[ROM][PRO|FUZE][28244][06MAR11] TAEL ROM v6.28244 Final • FAST|STABLE|TWEAKED •

Search This thread

Sab3elbromba

Nov 29, 2007
New Cairo, EG
You can have it instead of "Phone" in left softkey. Because right soft key has Sense options menu.

Add this registry entry.
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila]
"HomeLSKPath"="\\Windows\\HTCActionScreen.exe"
"HomeLSKText"="Action"

1st of all Congrats on the "as usual" Great rom, looks great and feels fast and stable.

I tried to change the left softkey as you described above but everytime I try to press the left soft key I get this error:
"The file 'HTCActionScreen' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of it's components cannot be found. If the problem presists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."
I tried opening the file it's self from the directory windows and it works no problems, so what can I do to fix this?

Btw, I don't like the dialer skin, the previous one was much better.

zontri

Oct 2, 2008
Help

Hello tael the rom is very good :)
I have done extensive testing, I find myself in big trouble, what are the notes I made in the calendar, that is all the notes, birthdays and reminders are not recognized in the rom Sense Edition .. .
The version I had earlier v2.23420 - 22 October 2009, put the new and is not the calendar. Can you help me?
Has anyone encountered the same?

Greetings

TAEL

Retired Recognized Developer
Hmm, nothing is working smoothly. No landscape when I pull the keyboard out, everything goes black besides the task bars.

HTC Sense supports landscape mode in Photos and Music tabs only. (It's not related to ROM).

great rom tael, but as far as i'm looking for a rock solid bug free rom I can't use it atm....no offense to ur amazing work its just that its beta manila & WM 6.5.1 :D
i was wondering are u still going to releasing WM 6.5 21876 build stock like + Manila 2.1 rom ??

I'm not planning to release 21876 yet, but it's possible soon.

TAEL, your work is truly appreciated. I have one question. I really do not care for the battery icons used in your rom. Any way to restore the original icon set with minimal hassle? :)

Remove this registry entries :

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\security\ResOver\Bitmaps]
"BatteryIconLevels"=dword:65
"BatteryIconIdStart"=dword:3e9
"BaseDll"="phcanOverbmp.dll"
"BaseId"=dword:0

Tael, here is my donation. This goes for your outstanding job in this Sense ROM and in your previous versions!

7G454650GT445032P

Keep with the good job!

Thanks a lot for supporting TAEL ROM project. I promise to do my best on these ROMs.

Regards.

This is very fine ROM. Manila 2.5 is 100% unusable in keyb open view (just black screen or partial home screen that does not works), but all other is just matured from latest release. Thanks Tael and waiting for next Manila 2.5 release!
BTW I like the dialer screen from the 2.23420 more.
PS This time I cannot find where to disable the the keyb open/close sound. :) Please advice.

HTC Sense doesn't supports landscape mode. (just Photos and Music tab works in this mode).

Dialer skin will revert back in next releases due to many requests.
Regards.

Have tested SENSE Version for couple of hours. Awesome ROM, best of the best. Very Fast and Stable.
Excellent Job Tael

You're welcome mate. :)

TAEL: My first comment is WOW! You work fast. After 1.23088 was a bit of a letdown, you popped up with the Sense Version. But I did not see the promised Standard version uploaded yet. You were too tired from all the hard work o Sense Edititon It's OKAY! You need sleep to build better ROMS! Will we have the Standard Edition tomorrow maybe? ;)

I like the look of the Sense Version, but it does not sound like a good match for the Fuze Keyboard/Landscape screens, and so I will wait for Standard, which will be beautiful, more stable, and better match for FUZE Hardware.

I'm collecting bugs with your helps and then I'll fix them and release new standard edition.

and about Fuze, there's no any problems on Fuze hardware keyboard. It's just like v2.23420 and works fine. (you should change your layout with keybaord selector).

HTC Sense doesn't supports landscape mode. It's not related to this ROM.

Regards.

this dialer got video support>??

No. but maybe in next releases. (you can use v2.23420 Standard Edition)

Great job Tael! I have no complaints, works like a charm, minus the GWES problem, but I can count on you to roll out that fix. Keep it up!

Thanks a lot mate. GWES will fix in next release.
Regards.

tried it since a few hours, GREAT JOB!!! only thing i miss is the programm tab, because the six shortcuts on the homescreen are not that much ;)
any chance to get that?

HTC Sense doesn't have it as default, but developers are made a customization for this and I'll include that into next releases.

where is text selecting? didn't find that...

