Cm9/ics for the droid 3 *** users thread ***

Search This thread

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
Lol, I was just thinking that, as I was about to delete it. I just used TiBu to freeze it for the time being. :p

D3 CM9 Alpha 6

Diggy1584

Jan 26, 2011
Is anybody else having issues with Chrome Beta on ICS. For me nothing is loading, just a white screen. I am running alpha v.6.

Sent from my XT862 using XDA App

Reactions: jjhiza

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
I didn't even know it was out, honestly! I'm downloading now, so I'll post some feedback after I play with it for a bit. :)

D3 CM9 Alpha 6

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
I haven't had any Wifi or GPS issues yet, but I did just test out Chrome...it works perfectly on my A500, but not my D3. The page loads, but no content is displayed. My first impression is that it's really nice, but I hope Google implements the Quick Controls for easier navigation. Gestures seem to be supported in some fashion (swipe left or right from either edge of the screen to switch tabs), and the speed is ridiculous!! Flash isn't supported though (even with flash player installed), but overall, I'm stoked for this! It's a bit annoying that the browser won't sync automatically (like the stock ICS browser), but the setup is quick and painless. If any of you guys have tablets running ICS, I'd suggest giving this a test drive for sure... it's beta, so there will be some missing features, but there should be some nice improvements on the horizon...and it's the fastest browser I've used to date! :)

D3 CM9 Alpha 6

Last edited:

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
Its not a bug of this rom. If yu read the reviews other people have the issue with chrome too

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Cheezhead19

Jan 7, 2012
I'd much rather have working camera than working chrome. ICS browser+ is awesome until chrome gets some of the features.

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
Oh, no, I know it's not a bug, I was just kinda giving a brief review for anyone who was interested in trying it out. ICS Browser+ is definitely great, and I completely agree with the sentiment that having all the core elements in place (eg. Camera) is far more important than debugging an alternate browser. Sorry for the confusion. :)

A500 Thor ICS v96

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
No luck here with chrome beta...

i was told that the chrome beta relies heavily on renderscript .. which comes back to 2 issues for us:
- no hw codecs
- no support for IMG oes in OpenGL (white screen)

dan.dior

Feb 9, 2012
something else...

is it possible to set it on the to do list, that a tweak for the hw-keyboard find a way to the CM9?

Nadlabak developed on the CM7.1+ for the good old Droid/Milestone a double click system for umlauts like this: a >short< double a is ä, o is ö, u=ü and s=ß

n shift before a double A is Ä,... Ö,Ü.

its a very, very helpful thing in a big part of europe, mainly ger speaking countrys. momently we are breaking our fingers. believe me!

you can make a lot of people happy!

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
I know you can hold the physical keyboard keys down and it gives symbols I believe. I haven't tried 100% on ICS but I know on the wife's phone which is 100% stock it does and I know the ICS software keyboard does if you hold down a key.

dan.dior

Feb 9, 2012
"I know you can hold the physical keyboard keys down and it gives symbols I believe. I haven't tried 100% on ICS but I know on the wife's phone which is 100% stock it does and I know the ICS software keyboard does if you hold down a key."

yes, i know, thats the old way on all droid/milestone devices.

but a long hold of such key and a push on the "symbol" in a list is not real funny.

these four letters are in every third word, so it is annoying to write something.

dan.dior

Feb 9, 2012
ok, thanks for the link. but it is not this, what we are looking for: multi press etc. for the ICS.

nadlabak answered me:

that he plan to do it, he hasn't found the time to re-implement the multipress keyboard feature in ICS and possibly CM9 yet. as there are quite significant changes to the input processing in ICS, he has to research how to do it the best way under ICS first.

so far...

