PureGear Slim Shell Case

Search This thread

polesp

Aug 1, 2010
Would anyone know where I could buy the coconut jelly version in the uk? I would be willing to make a video review on my youtube channel: youtube.com/polesp as a payment :)

kgbkny

Aug 15, 2009
New York
I was waiting for the Musubo cases to come out, but decided to pull the trigger on the PureGear Slim Shell instead. I ordered the Black Tea one from this seller on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PUREGEAR-SA...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2573f30cba

At $22.75 and free shipping, this is the lowest price I was able to find. It's out for delivery today, so I'll post a quick review within the next couple of days. I'm currently using a CruzerLite TPU case, as I'm not a big fan of dual layer (i.e., Otterbox, Ballistic, etc.) cases. The PureGear certainly seems like an interesting option.

Reactions: polesp

polesp

Aug 1, 2010
I was waiting for the Musubo cases to come out, but decided to pull the trigger on the PureGear Slim Shell instead. I ordered the Black Tea one from this seller on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PUREGEAR-SA...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item2573f30cba

At $22.75 and free shipping, this is the lowest price I was able to find. It's out for delivery today, so I'll post a quick review within the next couple of days. I'm currently using a CruzerLite TPU case, as I'm not a big fan of dual layer (i.e., Otterbox, Ballistic, etc.) cases. The PureGear certainly seems like an interesting option.

Thank you! there are virtually no reviews out for this case :( which one are you getting? if it is the coconut jelly one would you be able to comment on whether the clear back leaves any marks on the back of the s3 (those big bubbles you get when plastic touches something), as postage to the UK takes 30 days your help is really appreciated :)

kgbkny

Aug 15, 2009
New York
I was considering both Coconut Jelly and Black Tea, and ended up going with Black Tea. I know exactly what marks/bubbles you're referring to - my wife is using a CruzerLite translucent green TPU case on her white GS3, and the bubbles on the back are a bit unsightly. I came across a post on a different thread, where it was suggested to spread a small amount of talcum powder inside the case prior to putting it on the phone. Supposedly, it completely eliminates the bubbles.

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
We sell this case in store at TMobile ... they sell out fast... pretty nice case and a very functional holster

mrthirsty

Sep 4, 2010
Just seeing if anyone has purchased one of these cases and how they compare to a diztronic or SGP color hybrid.

Thanks,

gg_monogram

Jan 12, 2010
i wanted to buy this but kinda worry about the grippy rubber will easily get dirt and not washable. Also, how come there is no passion fruit color at all?????

msgnyc

Mar 13, 2006
Tri-State
looks real nice. o_O

I like the Black Tea. Passion Fruit would've been soo much better had it had green trim rather then the blue. ;)

kgbkny

Aug 15, 2009
New York
I received my case and am definitely liking it so far, despite a couple of minor imperfections. I'll post a review this weekend, when I have the time to sit down and write one up. All in all, I give the case 8.5/10.

The rubber is hard, not the grippy kind. It doesn't trap dirt at all. The case is far superior to the CruzerLite TPU case that I've been using previously.

@Goobacks:

I agree, the design of the roll-on screen protector is absolutely genius. However, $25 is a bit too hefty.

natsirt789

Jan 3, 2010
I received my case and am definitely liking it so far, despite a couple of minor imperfections. I'll post a review this weekend, when I have the time to sit down and write one up. All in all, I give the case 8.5/10.

The rubber is hard, not the grippy kind. It doesn't trap dirt at all. The case is far superior to the CruzerLite TPU case that I've been using previously.

@Goobacks:

I agree, the design of the roll-on screen protector is absolutely genius. However, $25 is a bit too hefty.

did you get the coconut jelly clear version?? when u say the rubber is hard, is that the back too? will this prevent those unsightly bubbles?

grillheadxl

Mar 26, 2012
WV
I am looking at this case and wonder how everyone that got them likes it? Is it a slippery case? Holding up well?

kgbkny

Aug 15, 2009
New York
I am looking at this case and wonder how everyone that got them likes it? Is it a slippery case? Holding up well?

In the event you come back to this thread, my case is holding up like a champ. They are available on Amazon for around $15 nowadays, and it's definitely worth the money. I got the orange one for my wife, who always keeps her phone in her purse, and the edges accummulated black scuff marks all around the sides of the case. I have the black tea one, and it still looks the same as it did the day I bought it. Then again, I don't have a purse! ;)

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7
Not a bad case not real grippy got the coconut jelly ( clear ) I don't recommend the color it looks like it has 3 cracks ( really small ones ) rite above the 3 slots for camera speaker and flash but not bad for paying 17 bucks with shipping from cell guru

sent from the samsung galaxy airplane (i747)

pyro224

Jul 26, 2010
In the event you come back to this thread, my case is holding up like a champ. They are available on Amazon for around $15 nowadays, and it's definitely worth the money. I got the orange one for my wife, who always keeps her phone in her purse, and the edges accummulated black scuff marks all around the sides of the case. I have the black tea one, and it still looks the same as it did the day I bought it. Then again, I don't have a purse! ;)

Hi, I read a comment on Amazon about the white one where the reviewer says that the nubs didn't stop the case from scratching when the phone vibrated. Do you or your wife see this problem?

Thanks
trying to decide between this case and the incipio silicrylic

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7
Ive heard not so good things about this case

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :p

Ya Im setting mine aside as a back up case and using my casemate pop volume button r real responsive but the power button is kinda hard to press has lots of rough sharp edges at case seams and real very cheap and slippery

sent from the samsung galaxy airplane (i747)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.