Aedon's FULL Dusk Keyboard Skins

Search This thread

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
So youve tried looking for keyboard skins befor and were excited about the great new look it gave your phone right?

BUT
You were dissapointed to find that it only skinned the very basic onscreen qwerty right?

I know I was.

SO
I did something about it.
If your familiar with the Sharkie rom, you might have noticed that his 5.0 rom featured a full keyboard skin in wich every single keyboard in the phone had been skinned in Dinik's iconic anastasia theme.
That was my first keyboard skin.

But after the fact I had noticed a themeI liked better then the anastasia glass.

The DUSK!

So I colaborated a bit more with sharkie to make this new full keyborad skin.
We decided that a traditional black and white look would be best and I went to work on this Dusk keyboard.

Stock green is just that, a stock green version
Sharkie theme was made to match the sharki roms aqua blue them.
Crimson Red was basicly for my use but I'll share

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DISCLAIMER
I did not come up with the original DUSK style graphics, I only used its style for this skin.
This is for WVGA phones running EZImputs v2.1.2012.2024.00 (with arrows)

Leave request and comments
Enjoy

Last edited:

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
White keyboard keys fix

Ok... if anyone else has an issue of having white text on your keyboards instead of black like its sapouse to, this is what you do.
Follow thees steps exactly.....

First, download the "Black ezinputs.zip" at the bottom of this post.

Extract the folder inside of it and place it somewhere on your storage card.

Using total commander, navagate to that folder and click it.

Now, 'right click' or hold down on the file inside of the folder. (the file name should be 'ezinput.dll') and hit 'Properties'

Uncheck all the boxes under attributes.
(just click on the check mark, and it you have to click it again if it goes gray rather then dissapearing)

Click ok at the botom of your screen.

Now go to your windows directory.
Find the ezinputs.dll in your windows directory and do the same thing.

After hitting ok, rename this file to 'ezinputs2.dll'

Go back to the file on your sdcard and right click it and select 'copy/move'
then on the next window you have 4 choices
copy
move
tree
cancel

Select 'tree', then click on 'windows' (it should be the last item on that list of folders)

After that, it will go back to the window with the 4 choices mensioned above.

Select 'copy'
It might take a min to do this, just wait.

Once its finished there, soft reset.

After its started up, your keys should be black again.
All thats left to do is go back into your windows directory and delete the 'ezinputs2.dll' file.

Reset again just to be safe.
That should take care of it.

This guide was written under the pretence that you have used some other keyboard skin or file that has changed your text to white.
(Otherwise Id say you dont even need to do this as your text should be black if nothing has been tampered with.....)

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 5,948
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 5,833
  • ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 5,836
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 5,875
Last edited:
Reactions: nuvens

lnando84

May 28, 2008
Allentown
Hey Aedon, nice to see you sharing over here too!! You did a great job with these..they deserve all the exposure they can get!! I'm guna put a bid in to see they make front page:D

nathanpc

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Congratulations. It's great to see that there's still someone developing for Windows Mobile, this motivated me to port my Android and iOS applications to Windows Mobile :)

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
Wow these look great. Will they work on all screen sizes?

Probably not all unfortunatly.
I have a Sprint touch pro 2 running Stock Energy on a 29020 build.

The touch pro 2 is a WVGA screen and the energy build is using EZImputs 2.1

If you want, go ahead and try it out to see if it works, if not post some screen shots so I can look over the mistake

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
Heres an idea I have.
I wont do it unless people ask for it, but it doesnt seem like too many people are really asking for much or even commenting.

But in any case, I changed the letter color to white.
I could make a dark themed dusk skin...
If anyone is interested

attachment.php

Last edited:
Reactions: lnando84

aedon

Jan 28, 2011
Austin Tx
I need some feedback here, HD2 users, does this keyboard fit your phone?

what about other touch pro 2 users?

If you have any problems or missalighnments post a screen shot and let me know what phone your using and i'll see what I can do

Thanks

Last edited:

dmoses1969

Dec 30, 2007
Kansas
aedon,

What Android port are you running? Send me a link to it and I can rip it apart and send you the files to theme.

dmoses1969

Dec 30, 2007
Kansas
If you are running the android port on your phone, you should be able to install Root Explorer on your phone. Navigate to System/App/ and pull your keyboard and any other apk that you want to theme. I can help you with resigning the apk files and then you should be able to use root explorer again to push them back to their original location.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=951962

but he just realeased another one so im going to try that one soon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So youve tried looking for keyboard skins befor and were excited about the great new look it gave your phone right?

BUT
    You were dissapointed to find that it only skinned the very basic onscreen qwerty right?

I know I was.

SO
    I did something about it.
    If your familiar with the Sharkie rom, you might have noticed that his 5.0 rom featured a full keyboard skin in wich every single keyboard in the phone had been skinned in Dinik's iconic anastasia theme.
    That was my first keyboard skin.

But after the fact I had noticed a themeI liked better then the anastasia glass.

The DUSK!

So I colaborated a bit more with sharkie to make this new full keyborad skin.
    We decided that a traditional black and white look would be best and I went to work on this Dusk keyboard.

Stock green is just that, a stock green version
    Sharkie theme was made to match the sharki roms aqua blue them.
    Crimson Red was basicly for my use but I'll share

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

DISCLAIMER
    I did not come up with the original DUSK style graphics, I only used its style for this skin.
    This is for WVGA phones running EZImputs v2.1.2012.2024.00 (with arrows)

Leave request and comments
    Enjoy
    White keyboard keys fix

Ok... if anyone else has an issue of having white text on your keyboards instead of black like its sapouse to, this is what you do.
    Follow thees steps exactly.....

First, download the "Black ezinputs.zip" at the bottom of this post.

Extract the folder inside of it and place it somewhere on your storage card.

Using total commander, navagate to that folder and click it.

Now, 'right click' or hold down on the file inside of the folder. (the file name should be 'ezinput.dll') and hit 'Properties'

Uncheck all the boxes under attributes.
    (just click on the check mark, and it you have to click it again if it goes gray rather then dissapearing)

Click ok at the botom of your screen.

Now go to your windows directory.
    Find the ezinputs.dll in your windows directory and do the same thing.

After hitting ok, rename this file to 'ezinputs2.dll'

Go back to the file on your sdcard and right click it and select 'copy/move'
    then on the next window you have 4 choices
    copy
    move
    tree
    cancel

Select 'tree', then click on 'windows' (it should be the last item on that list of folders)

After that, it will go back to the window with the 4 choices mensioned above.

Select 'copy'
    It might take a min to do this, just wait.

Once its finished there, soft reset.

After its started up, your keys should be black again.
    All thats left to do is go back into your windows directory and delete the 'ezinputs2.dll' file.

Reset again just to be safe.
    That should take care of it.

This guide was written under the pretence that you have used some other keyboard skin or file that has changed your text to white.
    (Otherwise Id say you dont even need to do this as your text should be black if nothing has been tampered with.....)
    reserved for future releases
    Congratulations bro, check it out.. I told you I'd get you on xda's portal/homepage!! These skins are great!! I'm working on getting you those files for hd2 conversion..ooops did I leak that:p

http://www.xda-developers.com/windo...ows-mobile-keyboard-with-dusk-keyboard-skins/
    Heres an idea I have.
    I wont do it unless people ask for it, but it doesnt seem like too many people are really asking for much or even commenting.

But in any case, I changed the letter color to white.
    I could make a dark themed dusk skin...
    If anyone is interested

attachment.php