While writing a message, tap and hold on text, it appears.

Hi ,

thx for the great rom, but i juz wanna ask izzit the dialler support video call?
if not, how do i fix it?suggest pls

No, it doesn't support that and you cannot install manually. Try v2.23420 Standard Edition or wait for next releases.

Hi

Just flashed with the latest ROM.
WoW I also got the Weather Demo... Cool...
Looking into it more....
Read in the post about messages working fine, Which I also think a gr8 achivement.
Overall Looks good.... Congrats and thanx... for such a nice ROM.. Keep it up...
Will update is any more bugs I get.

Also I have one doubt can you send me the configured kitchen for WM6.5 - Manilla 2.5 1920 or for the current ROM.

I am trying with the Visual Kitchen But I dont know where its going wrong, I successfully developed ROM for my previous PDA HTC GENE. I am trying for Raphael.
If you can help me out for this.
You can send me the zip file on my email also if you want : bhushangahire2007@gmail.com

Thanks,

Sorry mate, I can't share that. :)

is this ROM hurt CPU? (because of Manila 2.5?)

LOL, no! :D

Tael is not posssible to change the right menu of sense optinos to another like "camera". We don't need the Options there... i think..;)

Other thing, how Can I do to put Left Hardkey (home) bring the manila to home tab and not the star menu of windows?
Tanks a lot ;)

Use that keys. RSK is for right key and LSK for left key.

And about second question, read below quote. :)

Check post number 3 in this thread...

Thanks for nice tip. :)

Great ROM TAEL. It's first time using your ROM and I must say that is the best ROM I have used until today.

I like it because it's simple, it doesn't have so many colours (!), it has squared SOFTkeys and it works perfect. THANKS!

I'm so happy because of your comment. Glad to know that. Enjoy it. ;)

1st of all Congrats on the "as usual" Great rom, looks great and feels fast and stable.

I tried to change the left softkey as you described above but everytime I try to press the left soft key I get this error:

I tried opening the file it's self from the directory windows and it works no problems, so what can I do to fix this?

Btw, I don't like the dialer skin, the previous one was much better.

Check your address. If it runs fine from windows folder, so your url in registry maybe not correct.

and about dialer, I'll change it to original in next releases.

Regards.

rsommerv

Feb 23, 2007
I'm really really impressed with this ROM, all I've found is:

the landscape issue metnioned before where sense doesn't work but it's not just sense, eg, trying the copy/paste feature in text messaging in landscape doesn't show me the two draggable end markers, I only get them in portrait.

I have the OK/Cancel buttons issue mentioned earlier where they disappear from the dialogs, I'll try and get a screenshot next time it happens.

I notice that if I go to the 'All People' list then press the search button and pull up the onscreen keyboard then it blanks all the contacts out instead of just overlaying the onscreen keyboard over the lower section of the contacts. So you end up typing the contact you want then removing the onscreen keyboard to see the contacts that have matched.

but a really great looking rom, very responsive.

EclipseX

May 29, 2007
Quinta do Conde
when I wrote a mensage on landscape mode, The button for send Disapear =/, do you have any cab for that?

All things on landscape mode have problems :S....

peace942

Jul 31, 2007
Pensacola, FL
TAEL - What a tasty ROM (Great Work)

TAEL- Many many thanks! By far the best yet of any ROM I have put on my Fuze:cool:
Only a few small kinks to mention for you to look at.
1.the previously mentioned issue with dialogue pop-up of OK/Cancel (I don't really care I've used my phone enough to know whats what.) LOL
2.When the camera pops up if you click video it goes to camera if you click camera it goes to camera. (Not a big deal either I can select video from the menu)
3.When using the Internet Tab I cannot add favorites because when I choose edit I get a blank screen.
(If you find any regedits that fix this I am completely happy with this ROM and would be hard pressed to reload another as I love it) No bugs No crashes No REAL problems.
ALL AROUND SWEETNESS. Thanks again man! I cannot say thanks enough for this.

RaphB

Jun 19, 2008
East Coast
Tael sense bugs

Tael,

This is a great and interesting ROM. Its contact and email population was slow but ultimately after a few soft reset worked fine.

I noted that you had listed a few bugs or annoyances and was wondering if you could tell us more. I use the Program tab a lot and was wondering if you could point me to other forum where it is addressed or if you had a CAB to add it?

In answering a SMS, there is a delay between the taping of the screen and the edit mode.

