all be good, if not then I may have to cancel my Vodafone upgrade go back to my iPhone 4 and await either a stable released device from HTC or for the SGS3.

It's beyond shocking, HTC even
pointed the finger at Vodafone saying they must have a faulty batch or are damaging the phones while branding them. The only reason I'm still swapping and not returning is because I can't think of another phone I'd want. I could wait for the new galaxy to be announced. But either way I'm going to see if I can get some compensation from Vodafone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just sent my white HTC one x back to buymobilesdirect as it had screen corruption under touch pressure, fantastic phone apart from that.

Will have my new one on wednesday, fingers crossed!

I bought GTA 3 and showdowgun will I be able to redownload for free or am I going to have to pay for them again??

Made taiwan ht23
    Same as OP. Sent today pre paid envelope to DAP for same reasons. White model made in Taiwan. Screen strobing on greys on all brightness levels.
    Sent an exchange request to Affordable Mobiles (screen ripples and strobing), won't surprise me if they take days to respond and then ask me to pay for postage :mad:
    Just returning my 2nd hox from three UK (grey) model.

1st HTC one x was dead on arrival, not charging or turning on.

2nd HTC has screen flickering and all usual bugs, intermittent graphic anomalies, coloured bars on left while using camera, browser distorted graphics in top bar and weird box in middle of screen, sense reloading constantly even with 2 factory resets.

Phoned HTC and they said they new of no problems or bugs with one x and no updates coming. Very worrying. 3rd handset on way, last chance HTC then over to galaxy III.
    Ere u go , HTC UK.

01279 206906