[Q] GPS No Lock. Fix?

Search This thread

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
I am not at home right now, and won't be for the next few days as I am out of town. However yesterday I noticed that the GPS does not lock anymore. I already restored the EFS backup I had from before but to no avail. Is there a way to get GPS working again? Some threads say to flash stock. Others told me it's impossible to fix it. I desperately need it as I am not familiar with the area and it's very inconvenient to not have working GPS. You never know when you might need it.

grunch21

Feb 13, 2014
I am not at home right now, and won't be for the next few days as I am out of town. However yesterday I noticed that the GPS does not lock anymore. I already restored the EFS backup I had from before but to no avail. Is there a way to get GPS working again? Some threads say to flash stock. Others told me it's impossible to fix it. I desperately need it as I am not familiar with the area and it's very inconvenient to not have working GPS. You never know when you might need it.

Flash stock based rom first, get a gps lock, then restore your backup. What rom are you using btw?

toybxb

Dec 20, 2009
Baixa da Banheira
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I just realized that i have the same problem (Carbon too)...i saw in the e970 topics that some guys had the same problem, they fixed with FREEGEE, option RESTORE EFS, i had restore but havent tried it yeat, because im at the office building...i think this will work ;)

grunch21

Feb 13, 2014
Carbon ROM created by me and @mathsz.

What do you mean by restore the backup? The EFS backup I made was made in Carbon ROM.

I did whit the LG software KDZ update...lost root and bootloader unlock. i think i will stay whit original rom but with root...

It'd be easier if you could find a stock based rom for your model (E971?) rather than using KDZ. Get GPS lock, then restore your ROM if you want. Though in your case i think it's safer to use stock rom for a while since GPS issue is known bug for gee/b based ROMs.

toybxb

Dec 20, 2009
Baixa da Banheira
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
It'd be easier if you could find a stock based rom for your model (E971?) rather than using KDZ. Get GPS lock, then restore your ROM if you want. Though in your case i think it's safer to use stock rom for a while since GPS issue is known bug for gee/b based ROMs.

Mine is e975 ;)
I was using Carbon Rom since january...and never got any problem with gps, but now...had to return to stock.