[Q] Tasker, Autovoice and yatse

Search This thread

ryz4eva

Aug 20, 2013
id like to intergrate yatse voice control with tasker and autovoice. id like to be able to say "xbmc" and then have the yatse voice control pop up to open up.

taking it a step further, id like to be able to control xbmc using autovoice itself, for example, open the autovoice popup and say "i want to watch (movie)" and then the system does the rest.

simple in essence, however i cannot find the correct way to do it.

Draak22

Jan 3, 2011
According to the developers if Yatse themselves you should be able to accomplish this with the API.

http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Api

Not sure but you could try to send an intent with Tasker. Try this for playing a movie:

Profile:
Autovoice recognize:"xbmc"

Task:
Send intent
Action: org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.ACTION_APP_VOICECOMMAND_PARSER
Extra: org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.EXTRA_STRING_PARAMS:%avcommnofilter
Target: Service

The %avcommnofilter contains whatever you said after the trigger. Which is 'xbmc' in this case. So the command "xbmc play <movie>" would send org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.EXTRA_STRING_PARAMS: play <movie> to yatse.

As for play, pause or stop you would use the MEDIA_COMMAND instead of the PARSER.

Let me know if it works. If not, maybe someone else can shed some light. I quite like the idea you've got there.

Last edited:
Reactions: enotime

stearic

Jun 20, 2007
I don't know what i might be doing wrong, but i tried doing this and i'm not able to get this to work. Is there some special settings i need to have setup on xbmc/yatse?

Update: I got it figured out. Was doing something wrong, but all is good now.

Last edited:

stearic

Jun 20, 2007
What did you do to get it working.... using the sample above not getting anying
You need to take the spaces out of the action and extra lines. For some reason xda adds them, They aren't needed and are what's screwing it up if you do a direct 1:1 copy of the lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: clayboy

stearic

Jun 20, 2007
Yea, i spent a few hours only to find out that something didn't copy or paste right so it was all screwed up because of that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    According to the developers if Yatse themselves you should be able to accomplish this with the API.

http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projects/androidwidget/wiki/Api

Not sure but you could try to send an intent with Tasker. Try this for playing a movie:

Profile:
    Autovoice recognize:"xbmc"

Task:
    Send intent
    Action: org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.ACTION_APP_VOICECOMMAND_PARSER
    Extra: org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.EXTRA_STRING_PARAMS:%avcommnofilter
    Target: Service

The %avcommnofilter contains whatever you said after the trigger. Which is 'xbmc' in this case. So the command "xbmc play <movie>" would send org.leetzone.android.yatsewidget.EXTRA_STRING_PARAMS: play <movie> to yatse.

As for play, pause or stop you would use the MEDIA_COMMAND instead of the PARSER.

Let me know if it works. If not, maybe someone else can shed some light. I quite like the idea you've got there.
    What did you do to get it working.... using the sample above not getting anying
    You need to take the spaces out of the action and extra lines. For some reason xda adds them, They aren't needed and are what's screwing it up if you do a direct 1:1 copy of the lines.
    i typed it out without spaces and still unable to play a movie

Do you have the premium version of yatse?