Note 3 Signal Strength problems

Search This thread

KosanRio

Feb 10, 2012
So apperently the signal strength on our devices is not up to par. Ive heard a large amount of people having bad signal quality compared to their previous devices as well as previous Galaxy devices. Personally I've owned an SM-900A (AT&T) and an SM-900T (T-Mobile) Note 3 and they've all had pretty garbage signal strength (10+ DBm worse than any of my other devices on LTE, 3G, and 2G.) For example my budget Pantech Burst gets about 10DBm better than my Note 3 on any network type which is pitiful since its a 2 year old budget android device...
Its not even close to the signal strength i got on my AT&T Note II. I constantly drop from LTE to a just as weak 3G signal and sometimes ****ing EDGE! (2G)
It doesnt do this on my other devices
All of this has been on AT&T.

So what the hell is causing this guys?
Is it the power enveloping **** they implemented?
Are the antennas ****?
Its seriously bothering me.

Last edited:
Reactions: hasanalvanpour

MILJANN

Aug 8, 2011
So apperently the signal strength on our devices is not up to par. Ive heard a large amount of people having bad signal quality compared to their previous devices as well as previous Galaxy devices. Personally I've owned an SM-900A (AT&T) and an SM-900T (T-Mobile) Note 3 and they've all had pretty garbage signal strength (10+ DBm worse than any of my other devices on LTE, 3G, and 2G.) For example my budget Pantech Burst gets about 10DBm better than my Note 3 on any network type which is pitiful since its a 2 year old budget android device...
Its not even close to the signal strength i got on my AT&T Note II. I constantly drop from LTE to a just as weak 3G signal and sometimes ****ing EDGE! (2G)

Are the antennas ****?

I have Samsung galaxy note 3 with snapdragon 800. No problem with GSM signal strength... And wifi signal strength is much,much better than on,for example, iPhone five. i have both of these devices.so I can see the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mrlovkim

Sep 26, 2009
Haarlem
Also having reception problems with calls. The bars drop to zero then back to all bars when sitting in the same place. Have read of others as well having this problem. Vodafone is my carrier here in Holland.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: leutzu

MILJANN

Aug 8, 2011
Also having reception problems with calls. The bars drop to zero then back to all bars when sitting in the same place. Have read of others as well having this problem. Vodafone is my carrier here in Holland.

Interesting. I'm also in Europe. I also have a random signal bar dropping, but that does not influence in quality of calls.

Sent from Note 3

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
Dito same problems I was going to repair center but it seems I ain't the only one. .

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mrlovkim

Sep 26, 2009
Haarlem
Because of this happening I get missed calls messages or calls go right to voice mail. Very annoying.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
I have Samsung galaxy note 3 with snapdragon 800. No problem with GSM signal strength... And wifi signal strength is much,much better than on,for example, iPhone five. i have both of these devices.so I can see the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which ROM are you currently using? Lots of people are having WiFi issues even with the auto network switch off.

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
I just got a Note 3 last week from ATT and I have no issues with signal strength. In fact it has better signal strength everywhere than the Nokia Lumia 920 that it replaced. Where I work at few phones can get reception due the the metal frame of the building and the numerous RF and electronic sources we have in the building. But my Note 3 has no issue in any part of that building. Again I am in the US and on one of ATT's flagship regions so that may be the difference.

MILJANN

Aug 8, 2011
Which ROM are you currently using? Lots of people are having WiFi issues even with the auto network switch off.

mavumepu.jpg
but it was the same wifi strength anyway in every version of rom. I'm using galaxy note 3 with snap dragon 800. And people was complaining about wifi in other topics ...yes...but not about wifi strength ....it was upload and download speeds. Later they solve the issue .it was program glitch

Sent from Note 3

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
My signal bar has never been over 3 bars ever. I found it odd.... but put it down to my carrier (3 UK) - so seems like a wide issue with signal strength then?

MILJANN

Aug 8, 2011
My signal bar has never been over 3 bars ever. I found it odd.... but put it down to my carrier (3 UK) - so seems like a wide issue with signal strength then?
my signal is variable... But i never lost a call or being unavailable. so that signal bar, for me is kind of fake

Sent from Note 3

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
my signal is variable... But i never lost a call or being unavailable. so that signal bar, for me is kind of fake

Sent from Note 3

I've never lost a call, but I lose data a lot. And then it takes about 10mins for it to come back, but as I said I put it down to 3 UK being silly. Hoping their LTE network will be better. I'm assuming it will be as they're piggy backing on EE UK's network.

MohJee

Nov 3, 2012
Did you update to MJ7? Because that brought me significant signal boost. I'm getting full bars inside my bathroom whereas before It went dead whenever I entered it.

Ce

Sep 23, 2006

+1

GSM reception is pretty lousy, a few signal drops a day. While my HTC ONE had a signal strength from -90 dBm most of the time (in my house, same provider) the Note 3 is almost never better than -100 dBm with a daily average about -105 dBm.
Signal bars go up and down all the time...most of the time no bars at all (but with reception)

The Note 3 is my first smartphone in years that has Wifi reception problems. I have 10 wireless devices connected to my router and the Note 3 is the only one with reception problems (dropping signal and switching to 3G...when available)

I'm on MJ7

MILJANN

Aug 8, 2011
+1

GSM reception is pretty lousy, a few signal drops a day. While my HTC ONE had a signal strength from -90 dBm most of the time (in my house, same provider) the Note 3 is almost never better than -100 dBm with a daily average about -105 dBm.
Signal bars go up and down all the time...most of the time no bars at all (but with reception)

The Note 3 is my first smartphone in years that has Wifi reception problems. I have 10 wireless devices connected to my router and the Note 3 is the only one with reception problems (dropping signal and switching to 3G...when available)

I'm on MJ7

It's strange. I'm using wifi all the time in my house and I have no problems of that kind. Since we have iPhone 4s,iPhone 5 and iPad 4 I can tell that's wifi strength of note 3 is much, much better. so I'm very satisfied. On the same spot I've got a new usable signals that I don't have on iphone 5 iPhone 4s and iPad 4. It was a very pleasant surprise for me and that is not the only case with Apple products. I've done some comparing with Motorola and lg .note 3 got usable signals that Motorola and LG don't have. So far so good....

Sent from Note 3

Mrlovkim

Sep 26, 2009
Haarlem
My problem is not with wife or data it's strength of for phone calls. I have read quite a few having problems with their Samsung unit. Went from a S3 to the Note 3 and the S3 did not have this problem and it was the same carrier.

Sent from my SM-N9005

MILJANN

Aug 8, 2011
My problem is not with wife or data it's strength of for phone calls. I have read quite a few having problems with their Samsung unit. Went from a S3 to the Note 3 and the S3 did not have this problem and it was the same carrier.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Its very good that you don't have any problem with your wife ??????

Sent from Note 3

Reactions: RaymondPJR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Are the antennas ****?

Dito same problems I was going to repair center but it seems I ain't the only one. .

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Because of this happening I get missed calls messages or calls go right to voice mail. Very annoying.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Its very good that you don't have any problem with your wife ??????

Sent from Note 3