CM 10.2.1 (jelly bean) or CM 7 (gingerbread)

Search This thread

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
Okay I've been reading some things that the new builds even though they are stable, are very laggy. I know the nook only has a 800 MHz and a single core. So I was wondering which you would suggest. As I am going to be rooting a friends nook color for there 7 year old son. (They want the play store and android) so I was wondering which would run the best for a little kid just playing games like angry birds with it. And is there anyway to hide SU.... We all know we don't want a 7 year old messing with SU.... So which ROM would you suggest? Open to any suggestions. And please kid friendly somewhat ROMs :) as in like kind of easy to use and operate through. I will gladly take any suggestions on ROMs :) please and thank you all in the nook community!!! :D

Sent from my Rezound. CyanogenMod 11. S-Off

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
Okay I've been reading some things that the new builds even though they are stable, are very laggy. I know the nook only has a 800 MHz and a single core. So I was wondering which you would suggest. As I am going to be rooting a friends nook color for there 7 year old son. (They want the play store and android) so I was wondering which would run the best for a little kid just playing games like angry birds with it. And is there anyway to hide SU.... We all know we don't want a 7 year old messing with SU.... So which ROM would you suggest? Open to any suggestions. And please kid friendly somewhat ROMs :) as in like kind of easy to use and operate through. I will gladly take any suggestions on ROMs :) please and thank you all in the nook community!!! :D

Sent from my Rezound. CyanogenMod 11. S-Off

Edit ~~~~~~~~~~~
Also using Mac and the CM website on how to get CM installed onto the device. Is it reliable? It seems reliable. And it looks like it would work well. Just has anyone tried it? :) or should I go another root route?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Mineturtle33

Jan 15, 2013
Cm7 is the way to go for performance, however, it is not very kid friendly. This: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1506929 is probably the most kid-friendly ROM I have seen. I saw your signature and I'm sure you know how to install ROMs if you've got cm11 on your phone. Cheers!

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

And it's the first post in that link. The thread contains 2 ROM's

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
Sorry for the late response but I got it installed. I got cm 7 installed. The kid likes it. So. Well I guess its all good and thank you :) so glad support for my phone isn't dead :D such amazing developer's!!! :D

Sent from my Resound using tapatalk. CyanogenMod 11. S-off.

Mineturtle33

Jan 15, 2013
Yes, all of the devs on XDA are amazing. I'm just an amateur.

You should try out some themes that are on Google play/ android market. My favorite is red remix. It looks really cool.