[FIX] Revive phone from the drain of death

Search This thread

Asadroid

Feb 23, 2011
Panama
this is a problem on Xperia Devices (at least the ones with a sealed battery my x10 never had this).

This drain brick happens because the hell i know, but is phone bricked, dark, no light , no vibration, nada, its was a real brick.

how i fixed it? sort of i fixed my Xperia T had to provoke charging but the Z1 doesnt have a red blinking light after charging it for a while... but it does have a magnetic charging port!.

now to the instructions. following what i did to try and revive my phone.

1. try to charge the phone for an hour or so.
2. most like it wont charge but if you connect it to the PC, it will sort of react to it, just try unplugging and plugging the phone till it reacts, you may even leave it to charge there just in case (for about 10 mins if you want i leaved it for 3).
3. get a 2 AMP charger, the original one or a known brand charger like anker (i did it with my anker charger and it worked).
4. get or Use a magnetic cable/dock and connect it simultaniously with the usb cable on the PC. (and no the magnetic cable wasnt enough to jump charge the phone).
5. if the stimulation worked, it should be able to show a really dim red led, that means your phone is still alive
6.let it charge it will turn on alone.
7. smile and cry out of joy because your 500-700 dollar phone still works.

if it worked or you have any modifications on this method leave a comment and hit the THANKS button.

btw i turned on my phone and it had 1% that means it never charged until i jump charged it.

Celestial Fury

Aug 19, 2013
Sim City
Interesting. For normal charging, will plugging the Z1 to the USB and magnetic ports simultaneously speed up charging as well?

Asadroid

Feb 23, 2011
Panama
Interesting. For normal charging, will plugging the Z1 to the USB and magnetic ports simultaneously speed up charging as well?

no you can't speed up charging. Charging speed is limited to cable quality, AC plug quality and software/hardware restrictions.

the USB on PC and magnetic cable combo for some reason helps to start the phone like you do when you want to recharge an depleted car battery.

It just open the circuit and let the phone charge again.

omar300

Jul 2, 2012
Toronto
someone please confirm if this works for more than one person/situation.
Thanks for assistance btw, hopefully it works for all of us. :)

momo-infos

Jan 3, 2014
alger
help me please

this is a problem on Xperia Devices (at least the ones with a sealed battery my x10 never had this).

This drain brick happens because the hell i know, but is phone bricked, dark, no light , no vibration, nada, its was a real brick.

how i fixed it? sort of i fixed my Xperia T had to provoke charging but the Z1 doesnt have a red blinking light after charging it for a while... but it does have a magnetic charging port!.

2. most like it wont charge but if you connect it to the PC, it will sort of react to it, just try unplugging and plugging the phone till it reacts, you may even leave it to charge there just in case (for about 10 mins if you want i leaved it for 3).
3. get a 2 AMP charger, the original one or a known brand charger like anker (i did it with my anker charger and it worked).
4. get or Use a magnetic cable/dock and connect it simultaniously with the usb cable on the PC. (and no the magnetic cable wasnt enough to jump charge the phone).
5. if the stimulation worked, it should be able to show a really dim red led, that means your phone is still alive

if it worked or you have any modifications on this method leave a comment and hit the THANKS button.

btw i turned on my phone and it had 1% that means it never charged until i jump charged it.

Hello my friend I have Xperia Z1 and I fall into the Hard Brick Pc didn't recognized my phone but I put myself in the wall charger after a few hours LED red blinking you can post a picture for this solution because I did not understand exactly and thank you

Asadroid

Feb 23, 2011
Panama
Nope doesn't work.
I tried it already.

Sorry guys. :(

did the computer detected the phone but for a brief moment like trying to install the drivers?

Worked for me. Took some time before PCC registered it though.

@Kirkymole;
can you share what you did exactly and what i can up to the guide?

and im glad that i could help you

Hello my friend I have Xperia Z1 and I fall into the Hard Brick Pc didn't recognized my phone but I put myself in the wall charger after a few hours LED red blinking you can post a picture for this solution because I did not understand exactly and thank you

as i told you on the PM write up how you bricked it exactly and what steps have you done so i can help you correctly.

i will post pictures of the procedure of how i did it when i get a few hours to edit and upload it.

ruinkhan

Oct 6, 2007
Ontario
Tried this trick last night. After 2 hours LED stopped blinking and became stable RED (no flashing). This is the first time in 1 month that LED stopped flashing, I was even able to Hold Power+Volume up button and it vibrated 3 times (nothing like that happened in the past). So it was a significant improvement from where I was 2 days ago. However, LED suddenly turned off and when I connected it to charger again it started to blink again. Buttons do not respond again.

Little info from the past:
I bricked my Z1 when I flashed .290 ROM. Left it on charge for 2 days nothing happened, flashtool would not recognize it and kept saying USB debugging off. Then I decided to open back cover and remove the battery so it could reset. That didnt resolve the issue and i just gave up.

pheel

Mar 7, 2011
Sydney
did the computer detected the phone but for a brief moment like trying to install the drivers?

Yes. But the computer simply recognised it as a normal "unknown" usb device with usb debugging disabled.

--

Tried this trick last night. After 2 hours LED stopped blinking and became stable RED (no flashing). This is the first time in 1 month that LED stopped flashing, I was even able to Hold Power+Volume up button and it vibrated 3 times (nothing like that happened in the past). So it was a significant improvement from where I was 2 days ago. However, LED suddenly turned off and when I connected it to charger again it started to blink again. Buttons do not respond again.

Little info from the past:
I bricked my Z1 when I flashed .290 ROM. Left it on charge for 2 days nothing happened, flashtool would not recognize it and kept saying USB debugging off. Then I decided to open back cover and remove the battery so it could reset. That didnt resolve the issue and i just gave up.

Exact same thing happened to me. "USB debugging off"

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
All I did was plug in the magnetic connector, then with the PC turned on and Pc companion running I plugged in the USB, it took about 20 minutes to recognise it but once it did, I unplugged it, left it on charge via the magnetic plug for around 5 hours and although the charging symbol never appeared it booted into recovery the normal way (I did that just to see what would happen) then restarted the phone via Cwm and it worked normally from then on.

I also kind of used this method.

I directly plugged in, in these steps.

1) Plug in magnetic charging dock with 1A charger (Plugged USB into charger)
2) Plug in USB with 2.1A charger (Plugged USB into charger)
Dim-ish red light popped up and the phone began booting.

Plugging into the phone for me wasn't as effective as plugging into the charger as I left it for a while and nothing happened but upon plugging USB into my single dual port charger this method worked to get my phone onto the charging screen, Android L

Had to plug the USB in and out a few times, not too many times, but eventually it booted up to the charging screen.

Be patient is the key I suppose?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Nope doesn't work.
    I tried it already.

Sorry guys. :(