Help Getting Backup Restored

Search This thread

jnz1

Apr 14, 2014
I was given a framework-res.apk file that was going to give me a different power options menu. Before I did anything with the file I created a complete nandroid back up to the sd card. I also went the the original file and changed the name to .bak. I then or so I thought placed the apk in the folder and changed permissions. However the phone immediately restarted and now is in a boot loop stuck at the Samsung logo. Phone will not boot into recovery as it attempts to then just restarts over. i plugged the phone into the computer and it does not recognize it. Any suggestions on how I can either restore my backup or get to the original file to remove the .bak from the file to get everything working again. Thanks for the help.

dyandell

Jul 22, 2013
Have you tried pulling the battery and manually going into recovery by holding up volume + power? Sometimes just pulling the battery and letting it boot normally will work but I doubt it in this situation.

jnz1

Apr 14, 2014
Tried all the main things. Just fixed the problem though. I re flashed recovery allowing me to boot into recovery on the phone and backup is restoring as we speak.