finally Google wallet works

Search This thread

livingaboard

Jan 29, 2012
I just flashed the initial file, and then setup Google wallet. Then I rebooted into recovery and flash the second file that appears to put your build prop file back to the original Samsung settings.

I tried the other methods mentioned but they didn't work for me.

Here is the link to skynote rom thread and it contains the two files in the first post or so. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2093870 You can see who to thank for this at this thread.e

I don't take credit for any of this other than taking a chance and flashing these files from the Skynote Rom thread and trying on my Note 2 that has Cleanrom 4.0.5.

The cards I added to Wallet were my visa credit card, debit card and American Express.

Today I made two vending machine purchases using wallet with pictures attached. FYI I live in the Seattle Washington area and have not tried this wallet anywhere else.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-22-14-52-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-22-14-52-14.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,509
  • Screenshot_2013-02-22-14-52-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-22-14-52-05.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,449
Last edited:

futuregerald

Jun 15, 2007
Bronx
Thanks i'm going to try this on jedi rom and see if it works.

*Update*

It installed without issue for me and setup without any FC or anything else. I'll test it out tomorrow at cvs to make sure it works but so far so good. I'm on the latest Jedi rom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phytrax

rotule

Dec 3, 2012
Montreal

*Update*

It installed without issue for me and setup without any FC or anything else. I'll test it out tomorrow at cvs to make sure it works but so far so good. I'm on the latest Jedi rom.

Got it working on Jedi XpX , however, when i revert to my jedi build.prop, the wallet app dissapear.

i'd like to get it workingwith an official jedi build.prop so i'll keep trying some stuff, i'll keep you updated

rockinandroid

Apr 22, 2012
THANKS ALOT!!! worked on BLACKOUT RC3 like a charm.....just installed first zip and setup google wallet and then flashed second zip and walla...google wallet and spen works...AWESOME!!!:good::good:

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
THANKS ALOT!!! worked on BLACKOUT RC3 like a charm.....just installed first zip and setup google wallet and then flashed second zip and walla...google wallet and spen works...AWESOME!!!:good::good:

I taught RC3 had the wallet stuff built right in there. No need to flash anything. Just change the build prop after setting up wallet. All these zips do is change the build props from NEXUS back to I317.
Just my 2¢ :cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

darksora145

Jan 19, 2011
I can confirm that it works with the jedi rom. Just made my purchase today at whole foods and the receipt popped right up., :) really happy with this!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Reactions: fprice02

rotule

Dec 3, 2012
Montreal
I can confirm that it works with the jedi rom. Just made my purchase today at whole foods and the receipt popped right up., :) really happy with this!!!

but you keep using the skynote build.prop?

then all adjustments and tweaks to build.prop by ptrm are gone you have the skynote one

i'm currently trying to find what don't work in jedi's build.prop that make the wallet dissapear when i revert it.. i'll post if ever i find anything that works.

Last edited:

daveschz

Dec 12, 2006
Minneapolis MN
Thanks for this, it worked on my STOCK rooted i317. Just flashed the first one, rebooted and set up Wallet, and flashed the second one. Haven't gotten to test it yet but I can't imagine having a problem with it since it let me set everything up and I was able to load back into the app after the 2nd flash. Awesome, thanks for the info OP.

darksora145

Jan 19, 2011
No I flashed the revert to go back to note 2 and all my functionality is still good so I'm back to note 2 build prop

rotule

Dec 3, 2012
Montreal
Pple who have done this on jedi, do you use your old jedi build.prop after?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

darksora145

Jan 19, 2011
If you downloaded the two zip files from sky notes page for Google wallet it tells you that you have to get rid of the old Google wallet stuff so it doesn't get wonky when you set up the new ones. And yes you do have to use the old build prop afterwards. That's what the finalized zip is for after you flash the step 1 zip

nigelquest

Mar 14, 2006
I tried this setup on my ATT note 2 and can not get past "setting up wallet for purchases". I am running Clean Rom and have followed the steps exactly. I have also tried clearing the cache and data on the wallet apk and the nfc services. Any thoughts on what to try next?

nigelquest

Mar 14, 2006
Ok, tried another method and now I am stuck at adding card though it does show as a new device added and it shows me the card that is on file.

I tried this setup on my ATT note 2 and can not get past "setting up wallet for purchases". I am running Clean Rom and have followed the steps exactly. I have also tried clearing the cache and data on the wallet apk and the nfc services. Any thoughts on what to try next?

livingaboard

Jan 29, 2012

what do you mean by cant get past? Do you mean it takes more than a few minutes and then you give up and reboot? I would make sure you uninstall any google wallet apk you have on the phone and any other traces of it. Maybe then reboot and try the two files again?

nigelquest

Mar 14, 2006
It eventually fails to add the card after a few hours. As for the first failure I gave it many, many hours. Ill give your suggestion a try though. Thanks!

what do you mean by cant get past? Do you mean it takes more than a few minutes and then you give up and reboot? I would make sure you uninstall any google wallet apk you have on the phone and any other traces of it. Maybe then reboot and try the two files again?

nigelquest

Mar 14, 2006
I get to this screen, get an email from Google saying I activated a new wallet and then it sits here indefinitely.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-26-10-47-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-26-10-47-00.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 365

tkjeeper

Jan 24, 2011
As I understand this doesn't work up here in Canada right? Are any of you guys Canadians? Love to have this.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda app-developers app

nigelquest

Mar 14, 2006
Now after about an hour I get this. Tried on lte and wifi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-26-11-27-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-26-11-27-07.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 387

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just flashed the initial file, and then setup Google wallet. Then I rebooted into recovery and flash the second file that appears to put your build prop file back to the original Samsung settings.

I tried the other methods mentioned but they didn't work for me.

Here is the link to skynote rom thread and it contains the two files in the first post or so. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2093870 You can see who to thank for this at this thread.e

I don't take credit for any of this other than taking a chance and flashing these files from the Skynote Rom thread and trying on my Note 2 that has Cleanrom 4.0.5.

The cards I added to Wallet were my visa credit card, debit card and American Express.

Today I made two vending machine purchases using wallet with pictures attached. FYI I live in the Seattle Washington area and have not tried this wallet anywhere else.

*Update*

Yeah this is the biggest thing. I am in canada and got this working while I was skynote but I wanna come.back to jedi and keep the jedi build prop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Here is what I use , I works on rogers with xpx

http://db.tt/7B4ADY96

Here is what I done

Follow all instructions in the skynote post.

When everything works, swap build.prop with mine , fix permissions (I did it manyally with root explorer ) and then reboot

Everyting should still work and you have the jedi xpx build.prop configurations