I also found out that when setting the favorite contact, the list to chose from did not have the alphabetical index as usual; When displaying a dialog windows in installation or in an application, the buttons were either missing or masked.

In the Setting section, the Location option does not work.

Raphael

kupchino

Nov 9, 2007
Houston, TX
This is a Manila 2.5 affect and this is Normal :) nothing to do with the rom...clock goes back 1hrs and 02 min. every time you go out of manila home but adjust itself to correct time back again.

There is a fix a single one manila file that will stop the clock from "resetting" every time you return to the screen. I am now attaching here, just copy it to windows folder and softreset and make back up of old manila if you want to go back...

I did not make this, they are from the akeo 2.5 port thread.
Thanks goes to akeo and capt Tback and jmckeejr and krogoth etc.

Thanks bud!

finsmaniac02

Dec 1, 2007
Bugs/annoyances:
you can disable the HTC contact picker (will let you go menu->add recipient in SMS) by changing this registry
HKLM\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\HTCContactPicker and changing it to 0
The cab in the link above this might do the same.

Also, the internet tab isn't working as I am used to on other 2.5 roms. When you go to add a "visual bookmark" it lets you pick from the existing but when you go menu->add the screen goes blank. To add to this, the bookmarks used inside of Opera are not the same as listed in the internet tab. This can be fixed with this regedit:
HKLM\Software\Opera\Info\UseOperaBookmark change this to 0
also nice to quickload opera (may have battery drain)
HKLM\Software\Opera\Preload\RealExit change this to 0

These changes still do not fix the internet tab however, any advice would be appreciated

Quick review:
This is my first time using a TAEL rom, I usually use Enrgy or Chrome roms.
I like the clean presentation of this rom. It is fast and relatively bug free. I really like that you have ezinput 2.1 cooked in. The icons are awesome, the background for the start menu is awesome. The organization is good. No extra unneeded apps from what I can tell. Memory usage is good.

Overall I am very impressed and would probably consider these roms (TAEL) and NRG pretty close to each other for overall quality. TAEL roms just stay closer to stock look and feel, NRG is more customized

Some (hopefully) constructive criticism lol:
1) I believe you are using "interceptor" to fix the screen position for the start menu being on the bottom in this build. This gives one very nice advantage of the start menu hiding in landscape views of music and photo. BUT... sometimes the screen will "fix twice" and have a gap about the size of the start bar on the bottom, and THEN the start bar. Hopefully this gets fixed by the creator of "interceptor" soon. (This is not a rom problem, although I maybe suggest using the original e-natives position fix instead until this is fixed. AS IS, when the problem occurs running memory cleaner will fix it)

2) I would recommend cooking in the reg fix that I stated above.

3) I would recommend cooking in total commander, pocket rar app, diamond tweak, touch incall screen tweak (of course these can all be added later and are largely preference although I think most people would like)

4) I would recommend providing a link to showcase_s (showcase settings) for people who want to add exclusions (I always add tmail.exe and Messaging_Client.exe)

5) My preference, but the cab that makes the home button take to home tab of sense is nice for 1)getting out of messaging (I don't like the cab that adds the send button because then one doesnt exist in landscape) and also 2) when you use the home key to get back to home tab you can then use the end key (sometimes have to double tap) to start weather animation without opening and closing something else.

-- Hope I didn't sound to negative. I like this rom, just thought I would give my 2cents.

Thanks for the awesome work! :D

Last edited:

AlfredWallace

Sep 25, 2008
Manila Weather

Hello,

I really appreciate this ROM, but I can't fix this little issue:

The Weather is by default on a wrong city. We can't disable "My Location" in the Weather any more.
It seems that the Weather uses Google Maps data.

So I installed Google Maps and it was indeed centered on that wrong location.
Using GPS, Google Maps found my actual location, but this doesn't change the wrong data in Weather.

Tried to change the Manila registry data, but no change, Weather resets itself with the bad data.

What can I do ?

Thanks to all that can solve this.

Regards,

Alfred

Astrovilos

Feb 29, 2008
Athens
Quick review:
I like the clean presentation of this rom. It is fast and relatively bug free. I really like that you have ezinput 2.1 cooked in. The icons are awesome, the background for the start menu is awesome. The organization is good. No extra unneeded apps from what I can tell. Memory usage is good.

Overall I am very impressed and would probably consider these roms (TAEL) and NRG pretty close to each other for overall quality. TAEL roms just stay closer to stock look and feel, NRG is more customized

I totally agree with you my friend!