Last edited:

haztv

Jun 1, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
loving my new D3 running the alpha 6 build but I have one issue that is killing me. I use widgetlocker as my lock screen and on my OG and D2G I was able to unlock my phone using either the volume buttons or touching the keyboard if it was already open prior to it going to sleep. I am not able to duplicate this functionality on my D3 with ics and wasn't able to get titanium backup to restore widgetlocker when I was on gingerblur so I'm not sure if it's a widgetlocker/D3 issue or an ics issue... I wouldn't have an issue just using the power button but my d2g was almost rendered useless when the power button jammed in and became inoperable and left me figuring out workarounds to turn my phone on reboot and turn the screen off... I'm trying to avoid using this power button as much as possible so if anyone knows of a way I can unlock or wake my phone from using the volume buttons pleaseeeee let me know... other than that and the penile screen I have zero complaints

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
loving my new D3 running the alpha 6 build but I have one issue that is killing me. I use widgetlocker as my lock screen and on my OG and D2G I was able to unlock my phone using either the volume buttons or touching the keyboard if it was already open prior to it going to sleep. I am not able to duplicate this functionality on my D3 with ics and wasn't able to get titanium backup to restore widgetlocker when I was on gingerblur so I'm not sure if it's a widgetlocker/D3 issue or an ics issue... I wouldn't have an issue just using the power button but my d2g was almost rendered useless when the power button jammed in and became inoperable and left me figuring out workarounds to turn my phone on reboot and turn the screen off... I'm trying to avoid using this power button as much as possible so if anyone knows of a way I can unlock or wake my phone from using the volume buttons pleaseeeee let me know... other than that and the penile screen I have zero complaints

I think you have to use the power button or you can slide out the keyboard with ICS. I know you can have the menu button unlock it though like older Android versions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made no mods. It was like this right off the bat, while I was setting up my google acct. I had trouble selecting the text input box until I actually held my finger there. Thought it was frozen or something at first. I can't stand it, I had to switch back to liberty. Frankly until the camera works I can't use ics as a daily driver anyways. I use it a fair bit

Sent from my XT862 using xda premium

Could try these build.prop tweaks. I have them all at except I haven't adjusted the max_events because I find the screen pretty responsive(tested to see if they caused crashing for you lol). Perhaps just the 1of keeping the launcher in memory will help with what you're noticing. I have to say it seems even quicker here now but it could be placebo. I've also removed libGLES_android.so etc been messing around with flashplayer trying to find a fix but no luck yet, poor framerate in videos, like maybe 1 fps and it drops the rest to give ~27fps slideshow.

Helps Scrolling Response
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

Increases overall touch response
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1

Forces your home screen launcher to remain in memory
    ro.home_app_adj=1

Render UI with GPU
    debug.sf.hw=1
    @dano
    The globalnwswitch thing is in the /system/app folder. Delete the apk from there

In build.prop

it goes

"# Default Network type.
    # 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
    ro.telephony.default_network = 2."

does this mean that the default network is already set to 2? Do i have to change the number '7' to '2' also?? Thanks for any help guys. :)

I tried to change the setting in build.prop but i don't think it saved anything. Im using AstroViewer to do it. I also deleted the GlobalNswitch.apk from the APP folder.

But when i reboot the phone it says 'process com.android.phone has stopped. Am I doing something wrong?? LOL

edit: and one more thing. phone won't let me uninstall/delete GlobalNSwitch.apk. it said delete was unsuccessful and uninstall was unsuccessful..

The # means that that line is commented out ie doesn't actually do anything. Its just there for your information. So yes default network is set to 2 already.

/system is a read only file system. I'm not familiar with astro manager, some file mangers allow you to remount read/write. Look around otherwaise use a terminal emulator to run this command
    busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
    Make sure you are root first by using the command su if you are it should say som ething like root@solana (or something similar, I can't remember exactly)

How does this do for a daily driver? I just got my Droid 3 replaced so I've got a fresh system to fall back on just in case.

If you don't use the camera much/at all, it's a great daily. I've been on CM9 exclusively, for about three months now, and haven't had any problems doing what I need to do. The camera is a sticking point for some, but, I don't mind at all. :)