Magnetic charging lead

Search This thread

Jwsail

Dec 30, 2010
Hi folks,

Can any of you point me in the direction of a supplier of magnetic charging lead fit the z1 compact that will post to the UK at a sensible price?

Thanks.

John
Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Jwsail

Dec 30, 2010
Cheers for that. That link proved just the job -I haven't ordered one from there, but it turns out what I thought was the obvious search term on ebay abs amazon wasn't :)

theprince1991

Dec 8, 2008
Cheers for that. That link proved just the job -I haven't ordered one from there, but it turns out what I thought was the obvious search term on ebay abs amazon wasn't :)

If I were you I wouldn't... The cable has an extremely weak magnet, it comes off at the slightest touch. It would be impossible to use whilst the phone is charging. I could have got the really cheap cable from Amazon but because of the reviews about it's weak magnet I instead got a more expensive cable from mobilefun.co.uk. Unfortunately it was the same poor quality cable.

Phukkitt

Jun 19, 2013
Stockholm
If I were you I wouldn't... The cable has an extremely weak magnet, it comes off at the slightest touch. It would be impossible to use whilst the phone is charging. I could have got the really cheap cable from Amazon but because of the reviews about it's weak magnet I instead got a more expensive cable from mobilefun.co.uk. Unfortunately it was the same poor quality cable.

It's not that the magnet itself is weak, it's rather the design of it.

I can lift my phone with the magnet, even shake a little up and down without it falling off.
However, as you might know the easiest way to remove a magnet is to tilt/angle it, which the design of this magnet makes way too easy.
After all, the entire connector was designed around being mounted inside a charging stand, where the phone's angle to the connector would never change. Using it as a separate cable was never intended, the cable you can buy for example at dx-box is the very same cable that is supposed to be inside that charging stand.
I think if they designed a cable where the plastic around the magnet and the connectors was laying flush against the phone, tilting the cable would become less of an issue.

That said, I can use the phone just fine with the magnet connected as long as I don't pull on the cable, as the magnet is strong enough to handle the weight of the cable with no problem.

theprince1991

Dec 8, 2008
It's not that the magnet itself is weak, it's rather the design of it.

I can lift my phone with the magnet, even shake a little up and down without it falling off.
However, as you might know the easiest way to remove a magnet is to tilt/angle it, which the design of this magnet makes way too easy.
After all, the entire connector was designed around being mounted inside a charging stand, where the phone's angle to the connector would never change. Using it as a separate cable was never intended, the cable you can buy for example at dx-box is the very same cable that is supposed to be inside that charging stand.
I think if they designed a cable where the plastic around the magnet and the connectors was laying flush against the phone, tilting the cable would become less of an issue.

That said, I can use the phone just fine with the magnet connected as long as I don't pull on the cable, as the magnet is strong enough to handle the weight of the cable with no problem.

Yup you are 100% right. I can indeed lift the phone up using the connector. The problem is with the tilt/angle as you've already mentioned above.

matthies00

May 11, 2014
any of you is using thie cable from witrigs ?
http://www.witrigs.com/custom-magnetic-charging-cable-for-sony-xperia-z1-compact-black

i am also considering the magnector X, but if i plan to replace back by glass one, then purchase of this from witrigs is better economically. But don't know how does it works? How is it with charging speed and battery life?

and the last one, anyone using this original cable? and how much is it "original" ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Ori..._PDA_Cables_Adapters&var=&hash=item3f32e3085b

Last edited:

crótach

Sep 20, 2012
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
I've bought one from Amazon and returned it, the cable was falling off at the slightest touch and it was even difficult to set right to charge.

I wanted it for charging the phone in my car, which already has a usb socket adapter, but with the falling out problem it was a no-go from the start.

On the plus side, I ended up with a Supremery charging dock, which is cheaper than Sony and works better (for me at least).

I don't use it in the car - just to be clear :)

matthies00

May 11, 2014
but was it the same from amazon that i linked, or something far cheaper, "branded " by Sony ?

How is it with battery life on Supremery charging dock? Do you see shorter life and longer charging? Am asking because some guys were complaining for those on not original dock.
Thanks

ViennaLinux

Jul 19, 2007
I really would like to buy this Magnector X cable but I have not found a good way to buy and ship this to Austria/Europe. Any ideas where I can buy this with realistic shipping prices to get this inside the european union?

Lasantha

Jun 27, 2011

this is a copy paste fake of magnectox

in description it says"Perfect conversion adapter for Micro USB to Sony Xperia Z1 or Z2 OR Z1S Charging Cable

Premium Detailed Finish with complete retail package and adapter pouch

2 Times High Magnetic Power than original Sony Xperia Charging Cable

Maximum Charging Speed from Magnector's Enhanced Technology.

Applied "Reverse Attachment Charging Protection" Technology to protect your device
"

ViennaLinux

Jul 19, 2007
this is a copy paste fake of magnectox "

What do you mean by that?
What do you want to tell us with that?
Do you mean "Magnector X" ?

The Question is: Is it nevertheless a good product?
(I don't really care if they just copy&paste the description of another "premium" product)

I already ordered two of those cables so maybe I have wasted some euros on a cable no one of the posters above has ever tested?! :confused:

Last edited:

Lasantha

Jun 27, 2011
What do you mean by that?
What do you want to tell us with that?
Do you mean "Magnector X" ?

The Question is: Is it nevertheless a good product?
(I don't really care if they just copy&paste the description of another "premium" product)

I already ordered two of those cables so maybe I have wasted some euros on a cable no one of the posters above has ever tested?!: confused:
Well let us know [emoji1]

harryw66

Oct 2, 2010
Huawei MatePad Pro
Google Pixel 7

I have 3 of the dx-box ones:
http://dx-box.com/brand-new-magneti...dapter-for-sony-xperia-z1-xperia-z-ultra.html

The magnet may not be ask strong as the High Performance one, but its plenty strong enough for me. I use one in my car and the lead has never detached even when I have gone over pot holes or bumps in the road.

Also, at home I find it stays attached well enough for everyday usage.

New Folder

Feb 22, 2014
Ordered from ebay same product as Sony official except it didn't have Sony logo and was like 3 times cheaper.

Tittah

Mar 30, 2006
I have received the magnector cable and can confirm that the magnet is very powerfull. One can easily lift up the phone by the cable.

It doesn't however automatically snap on to the two (tiny) charging pins. It takes a little bit of practice to make it work.

Top Liked Posts