Keep up the good work TAEL!

robtor22

Jan 15, 2008
Porto
aboaudor.blogspot.com
Bugs/annoyances:
you can disable the HTC contact picker (will let you go menu->add recipient in SMS) by changing this registry
HKLM\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\HTCContactPicker and changing it to 0
The cab in the link above this might do the same.

Also, the internet tab isn't working as I am used to on other 2.5 roms. When you go to add a "visual bookmark" it lets you pick from the existing but when you go menu->add the screen goes blank. To add to this, the bookmarks used inside of Opera are not the same as listed in the internet tab. This can be fixed with this regedit:
HKLM\Software\Opera\Info\UseOperaBookmark change this to 0
also nice to quickload opera (may have battery drain)
HKLM\Software\Opera\Preload\RealExit change this to 0

These changes still do not fix the internet tab however, any advice would be appreciated

Quick review:

Some (hopefully) constructive criticism lol:
1) I believe you are using "interceptor" to fix the screen position for the start menu being on the bottom in this build. This gives one very nice advantage of the start menu hiding in landscape views of music and photo. BUT... sometimes the screen will "fix twice" and have a gap about the size of the start bar on the bottom, and THEN the start bar. Hopefully this gets fixed by the creator of "interceptor" soon. (This is not a rom problem, although I maybe suggest using the original e-natives position fix instead until this is fixed. AS IS, when the problem occurs running memory cleaner will fix it)

2) I would recommend cooking in the reg fix that I stated above.

3) I would recommend cooking in total commander, pocket rar app, diamond tweak, touch incall screen tweak (of course these can all be added later and are largely preference although I think most people would like)

4) I would recommend providing a link to showcase_s (showcase settings) for people who want to add exclusions (I always add tmail.exe and Messaging_Client.exe)

5) My preference, but the cab that makes the home button take to home tab of sense is nice for 1)getting out of messaging (I don't like the cab that adds the send button because then one doesnt exist in landscape) and also 2) when you use the home key to get back to home tab you can then use the end key (sometimes have to double tap) to start weather animation without opening and closing something else.

-- Hope I didn't sound to negative. I like this rom, just thought I would give my 2cents.

Thanks for the awesome work! :D

Tanks a lot, it's work. Seem that you know something, and we appreciate that... Keep helping...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][PRO|FUZE][28244][06MAR11] TAEL ROM v6.28244 Final • FAST|STABLE|TWEAKED •

05745IMM8261282379945temp.gif

v6.28244 [Final]

05744IMM1861282380297temp.gif

• Arcsoft MMS
    • Java Jblend
    • Quick GPS
    • HTC Sense 2.5
    • Co0kie Home Tab
    • Adobe PDF
    • Advanced Configuration
    • Auto Call Recorder
    • Calculator
    • CleanRAM
    • Core Player
    • Cyberon Voice Speed Dialer
    • Microsoft Facebook
    • FM Radio
    • Google Maps
    • Microsoft MyPhone
    • Nitrogen MP3 Player
    • Opera Mobile
    • Palringo
    • PIM Backup
    • Resco Explorer
    • Resco Photo Manager Pro
    • Resco Registery Editor
    • RSS Hub
    • Torch Button
    • Touch InCall Screen Tweak
    • uTask
    • Voice Recorder
    • Whip2Snap
    • Windows Live
    • Windows Marketplace
    • Youtube
    • Bubble Breaker
    • Teeter
    • EzInput
    • Finger Keyboard
    • Swype
    TAEL ROM v6.23152 BETA

Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/442349781/TAELROM_v6.23152_BETA.nbh

*This is a beta release and it's just for test and reporting problems and submitting suggestions.

Regards
    TAEL ROM v6.23152 Release Candidate
    February 13, 2011

No more information at this moment, just use it and submit last bugs, requests, feedback.

Thanks a lot for using TAEL ROM, donations are NOT required but always appreciated.

Have a nice day!
    Come on guys. :)
    TAEL ROM v5.23145 BETA

• Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23145
    • HTC Sense 2019
    • Updated a lot of packages and drivers
    • Tweaked as always
    • ...and things that I've forgot them now. :eek:
    NOTICE : this release doesn't have any CHT, and I think it supports chinese, please report if it works.

Discover the new food, enjoy.

http://rapidshare.com/files/429143364/TAELROM-v5.23145-BETA.nbh

*making mirror for above link is appreciated.