3g data and wi-fi problem

Search This thread

diabolnik

Apr 21, 2012
Hi guys! :victory:

I have got a problem with my samsung galaxy nexus stock version,
without root or unlocked bootloader.
The problem is about the 3g connection and wifi when I turn off the display.

3g: when I turn off the display, after a few minutes, the phone loses the data connection. It is like it goes in power saving mode because when I
turn on the display the signal icon turns grey and after a few instants blu. In fact mail, notifications, and whatsapp's messages are notified with
a 10-15 minutes delay.

wifi: same problem, when I turn off the display I lose the signal. When I turn on the display, the wifi icon disappear for an instant, become grey and then blue. Until it turns blue I don't get notifications.

I have already done several factory resets, disabled power saving settings
and I don't use any power management apps.
SMS and calls works fine.

help me please :confused:

M3drvr

Jun 12, 2011
British Columbia
Welcome to the club. I have the exact same issue and had a thread going about this. Nothing i've done has solved the problem. Even gone right to complete stock rom. Same problem. I noticed this started happening with 4.2. Before that i didn't have a problem. Mine only happens on Wi-Fi, no issue on mobile network connecitons. As well it happens no matter what router i'm connected to. This should be in the Q&A and troubleshooting section though...

With W-Fi make sure its set to always on in advanced Wi-Fi settings and that minimize power is unchecked as well as avoid poor connecitons. Might help for you.

diabolnik

Apr 21, 2012
Welcome to the club. I have the exact same issue and had a thread going about this. Nothing i've done has solved the problem. Even gone right to complete stock rom. Same problem. I noticed this started happening with 4.2. Before that i didn't have a problem. Mine only happens on Wi-Fi, no issue on mobile network connecitons. As well it happens no matter what router i'm connected to. This should be in the Q&A and troubleshooting section though...

With W-Fi make sure its set to always on in advanced Wi-Fi settings and that minimize power is unchecked as well as avoid poor connecitons. Might help for you.

I think the problem started happening with 4.1 :(

And I've all the settings you said :crying:

alexdemonumber3

Oct 23, 2010
I've dealt with the issue since updating to all the 4.2.x Roms. Not sure what it is, but its here to stay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

andQlimax

Jul 29, 2010
Rome
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
R: 3g data and wi-fi problem

Same me..I think it started with 4.2

I have 2 WiFi routers and have disconnection problems while screem off with only one router ( I know this router is crap but it should not happen, android should handle it)

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

diabolnik

Apr 21, 2012
I've dealt with the issue since updating to all the 4.2.x Roms. Not sure what it is, but its here to stay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Same me..I think it started with 4.2

I have 2 WiFi routers and have disconnection problems while screem off with only one router ( I know this router is crap but it should not happen, android should handle it)

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

do you have problem with the 3g also?

M3drvr

Jun 12, 2011
British Columbia
Yeah my problems aren't on 3G. Rarely have I had that drop out. It's happened, but that's once a month tops.

I've gone to the point of buying a high end router to exchange my old router. No difference. I had a Cisco e4200 and now an e6500. Also had a D-link Dir655. Happened on all of those. Happens at Starbucks and at work too on their routers.

It's software problem for sure. And it can be fixed. And complaints have been put up on Google code site. There are at least 5-600 posts on that topic with people suffering the same problem. Why don't they fix it? No idea.

diabolnik

Apr 21, 2012
UPDATE

To let the wifi work, I have downloaded the app "wi-fi fixer" and using it I
fixed (just a workaround) the wifi issue!!:good:

But what can I do about the3G connection?:confused::crying:

jlopez1286

Oct 21, 2010
Orlando
I have the same problem.. But mine is really bad.. My 3G drops for a long time or it just never comes back, I have to reboot several times.. Not sure wat the issue is..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app